User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

I was always a dark elf priest (cleric), although did play ranger (hunter) for a while. I picked my race because it was the most attractive, not bc I identified with one lol.

Classes that bored me to bits: Tanks, mages (die so easily).

I also played Everquest about a year before WoW came out...oops showing my age. By the time WoW came out, I couldn't play such an addicting game anymore.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    I was always a dark elf priest (cleric)
    According to the OP list, I'm surprised you play your character archetype. I must have spent a good portion of my time on wow playing warrior in both pvp and pve settings. Second favorite would be shaman; for the micro-managing aspect of the class and the challenge.

Everquest... those were the good ole days. Spending hours for corpse retrievals and dungeon camping, heh. The game had really great music. The game had this campy nostalgic feel to it. Then it got too repetitive after awhile. Even for an MMO. Everquest 2 wasn't that much different.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

I could never be a tank, and I tried Shaman...but didn't like it. Being a cleric in EQ guaranteed a group, so it had that going. As for PvE...no way in Hell, people were ruthless. I couldn't get into to hard core RPG, but thought they were entertaining to watch.

Why would it surprise you that I was a cleric?

I never played EQ2.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Depending on the time you played wow, warriors could either play tank or dps. On certain patches, warriors were pushing dps higher than the biggest damage dealing classes, up until they got nerfed... then buffed... then nerfed again. You get the idea. There was a point when blizzard didn't know what to do with warriors or even shadow-priests.

Getting a group after wrath of the lich king was easy for all classes. All you had to do was be on group queue where ever you were in the wow universe and checked what role you wanted to play in the group, and when all 5 or so people in the queue was ready, they'd teleport you all to the instance (dungeon).

I'm surprised because, personally speaking, I play games to be out of character. Or perhaps playing in-your-face classes is more fitting of my alter-ego... who knows. I just thought more of our type would engage with Ne in this manner.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    Depending on the time you played wow, warriors could either play tank or dps. On certain patches, warriors were pushing dps higher than the biggest damage dealing classes, up until they got nerfed... then buffed... then nerfed again. You get the idea. There was a point when blizzard didn't know what to do with warriors or even shadow-priests.

Getting a group after wrath of the lich king was easy for all classes. All you had to do was be on group queue where ever you were in the wow universe and checked what role you wanted to play in the group, and when all 5 or so people in the queue was ready, they'd teleport you all to the instance (dungeon).

I'm surprised because, personally speaking, I play games to be out of character. Or perhaps playing in-your-face classes is more fitting of my alter-ego... who knows. I just thought more of our type would engage with Ne in this manner.
    LOL, well maybe I'm not an INFP since I played a cleric 11 years ago.

People play those games to escape reality. Has nothing to do with type.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    LOL, well maybe I'm not an INFP since I played a cleric 11 years ago.

People play those games to escape reality. Has nothing to do with type.
    I think you misconstrued my point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

I think you misconstrued my point.
    I guess...it's really late here, I'm tired so very possible.

Just a weird feeling
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

For me, both for RPGs and in MMOs, I usually play characters unlike myself. In MMOs, I actually favor mages less and fighters/rogues/archers more. (My real-life engagement style is nicer and less risky. I typically sit back, analyze, then make decisions; in game, I take more active roles.)

But I'll play all types in a game at some point, just to understand the capabilities of each; it helps me play one type better if I understand how it fits with others.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

When I played WoW, my favorite classes were Druid (Balance), Paladin (Protection) and Priest (Discipline). In that order, and I never really liked Horde. They're just an edgy freak show.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

Ginkgo

Gameplay wise, I enjoyed Mage>Rogue>Shaman during WotLK. It's been so long that the patches and updates would probably alter my preferences at this point. One way or another, I'd probably enjoy rogue for PvP.

For the Horde etc. \m/