User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: Al Gore's type

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    What an interesting discussion this has turned out to be! I am quite pleased - after a day I thought nobody would care.

I have one question for all of you:

If I remember correctly, the following types have been attributed to Mr. Gore in this thread: ENTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, INTP, INFP, INFJ. This is interesting. The man was Vice President of the US, ran for presidency once, and is obviously one of the most famous persons in the world. All of you know him and have heard him speak (maybe more often than some of you would like to). So, why is it possible that a forum of MBTI afficionados comes to such contrasting views? I think there could be hardly more difference than that between ENTJ and INFJ, or ESTJ and INTP, if you think of it. What does that tell us about our everyday use of MBTI ? What does it mean for discussions in this forum where people say "may friend who is an INFJ....does this and this.." ?

Any thoughts ?
    I have one. The Al Gore we saw who ran for President and lost seemed stiff, wooden, and so rational he was teased for being a robot. The Al Gore who emerged after that had a beard, was playful, and altogether was a changed man. Having a public face and a private face is probably more SJ than NT.

One thing I read - forgotten where - indicated his entire career up to that point had been an attempt to live up to his father's expectations and to do what his father would approve of. That brought me down firmly on the SJ side of the fence.

The Gore we're seeing now is more himself, but still seems to have slipped back into the manners and bearing he was reared to believe was expected of a public figure. I'm going to come down on the SJ side.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I would say either INTJ or ENTJ. He's so NTJ it's just not funny...

Clearcut Enneagram 1w9

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    It feels like you underestimate the whole guy. And let's be honest, underestimation, might lead to a sensor reading …
    How is underestimation Sensor like? I thought Sensing trusted in the establishment. What does that have to do with underestimation? This makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting that iNtuitives tend to overestimate? If that is the case, they will tend to reach false conclusions because of this. I'm not convinced of either assumption.

Gore strikes me as ?T?J. I'm not invested enough to nail down the Sensor vs. iNtuitive bit in his case. If I had to wager my best guess, I'd say XSTJ.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    How is underestimation Sensor like? I thought Sensing trusted in the establishment. What does that have to do with underestimation? This makes no sense to me..
    Yes, you got it all wrong. What I say is, when we underestimate people, we more easily type them as S. It is because we see intuition as a good quality, as opposed to sensing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

We've beaten this out before on INTPc in the past. (Of course, no one would accede the victory.)

I still see him as an ISTJ with a strong Te, who was forced to behave in ways that were not "him" for so long to live up to his renown father (also a senator). He was always extending himself into areas he was not suited for. (Losing the presidency was seriously the best thing that EVER happened to him, in terms of personal growth. And that has borne itself out.)

As a minor second option, I would allow an ENTJ with a weak N... but I don't think he extroverts well. It always felt like a costume, like the scared little geekboy trying to wear his father's clothes and be the smartest and most commanding person around.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

EDIT: Grr...post got eaten. Ah screw it. Short version is I think Gore is INTP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Yes, you got it all wrong. What I say is, when we underestimate people, we more easily type them as S. It is because we see intuition as a good quality, as opposed to sensing.
    That assumption was not clear in your former post, which could have meant a variety of things.

I'm not in the camp that says Sensors are less, although I am likely influenced by hearing many such comments.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I'm sorry, but every INTP I've ever known is *clever*. As in effortless, spontaneous wit.

Al Gore isn't clever. He's deliberate and thoughtful.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I just watched him on Letterman and I don't see the E everyone apparently agrees on. I'm not sure of his type but I think he's an introvert.

So do I. Think he's an introvert, that is.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    OMNi

He is an INTJ or a really anal INTP.

PTypes - Conscientious personality type (page two)