• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

entp writers

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ok i'm thinking that

walt whitman, charles baudelaire, oscar wilde, henry miller, arthur rimbaud feel like entps to me. and shakespeare, lewis carroll, montaigne, truman capote, etc.

i have this feeling that entps are my alter ego.

i project the same for marquis de sade, jean genet, and other strange creatures of the night.

i think the philosophers gilles deleuze and henri bergson are entp too. zizek, hume, voltaire. and most comedians and people who play the trickster archetype. the hunter s thompsons, the fellinis, the tarantinos, les claypool, etc. thurston moore of sonic youth and probably richard hell (the most interesting person out of the new york punk scene).

i'm wondering about ginsberg now too. and wondering about ken kesey too. tom robbins seems very entp to me in retrospect.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

I struggle with the whole is an E type when writting, so many are I types by nature....

Alan Fletcher (The Art of Looking Sideways) is almost certainly one
Malcom Gladwell (Tipping point, Blink, Outliers) I would think is also fairly obviously one

Dan Gardner (Risk) he may be a J type... He is certainly a rational....

I'm pretty sure Keirsey is an I type, there is something in his book about him meeting other rationalist for the first time he was at Uni - he is an NT

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I assumed Baudelaire was ISTP, as well as Hunter Thompson *BUT*...

D. H. Lawrence and Lord Byron for sure. I have a desperate attraction to both that defies reason.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you see the series 'Castle' the main character is an ENTP writer.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
most famos entp writer ever:

tfa on deviantART

All stories are over 5 years old but you get famous only after your death :D

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ok i'm thinking that

walt whitman, charles baudelaire, oscar wilde, henry miller, arthur rimbaud feel like entps to me. and shakespeare, lewis carroll, montaigne, truman capote, etc.

i have this feeling that entps are my alter ego.

i project the same for marquis de sade, jean genet, and other strange creatures of the night.

i think the philosophers gilles deleuze and henri bergson are entp too. zizek, hume, voltaire. and most comedians and people who play the trickster archetype. the hunter s thompsons, the fellinis, the tarantinos, les claypool, etc. thurston moore of sonic youth and probably richard hell (the most interesting person out of the new york punk scene).

i'm wondering about ginsberg now too. and wondering about ken kesey too. tom robbins seems very entp to me in retrospect.

I thought INFP for Walt Whitman and Ginsberg. Can you explain why they are ENTPs please?

Montaigne, Baudelaire, Rimbaud I dunno. Can you explain them too please?

Voltaire, Carrol, Capote, Hunter S Thompson, Wilde, Tarantino most definitely, probably Miller and Kesey too.

Hume I always thought of as ISTJ.

De Sade probably ENTP.

I assumed Baudelaire was ISTP, as well as Hunter Thompson *BUT*...

D. H. Lawrence and Lord Byron for sure. I have a desperate attraction to both that defies reason.

Hunter S Thompson is definitely ENTP. I agree with Byron, but isn't Lawrence an ENFP?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought INFP for Walt Whitman and Ginsberg. Can you explain why they are ENTPs please?

Montaigne, Baudelaire, Rimbaud I dunno. Can you explain them too please?

Voltaire, Carrol, Capote, Hunter S Thompson, Wilde, Tarantino most definitely, probably Miller and Kesey too.

Hume I always thought of as ISTJ.

De Sade probably ENTP.

whitman is entp 4w3. he's my foundation. i'm in a whitman dickinson poetry class. entp 4w3 whitman (expansive) and infj 4w5 dickinson (microscopic). he seems like he is plotting out his path like a classic entp. total acceptance. pure perception, less judgment. no infp could do that.

baudelaire and rimbaud just have the feel. montaigne seems like the most sure thing, rimbaud has a very similar writing style but he is by far the least certain for me. baudelaire has teh subversive bent, the sneakiness, the total openness to good and evil, transcending them thru a new discourse. hume is entp all the way. he could mix it up with the best of them.

my entp advisor loved montaigne. goddamned rhetoricians, so smooth and cunning. so on the sly.

ginsberg i'm still up for debate. he was most influenced by whitman and blake. he seems all Ne expansiveness, but holding the fervor and fire of a blake. he could be infp, but i am speculating entp to see where it takes us. he is so active and so around and so the face of things, he seems extraverted. kerouac contrasting ginsberg, it's very difficult to see them as similar at all. ginsberg vs cassady as entp vs enfp makes more sense. much more get-things-going energy than behind-the-scenes. and crazy entp theories about the world.

entps are fucking awesome at this "caressing all that moves" thing, world in motion, flux, capturing movement (bc of Ne).

it (entp writing) feels like my alter ego, tho my natural infj way is the opposite, distilling down to its essence, removing the layers and veils until perfect clarity remains, etc.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i bet most of these writers were enneagram 4s, however. not all enneagram 4 types are infps. but enneagram 4 types are the miners of the soul/the self. and bring a universality to man from his most inward life.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't gravitate toward Fi. I'll put $10 on Lawrence being ENTP.

Wow, didn't even consider de Sade (shudder).

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pink, i don't know dh well, but i feel that most of my people do have a gravitation to lawrence that is neither syrupy nor sappy. his ideas, contextualizations, discourse, etc. which is different than the personal values of an inp. i'm interested in hearing more.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I won't get into an argument as to Shakespeare's type, as every xNxx tries to claim him as their own type

State, was it you who originally suggested Tom Robbins as an ENFP?

(Also if you're alter ego is ENTP writers, should mine be ENTJ writers? From those ENTJs I know of:

Jack London
George Bernard Shaw
Carl Sagan
Frank Herbert
Daniel Defoe

I can't say it applies to me particularly.)

I like/enjoy ENTP writers, but I'm not wild about them.

Some other ENTP writers, up for debate obviously, but I think they are:

Thomas More
Douglas Adams
Hilaire Belloc
Ray Bradbury
Roald Dahl
Jules Verne

ENTP writers seem to get much enjoyment from rattling a few cages and causing disruption to the status quo if I'm seeing a trend among them. They tend to be immoral by their society's standards.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
pink, i don't know dh well, but i feel that most of my people do have a gravitation to lawrence that is neither syrupy nor sappy. his ideas, contextualizations, discourse, etc. which is different than the personal values of an inp. i'm interested in hearing more.

When I was sick, very sick, and couldn't move much, I did a lot of reading, mostly Victorian English writers (because that was what was at hand). I had not read much of Lawrence, but after reading "The Horse Dealer's Daughter" and "Love on the Farm" I fell violently in love with him. Sensual, very subtle, empathic and intelligent.

The man in "love" has just killed a rabbit in a snare and has come home to his wife who is enraptured by his nearness, the smell of the fur, his hand in her hair (like the caught rabbit), his touch at her neck, his kiss.

God, I am caught in a snare!
I know not what fine wire is round my throat;
I only know I let him finger there
My pulse of life, and let him nose like a stoat
Who sniffs with joy before he drinks the blood.

And down his mouth comes to my mouth! and down
His bright dark eyes come over me, like a hood
Upon my mind! his lips meet mine, and a flood
Of sweet fire sweeps across me, so I drown
Against him, die, and find death good.

I also found myself drawn in by Byron's better angels (and some of his demons) in the same manner, though he and I argue over his motivations still. A deep kiss and a kick to the shin.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTP writers seem to get much enjoyment from rattling a few cages and causing disruption to the status quo if I'm seeing a trend among them. They tend to be immoral by their society's standards.

It could be you see ENTP writers this way and subsequently don't recognize the ones who don't fit this mold as ENTPs.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Shakespeare was NOT an ENTP. That's crazy talk.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

Weirdly, and I say weirdly because I suspect most of the writters mentioned here are Introverts - given writing is a particularly solitary pursuit....

Shakespear was a bit of a hell raiser and a bit of a chancer.... ENxP isn't a bad fit....

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pink, it does sound like it could be entp to me. bombast and bigness is often more of an Fe thing than Fi. the context is what makes us grow. gives us something to hold on to and really resonate for a while (so now i know you love dh lawrence and the clash :)).

i find that entp writers are better with discourse. merging it, transcending it, playing with it. they can be trickstery, they can be self-absorbed narcissists, they can be imaginative fantasy weavers, they can be comic boxers. they are inventive always, and good at finding ways of bridging new gaps, seeing possibilities, logically breaking down systems, finding falseness, etc. they work the context of values to create drama, comedy, conflict, jestering, etc.

there often is a subversive tone underneath. i fucking love it. desire to pave the way to something new, freshly synthesized AND stylized, a radical break, etc.

dynamite, i did suggest that tom robbins was enfp. my landmarks shifted and entp makes more sense to me, tho what do we know? he fucking loves henry miller, and his speeches within the novels feel more entp to me. joseph campbell, on the other hand, seems like a more by the heart kind of guy.

shakespeare seems more Fe to me than Fi. but i could be wrong. i'm gonna take a shakespeare class next semester. seems all about context, story, drama- less about developing personal values. and this is NOT me claiming him as my type- i may do that for rilke, but i'm sure as shit no bill shakespeare. i don't even read him.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

very possibly. but that's where i lean.

i read a few shakespeare plays back in hs. didn't work for me. too rhetorical for me, not enough Fi. i think infps think he's infp bc they supply the feeling when they read him. for me he was more about ideas and contexts that ultimately felt a bit too divorced from anything that hit close to home.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
And the most important entp writer of all time you just ignore ?

I am gravely disappoint -.-