• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft Classes (matching archetypes with archetypes)

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
thread bump.

Alliance races:

Humans:ESFJ-ESTJ(Depends on character, but most of them follow the "upstanding" citizen stereotype.)

Dwarves: ESTP-ESFP (The most extraverted sensory of them all. They like to drink, fight and they are very down to earth, quite practical and blunt, they have what i would call an affinity for materialism and industry.)

Night Elves:IXFJ(xenophobic tree huggers, who are quite spiritual and have a affinity for nature. Their motivations are usually concerned with their societies values, rather then systems and codes like humans and orcs. Like worshipping nature and devotion to elune. Their society seems to encourage reclusive and isolated life styles.)

Gnome: ENFP-INTP(Similar to goblins, only they are more fluffy and cuddly instead of crazy. Nifty tinkerers who like to manufacture and develop technology, aswell as invent. They are insatiably curious and technologically obessed.)

Draenei: INFJ(Sanctimonous bastard's, who are above it all. Religious, kind, altruistic, and aloof.)

Horde races:

Orcs:ESTX's(Tough skinned, proud, blunt, and generally rambunctious, they always empathize a code of honor in battle and observe and follow their traditions, which is why they generally lean on the ESTJ's side. Strength and honor is their battle cry, and they never apologize to others even after making peace [suggests proud ego syndrome]).

Trolls:ISXP's(They usually shun outsiders and foreigners[they like to eat them instead of greet them], but they are very mellow and laid back in manners. They are very invidual in their approach to things and often they hunt and work alone.)

Goblin:ENFP-ENTP(Crazy archetypes of ENXP's. They are described as witty, inventive and ingenious technology enthuasists[besides being greedy, selfish cunning bastards]. Often they are considered a bit unstable.)

Tauren:ISFJ-ISFP-ISTP(classical cases of tree-hugging stoics, they revere nature and observe their ancient traditions, but in constrast to elves they remain open and naive.)

Undead:INTJ-ISTJ( They are hard to type, since they lack the certain nische that other races have, but generally speaking they end up on the grayish zone of XXTJ's.)

Blood-elf: XXTJ's(They come in all shapes of personalities, but generally they tend to lean on the XXTJ slope, they are usually pretentious and arrogant, often denigrating other races to a position inferior to their own.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
gonna show you my mighty glowing knight sword then you'll revise ur goblinish opinion

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
this thread is :laugh:. that being said, after playing alliance for nearly two years i switched my 80 night elf druid and 76 draenei pally to horde and haven't looked back. i have a 53 belf priest that i'm working with now. i'd say overall i prefer casting. what mbti type does the above information make me? ;P

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I played a Priest and a Warlock... im an INFJ you figure that one out! lol

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'm an ISTJ and I played a priest main. In almost every class based game, I go directly for the healing based support role. I adored Priest.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Goblins wouldn't be entp, they're too singularly focused on profit; therefore they'd lack the whole ENTP basis.
Their initial mercantile culture is based on making as much profit as possible, yes. But if you take a look at their inventions, they have some really crazy crap, like massive bomb's, air ships, instable components, half-finished invention's, and countless of improvised stuff. Their invention's are haphazardly arranged like Ne on hyperspeed. Their work is more like from a whim rather then a thorough thought process.

KDude

funny.. so troll hunters are isfp? i played a troll hunter. didn't last long though (the game's kind of tedious imho).

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
the SFJ's I know hardly use the internet never mind get into such a time consuming game. "ahhggg i don't have time for that!" my old ESFJ neighbor once told me that the internet was a complete waste of time. :huh:

KDude

i definitely like the net and even games (of course, im no sfj either). but WoW wasn't challenging to me. quests were like "Hail! go fetch 10 rat testicles and i'll make u some boots!" and then the rats were really easy to beat and the boots sucked. and it was like that for 40 lvls for however long i lasted.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tauren hunter and Tauren shaman ftw. If I'm not an exception, than I'd say Tauren is also INTP!

