User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Al Gore's type

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I've always typed him as INTP regardless of what the "type" pages say. He is obviously very intelligent and quite a deliberate and dominant thinker. At the same time his delivery is so dry that I can only imagine him as INTP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

What is Al Gore's type? - INTP Central

INTP.

He is abstract.

He is clearly internally focused and appears to be a precise thinker. Also seems that the intellect preceeds intuition for him, therefore more likely to be a Ti-Ne rather than Ni-Te. We could tell that Thinking is his dominant function because of his ability to communicate his thoughts directly and clearly without first processing external information thoroughly. More likely an Introverted Thinker than an Extroverted Thinker because his communication style is more informative rather than directive. And by his nature he seems to be inclined more towards contemplation rather than action. Whatever actions he seems to engage in is an entailment of his thinking, and almost all of it seems to be very carefully thought out.

He resembles an NP with his presentation style. Unlike a J he seems very fluid and likely would be successful at impromptu presentations.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    What is Al Gore's type? - INTP Central

INTP.

He is abstract.

He is clearly internally focused and appears to be a precise thinker. Also seems that the intellect preceeds intuition for him, therefore more likely to be a Ti-Ne rather than Ni-Te. We could tell that Thinking is his dominant function because of his ability to communicate his thoughts directly and clearly without first processing external information thoroughly. More likely an Introverted Thinker than an Extroverted Thinker because his communication style is more informative rather than directive. And by his nature he seems to be inclined more towards contemplation rather than action. Whatever actions he seems to engage in is an entailment of his thinking, and almost all of it seems to be very carefully thought out.

He resembles an NP with his presentation style. Unlike a J he seems very fluid and likely would be successful at impromptu presentations.
    Are you sure? He didn't seem intelligent or abstract. I still think ISTx, but I don't see any N. He just seemed focused on reiterating typical perspectives on various issues, if I recall correctly. I remember most his lack of imagination and originality. Do you really relate to him that much?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

The reason to think that he is Intuitive is because he is able to understand mutliple perspectives quickly and easily as well as interact with them. Such a quality is closest in tune with Extroverted Intuition.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The reason to think that he is Intuitive is because he is able to understand mutliple perspectives quickly and easily as well as interact with them. Such a quality is closest in tune with Extroverted Intuition.
    It's just that he doesn't seem quite as intelligent or to have put as much thought into things as most of the other INTP's I've encountered on these forums... he seems to have a social bent, worried about people's well-being. I wonder, if you're going to go this route... could he be an INFP? He was kind of sensitive about losing the election, and had trouble accepting it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    Now that Al Gore has won the Nobel prize, I just watched "An Inconvenient Truth" again, and it got me thinking. On the net, Gore is usually typed as ENTJ, but when you watch the movie, he comes across softer and more committed to his cause than you would expect from an ENTJ. So, maybe ENFJ might be another option - especially if you think of the rhethorical style (the benevolent pedagogue).

What do you think ?
    Fucking brilliant man. I think he's definitely an ESTJ!

*GASP!*

YES!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    It's just that he doesn't seem quite as intelligent or to have put as much thought into things as most of the other INTP's I've encountered on these forums... he seems to have a social bent, worried about people's well-being. I wonder, if you're going to go this route... could he be an INFP? He was kind of sensitive about losing the election, and had trouble accepting it.
    As a politician, he is not in the position to share his most abstract thoughts with the general audience. However, he did show many tendencies towards being naturally at ease with such activities. His sensitivity was exaggerated by the Media and his own self-presentation as it was clear that this would make him seem more charismatic. As well as it also is the case that in his age, the forties is when INTPs focus on their inferior function. Acting 'sensitively' was not an end in itself for him as it would have been for a Feeler, but he rather used that to further his impersonal goals. We notice that this has served him well as he has succeeded in his global warming campaign.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
    Fucking brilliant man. I think he's definitely an ESTJ!

*GASP!*

YES!
    Show some more thought! This is a serious matter.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

We notice that this has served him well as he has succeeded in his global warming campaign.
    But isn't being concerned about global warming a Feeling perspective? I mean, it seems to be based on a concern/compassion for human life. That isn't very impersonal. Also, since he doesn't care how it makes him look (An Inconvenient truth, the inconvenience of which apparently doesn't bother him), that hints that it's Fi > Fe... so that still means INFP or ISTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Show some more thought! This is a serious matter.
    I was being serious. The man knows what he's doing. I don't think he's an N however because he tends to be very practically minded and more effective in terms of strategy. N/s tend to less organized and absent-minded. Not Gore