User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Al Gore's type

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Al Gore's type

Now that Al Gore has won the Nobel prize, I just watched "An Inconvenient Truth" again, and it got me thinking. On the net, Gore is usually typed as ENTJ, but when you watch the movie, he comes across softer and more committed to his cause than you would expect from an ENTJ. So, maybe ENFJ might be another option - especially if you think of the rhethorical style (the benevolent pedagogue).

What do you think ?

MBTI
    OMNi

Al Gore's type?

Idiot.

Oh...you meant personality type.

He is such a stoic that it's hard to tell. He invented the internet so maybe he is an INTP.

MBTI
    INTJ

After seeing the movie I kind of maybe thought ENFJ, but now I think he is ENTJ, although he is probably fairly well-rounded. Anyhow, I heard the Norwegian prime minister talk about how he was to work with. He said two main things, I can only remember the thing about how he was very well-informed, and always knew the facts. I interpreted that as his dominant Te at work.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    Now that Al Gore has won the Nobel prize, I just watched "An Inconvenient Truth" again, and it got me thinking. On the net, Gore is usually typed as ENTJ, but when you watch the movie, he comes across softer and more committed to his cause than you would expect from an ENTJ. So, maybe ENFJ might be another option - especially if you think of the rhethorical style (the benevolent pedagogue).

What do you think ?
    An ENTJ will also be very committed to his cause, especially if he is an Enneagram 8, being committed is no sign of being an F. Also, if you look at his presidential campaign, do you really think he is an ENFJ, one of the best "people-person" types? He clearly seems like an intuitive thinker to me, for me it would be between ENTJ and ENTP, that he stuck with a single cause for so many decades indicates J, so likely ENTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

I just watched him on Letterman and I don't see the E everyone apparently agrees on. I'm not sure of his type but I think he's an introvert.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm surprised they didn't award him a Nobel prize for inventing the internet.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I think he was exaggerating. I'm pretty sure he didn't invent it. I think it sprang up as a result of opening ARPANET and NSFNET resources to commercial networks, the TCP/IP protocol they created, and the HTTP protocol and HTML format. I've never heard of Al Gore contributing to any of this, and if he did, it was probably a minor role... perhaps he operated one of the backbone servers of the early Internet or something, but that's a far cry from "inventing" it.

Anyway... ISTJ? (Of course I'm not qualified to say that.)

EDIT: He didn't actually say that. But he did draft a bill called the "High-Performance Computing Act of 1991" as chairman of the Subcommittee on Science, Technology and Space. His actual claim was "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." So he contributed to the creation of the modern Internet, but he didn't actually develop the technology.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Urban Legends Reference Pages: Al Gore Invented the Internet

Just to clear that up wherever possible.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

My unscientific opinion is that he is an INFJ. He doesn't appear to be energized by extraversion. He is very deliberate and structured with his words. And he just 'feels' like an F to me. He has been developing his ideas about the environment for a very long time, since he was a college student. That seems very Ni to me... finally, he reminds my of my husband. Appears to have many of the same quirks and traits. Including the outward social "stiffness" or formality as I like to call it.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post

What do you think ?
    :rofl: Definitely not an "NF"!