Besides, I don't like gnomes, nor the alliance in general. Horde ftw.. :p

i definitely like the net and even games (of course, im no sfj either). but WoW wasn't challenging to me. quests were like "Hail! go fetch 10 rat testicles and i'll make u some boots!" and then the rats were really easy to beat and the boots sucked. and it was like that for 40 lvls for however long i lasted.

Yeah, leveling is boring, challenges don't come until endgame, and even then, you need to grind/farm lots in order to stay at the top.

I really enjoyed multiboxing though, while leveling (soloing instances), while doing PvP and arena endgame and while doing raid instances playing multiple characters at once.

But yeah, as for playing a single character, the challenges are hard to find.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i can see where one would find this game boring. my husbands (INTJ) hates it. my favorite was gathering piles of shit in negrand. what a lovely way to spend an afternoon. :laugh:

as for my belf priest, i think she's my favorite toon thus far. her attitude isn't far off from my own.

KDude

to be fair, i heard it gets better. i heard raids/bosses took a lot of strategy. it was just too exhausting for me to get there :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
to be fair, i heard it gets better. i heard raids/bosses took a lot of strategy. it was just too exhausting for me to get there :)

Not so much though. It was cool in the beginning, when I started Molten Core and no one had even one epic. All in blue BRS gear. That's when it was exciting because people were one shotted all over the place.

Now there are some raid bosses with different difficulty modes, I stopped a while ago before Ulduar got out so can't comment on Ulduar and other newer raid instances. But I cleared all raid instances back then playing 4 or 5 of the characters in a 10 man group. And it wasn't hard. Sartharion with 3 drakes up was the only challenging one. I only got to sarth with 2 drakes up while multiboxing before I decided to quit the game.

Generally, you wipe a few times, learn to understand the encounter, get it on farm, never have problems there again. Not really challenging, just more time consuming. :p

Arena in high brackets is challenging though. People there really don't mess up. It's almost like playing chess or something. I've had 5vs5 battles that were nerve wrecking and lasted over an hour. It was absolutely amazing. The most challenging time I've had in WoW was being in the top 10 of 5v5 arena. It was one particular season where I spent quite some time in order to get the proper gear to compete.

But then there's new patches and you start all over again in gear and whatnot. Kinda gets annoying and couldn't be bothered gearing up again.

I sort of went from PvP to PvE back to PvP, etc. It always got boring and I decided to focus on something else again. xD

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, old world quests are kind of dull. They got a lot better at it in the expansions.

Of all the classes, hunter was my favorite by far. My favorite was when skilled CCers were necessary to complete dungeons (mostly when the level cap was 70). I got really good at it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, old world quests are kind of dull. They got a lot better at it in the expansions.

Of all the classes, hunter was my favorite by far. My favorite was when skilled CCers were necessary to complete dungeons (mostly when the level cap was 70). I got really good at it.

In TBC I just burnt through heroics with my 4 elemental shamans. Who needs CC if you got the DPS. :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have a nelf bal/resto druid, but she's getting a bovine make-over in the next week or two.

I made a troll shammy and I love her. At lvl 45 her mana is for crap, but she's still fun to play. I can heal dungeons in elemental spec if the tank doesn't think he's a NASCAR driver and battle grounds are fun. I'm too bored with questing to do it a whole lot, so I'm doing more pvp and instances to level. Dual speccing as soon as I get the gold saved up.

I've been playing mostly in tauren territory because my husband started a Taruen warrior. I like the tauren community oriented, nature loving, ancestor worshiping NPCs. I'd probably hate it irl, but it's fun to dream.

Kanamori

My mains are a Warlock and prot/ret pally. I really like the ridiculous survivability of Paladins. Hunters need to do timing well with auto-shot and aimed shot, used to anyway, and traps (used to) so supposedly that would correlate with Ni.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hmm... well, I'm an ISTJ and my character is an 80 Dwarf Hunter.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
INFP- holy pally, and resto shammy