• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shakespearean Characters

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
There's been a lot of debate over Shakespeare's type and a lot of obsessing over his work on this forum. But has anyone bothered trying to type his characters? I mean, I haven't read enough Shakespeare to contribute myself.... I was just wondering.

Forgive me if this thread already exists.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Really, guys? No Shakespeare readers? Fine, I will try to start.
Macbeth - ESFJ
Lady Macbeth - INTJ
GO! CHALLENGE THIS!

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Caliban - iSTP
Prospero - INFJ
Gonzalo - ENFJ
Stephano - EStP
Miranda - ISFJ

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Shakespeare was a thief. So was Stoppard. Who had the best steal.

Stoppard.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shakespeare was a thief. So was Stoppard. Who had the best steal.

Stoppard.

Maybe Tim Roth's character was INTJ, but I think Gary Oldman's character was INFP. (I can never remember which one is actually R or G.)

But enough about Stoppard.

Last edited:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
The subject is Shakespeare's characters. Shakespeare is therefore incidental. As is Stoppard... ;)

No. Oldman plays an INTJ.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
It's been a long time since I've read any Shakespeare, so these are all super tentative ...

Romeo - ESFP
Juliet - ISFP
Mercutio - ENTP
Tybalt - ESTP

Hamlet - INFP
Claudius - ENTJ
Gertrude - ISFJ
Laertes - ESTP
Ophelia - IsFJ

Puck - ENTP

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Laertes = ESFP. "To thine own self be true" is a concept wholly unfamiliar to ExTPs, particularly ESTPs, given Se and Fe.

Just watched Merchant of Venice for class, so here's my go:

Antonio: INFJ
Bassanio: ENFP
Portia: ENTP
Nerissa: INTP
Lorenzo: ESTP
Shylock: ISFJ
Jessica: ENTJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mercutio= ENTP

Hamlet= INFP?
Othello= ISTJ?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Wow! Can you explain this one?

Yup. His entire motivation is the lifetime of shit that he's received for being Jewish. That his contract be honored is more a combination of Si (it is right that contracts be enforced) and Fe (you have treated me wrongly my entire life, so I will do the same to you). Also, his anguish at losing his daughter, along with the callousness of her selling the ring, wouldn't have arisen so emphatically from a Te user (who would have gone after her)