User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    And about von Hammersmark, I've been thinking about it, and wouldn't she be more of an SP? She seems like the archetype of the performer (ESFP, ESTP), not a quiet ISFJ. And the part when the veterinarian was "pulling the slug out her gam" showed her to be quite calm and capable of persuasion under great stress. Not sure what that says, but I'm thinking that it's pointing away from ISFJ. She didn't seem sensitive at all like you'd think an ISFJ would be, she seemed purely manipulative.

As for Landa (and this is unrelated to what you were saying in your recent posts, