Thread: entp writers

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default entp writers

ok i'm thinking that

walt whitman, charles baudelaire, oscar wilde, henry miller, arthur rimbaud feel like entps to me. and shakespeare, lewis carroll, montaigne, truman capote, etc.

i have this feeling that entps are my alter ego.

i project the same for marquis de sade, jean genet, and other strange creatures of the night.

i think the philosophers gilles deleuze and henri bergson are entp too. zizek, hume, voltaire. and most comedians and people who play the trickster archetype. the hunter s thompsons, the fellinis, the tarantinos, les claypool, etc. thurston moore of sonic youth and probably richard hell (the most interesting person out of the new york punk scene).

i'm wondering about ginsberg now too. and wondering about ken kesey too. tom robbins seems very entp to me in retrospect.

MBTI
    ENTP

Hi

I struggle with the whole is an E type when writting, so many are I types by nature....

Alan Fletcher (The Art of Looking Sideways) is almost certainly one
    Malcom Gladwell (Tipping point, Blink, Outliers) I would think is also fairly obviously one

Dan Gardner (Risk) he may be a J type... He is certainly a rational....

I'm pretty sure Keirsey is an I type, there is something in his book about him meeting other rationalist for the first time he was at Uni - he is an NT

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I assumed Baudelaire was ISTP, as well as Hunter Thompson *BUT*...

D. H. Lawrence and Lord Byron for sure. I have a desperate attraction to both that defies reason.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

If you see the series 'Castle' the main character is an ENTP writer.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

most famos entp writer ever:

tfa on deviantART

All stories are over 5 years old but you get famous only after your death
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    ok i'm thinking that

walt whitman, charles baudelaire, oscar wilde, henry miller, arthur rimbaud feel like entps to me. and shakespeare, lewis carroll, montaigne, truman capote, etc.

i have this feeling that entps are my alter ego.

i project the same for marquis de sade, jean genet, and other strange creatures of the night.

i think the philosophers gilles deleuze and henri bergson are entp too. zizek, hume, voltaire. and most comedians and people who play the trickster archetype. the hunter s thompsons, the fellinis, the tarantinos, les claypool, etc. thurston moore of sonic youth and probably richard hell (the most interesting person out of the new york punk scene).

i'm wondering about ginsberg now too. and wondering about ken kesey too. tom robbins seems very entp to me in retrospect.
    I thought INFP for Walt Whitman and Ginsberg. Can you explain why they are ENTPs please?

Montaigne, Baudelaire, Rimbaud I dunno. Can you explain them too please?

Voltaire, Carrol, Capote, Hunter S Thompson, Wilde, Tarantino most definitely, probably Miller and Kesey too.

Hume I always thought of as ISTJ.

De Sade probably ENTP.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I assumed Baudelaire was ISTP, as well as Hunter Thompson *BUT*...

D. H. Lawrence and Lord Byron for sure. I have a desperate attraction to both that defies reason.
    Hunter S Thompson is definitely ENTP. I agree with Byron, but isn't Lawrence an ENFP?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I thought INFP for Walt Whitman and Ginsberg. Can you explain why they are ENTPs please?

Montaigne, Baudelaire, Rimbaud I dunno. Can you explain them too please?

Voltaire, Carrol, Capote, Hunter S Thompson, Wilde, Tarantino most definitely, probably Miller and Kesey too.

Hume I always thought of as ISTJ.

De Sade probably ENTP.
    whitman is entp 4w3. he's my foundation. i'm in a whitman dickinson poetry class. entp 4w3 whitman (expansive) and infj 4w5 dickinson (microscopic). he seems like he is plotting out his path like a classic entp. total acceptance. pure perception, less judgment. no infp could do that.

baudelaire and rimbaud just have the feel. montaigne seems like the most sure thing, rimbaud has a very similar writing style but he is by far the least certain for me. baudelaire has teh subversive bent, the sneakiness, the total openness to good and evil, transcending them thru a new discourse. hume is entp all the way. he could mix it up with the best of them.

my entp advisor loved montaigne. goddamned rhetoricians, so smooth and cunning. so on the sly.

ginsberg i'm still up for debate. he was most influenced by whitman and blake. he seems all Ne expansiveness, but holding the fervor and fire of a blake. he could be infp, but i am speculating entp to see where it takes us. he is so active and so around and so the face of things, he seems extraverted. kerouac contrasting ginsberg, it's very difficult to see them as similar at all. ginsberg vs cassady as entp vs enfp makes more sense. much more get-things-going energy than behind-the-scenes. and crazy entp theories about the world.

entps are fucking awesome at this "caressing all that moves" thing, world in motion, flux, capturing movement (bc of Ne).

it (entp writing) feels like my alter ego, tho my natural infj way is the opposite, distilling down to its essence, removing the layers and veils until perfect clarity remains, etc.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i bet most of these writers were enneagram 4s, however. not all enneagram 4 types are infps. but enneagram 4 types are the miners of the soul/the self. and bring a universality to man from his most inward life.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I don't gravitate toward Fi. I'll put $10 on Lawrence being ENTP.

Wow, didn't even consider de Sade (shudder).
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

pink, i don't know dh well, but i feel that most of my people do have a gravitation to lawrence that is neither syrupy nor sappy. his ideas, contextualizations, discourse, etc. which is different than the personal values of an inp. i'm interested in hearing more.