User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Al Gore's type

  1. #21
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    But isn't being concerned about global warming a Feeling perspective? I mean, it seems to be based on a concern/compassion for human life. That isn't very impersonal. Also, since he doesn't care how it makes him look, that hints that it's Fi > Fe... so that still means INFP or ISTJ.

    I would not attribute this strictly to Feeling. His pursuit of the global warming campaign does not tell us anything about how he either is personal or impersonal Thinkers tend to employ a Utilitarian approach to ethics because of their strong sense of fairness. Desirable is what benefits the most people as this will create an environment where the highest degree of autonomy can be attained. We are concerned with this because we know that this leads to objective good, for it has nothing to do with being concerned with the feelings of others. You can always assess the essence of 'good' bypass feelings. Thoughts and Intuitions, especially the former would be more than appropriate instruments to utilize. (I am using the two within the sphere of Jungian jargon)
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #22
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
    I was being serious. The man knows what he's doing. I don't think he's an N however because he tends to be very practically minded and more effective in terms of strategy. N/s tend to less organized and absent-minded. Not Gore
    Actually NTs are the chieftain strategists. That is because they see the big picture clearly and are able to make impersonal decisions in regards ot what they see.Sensors are the tacticians. You can think of strategy as a large field tactics enterprise. The superior version thereof. Yes, Intuitors tend to be less organized than Sensors, but not significantly. That is primarily a matter of a J/P discrepancy. Gore does not seem to have a great deal of potential to become a skilled logistician in a way that we can expect a sensor to.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Actually NTs are the chieftain strategists. That is because they see the big picture clearly and are able to make impersonal decisions in regards ot what they see.Sensors are the tacticians. You can think of strategy as a large field tactics enterprise. The superior version thereof. Yes, Intuitors tend to be less organized than Sensors, but not significantly. That is primarily a matter of a J/P discrepancy. Gore does not seem to have a great deal of potential to become a skilled logistician in a way that we can expect a sensor to.
    That's odd, because I think Obama or Hillary Clinton are more typically "N" types who lack Gore's Sensor Tactics. I mean, how many politicans are like Gore- who sets up his own channel and wins the Nobel Prize? It's much more of a strategic ESTJ mindset with his right hand woman (or man) being his INFJ voice.

    Obama's got America in terms of Emotional control, and Hillary's got America in terms of Media control- but Gore's got the rest of the population. Only an ESTJ can accomplish that.

  4. #24
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
    That's odd, because I think Obama or Hillary Clinton are more typically "N" types who lack Gore's Sensor Tactics. I mean, how many politicans are like Gore- who sets up his own channel and wins the Nobel Prize? It's much more of a strategic ESTJ mindset with his right hand woman (or man) being his INFJ voice.

    Obama's got America in terms of Emotional control, and Hillary's got America in terms of Media control- but Gore's got the rest of the population. Only an ESTJ can accomplish that.

    Gore was not the implementor, he was the big picture strategist. His minions came up with the practical way to carry out his idea of a global warming campaign, not him. Don't know anything about Obama, but Hillary appears to be an INTJ. She is more Intuitive than Gore, as Introverted Intuition is her dominant function.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Gore was not the implementor, he was the big picture strategist. His minions came up with the practical way to carry out his idea of a global warming campaign, not him. Don't know anything about Obama, but Hillary appears to be an INTJ. She is more Intuitive than Gore, as Introverted Intuition is her dominant function.
    Oh come on BW, Gore's been giving that global warming speech since he was an undergraduate. If he hired his right hand man to think up a filmic strategy to distribute to Hollywood, then how does that change his big picture status? He knew what he was doing all along, and he got his right hand man implement the strategy. It's ESTJ thinking at its best.

    And ENTJ would've come up with her own strategy, whether it was popular or not, she would've wanted to implement it herself.

  6. #26
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    He came up with the mere idea pertaining to the global warming campaign. That is still big picture thinking as what he came up with is the idea that it is desirable to do something about global warming on the theoretical level as this would be of high utility. Environmental concerns have been consistently present in the scopes of thought of scientists and philosophers throughout history. He did not carry through with the logistics of setting up a campaign or with plans on how this is to be done. That is all the work of his assistants. It is the latter that pertains most to the SJ thinking which Gore had none of.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    He came up with the mere idea pertaining to the global warming campaign. That is still big picture thinking as what he came up with is the idea that it is desirable to do something about global warming on the theoretical level as this would be of high utility. He did not carry through with the logistics of setting up a campaign or with plans on how this is to be done. That is all the work of his assistants. It is the latter that pertains most to the SJ thinking which Gore had none of.
    I can't imagine Gore having a lack of SJ thinking- in fact, I think he probably motivates others to become more SJ. It\s only natural if he has his minions do his work for him, I mean, what are personal assistants and secretaries for?

    Come on BW, Gore is practically minded- he likes instant results, which makes him more respected. Hillary Clinton is more future-oriented, in which most of her plans will be implemented 5-10 years from now. For Gore, it's NOW, that is most important, and to me that is representative of an ESTJ type of thinking, and you know what? We can't function in society without them They get things done.

  8. #28
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
    I can't imagine Gore having a lack of SJ thinking- in fact, I think he probably motivates others to become more SJ. It\s only natural if he has his minions do his work for him, I mean, what are personal assistants and secretaries for?

    Come on BW, Gore is practically minded- he likes instant results, which makes him more respected. Hillary Clinton is more future-oriented, in which most of her plans will be implemented 5-10 years from now. For Gore, it's NOW, that is most important, and to me that is representative of an ESTJ type of thinking, and you know what? We can't function in society without them They get things done.

    I do not see how Gore is present oriented as opposed to future oriented. Seems like he merely propounds plans and then follows through on the advice of his SJ assistants on how to carry them out because he himself does not know any better when it comes to activities like this.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I do not see how Gore is present oriented as opposed to future oriented. Seems like he merely propounds plans and then follows through on the advice of his SJ assistants on how to carry them out because he himself does not know any better when it comes to activities like this.
    I don't think you give him enough credit. I think he trusts certain people-but he would never make decision overriding his own authority.

    ESTJ.

    He's more attached to the now- than the future. I would think if he were an ENTJ- he would think- OK, you have no experience, but I believe in you.

  10. #30
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
    I don't think you give him enough credit. I think he trusts certain people-but he would never make decision overriding his own authority..
    On what grounds do you maintain that Gore is more easily persuaded by the mere status of authority as opposed to sound reasoning?


    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
    He's more attached to the now- than the future..
    On what grounds?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
    I would think if he were an ENTJ- he would think- OK, you have no experience, but I believe in you.
    Again, what reason do we have to think that he is a more experience, as well as a status oriented thinker than a reason-oriented, much like an SJ would be. You continue to claim that he has all of these SJ characteristics, yet provide no explanation for why you claim the notions that you do.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. No Type
    By paulwhy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
  2. Bruce Wayne and Ra's Al Ghul Typing
    By yeghor in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 06:13 PM
  3. Al Gore
    By trancemode in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 08:51 PM
  4. climategate and al gore's silence
    By r.a in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO