• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inglourious Basterds

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Not to derail..but until tonight, I was convinced it was spelled Bastards, and not Basterds. But I looked it up, and you're right. LOL.

I can't wait to see this flick. I doubt I'll see it in theaters..I may or may not accidentally stumble onto some free download of it between now and its release date. But you didn't hear that :)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Not to derail..but until tonight, I was convinced it was spelled Bastards, and not Basterds. But I looked it up, and you're right. LOL.

Actually, it's also "Inglourious" Not "Inglorious", but I'll forgive BC.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Actually, it's also "Inglourious" Not "Inglorious", but I'll forgive BC.

I caught that, too, when I looked it up to find the spelling of Basterd.

But I didn't want to sound rude, so I didn't say anything.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh just to make sure, I was joshing you.

I'm going to see it this weekend so I have no clue. I'll be on look out for all those crazy ENFJs.
If you go to Jerusalem, remember to search under the cars. I did. I found a friend under a pickup. I put him in my pocket.
Then I went to Yad Vashem. It was like a shrine. They did not have a pic of Wolfie on the wall. But they did have a collection of his creations.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
My husband went to see this movie and rather enjoyed. He wrote a great review about it that you can read here -

"Inglourious Basterds": More Than Just a Headache for Spell Check - Associated Content

Check it out! :cheese:

"Quentin Tarantino has knack for taking terse moments and playing them for all they are worth... and then some. You can expect the same level of masterful tension throughout Inglourious Basterds."
:yes:

Tarantino did an amazing job with suspense in a few scenes, really stellar stuff (the scene with Shoshana and Zoller in the projection room absolutely killed me, and of course many of Landa's scenes). Then there were places where he kind of...kept going...and going...and going with it. He was definitely flexing his suspense muscles, and it was interesting to see.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
(the scene with Shoshana and Zoller in the projection room absolutely killed me, and of course many of Landa's scenes). Then there were places where he kind of...kept going...and going...and going with it. He was definitely flexing his suspense muscles, and it was interesting to see.

Yeah, that was a good scene. I also liked the one with Shosanna and Landa in the restaurant (eating the strudel). And basically all Landa's scenes.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
So I uhh...went to the theater and watched it again.

I'm still a bit torn on Landa's type, but I have verified that Inglourious Basterds is one of my new favorite films.

:D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
^^Just saw it again as well.

BTW, are you guys sure Shosanna is INFP? She's just so...cold.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There is something compelling about this film and is a must see film for the year, it is refreshing to see a film with a good script and dialogue and action along with the dark sense of humour only Tarantino can deliver.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
^^Just saw it again as well.

BTW, are you guys sure Shosanna is INFP? She's just so...cold.

I think Fi is a possibility. Fi expressing itself can be extremely frigid, conscious disdain; where Ti is more often expressed as an empty, indifferent void that is perceived as cold. I changed my original post to switch around Shosanna and Von Hammersmark's types, because I think you are right about the actress exhibiting more Fe. But I could definitely see Ti for Shosanna too, I'm reminded of her blatant disregard for being continuously hit on, however is that a general dislike of courting or was it because she in good conscience could not stand to be any more accepting of German Officers than she possibly had to, considering what they had done to her family? Anyways, I'm inclined to generally think ISxP for her, leaning towards F.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi under extreme circumstances can be incredibly ice cold and vindictive..it's the other side of the coin basically. I can see INFP for Shoshanna...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think Fi is a possibility. Fi expressing itself can be extremely frigid, conscious disdain; where Ti is more often expressed as an empty, indifferent void that is perceived as cold. I changed my original post to switch around Shosanna and Von Hammersmark's types, because I think you are right about the actress exhibiting more Fe. But I could definitely see Ti for Shosanna too, I'm reminded of her blatant disregard for being continuously hit on, however is that a general dislike of courting or was it because she in good conscience could not stand to be any more accepting of German Officers than she possibly had to, considering what they had done to her family? Anyways, I'm inclined to generally think ISxP for her, leaning towards F.

Fi under extreme circumstances can be incredibly ice cold and vindictive..it's the other side of the coin basically. I can see INFP for Shoshanna...

Yeah, that's true. She's deliberately cold towards Zoller and the rest of the Germans because of her personal history. Otherwise she's quietly affectionate (such as towards Marcel), which seems more Fi. Also, she had that moment of tenderness towards Zoller at the end that got her killed. A true "T" character in a Tarantino film would have had no thoughts about offing him (O-Ren Ishii, The Bride, etc).

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, that's true. She's deliberately cold towards Zoller and the rest of the Germans because of her personal history. Otherwise she's quietly affectionate (such as towards Marcel), which seems more Fi. Also, she had that moment of tenderness towards Zoller at the end that got her killed. A true "T" character in a Tarantino film would have had no thoughts about offing him (O-Ren Ishii, The Bride, etc).

Yep, forgot about that part. When she approached him after she shot him, I was thinking "No you idiot! Make sure he's dead!" And then BLAM BLAM. So, ISFP it looks like.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
And about von Hammersmark, I've been thinking about it, and wouldn't she be more of an SP? She seems like the archetype of the performer (ESFP, ESTP), not a quiet ISFJ. And the part when the veterinarian was "pulling the slug out her gam" showed her to be quite calm and capable of persuasion under great stress. Not sure what that says, but I'm thinking that it's pointing away from ISFJ. She didn't seem sensitive at all like you'd think an ISFJ would be, she seemed purely manipulative.

As for Landa (and this is unrelated to what you were saying in your recent posts, Jock), I am almost sure he's not an Fe dom. Way, way too Te for that. He's an inspector for chrissakes!

Edit: Yeah, I thought that as well!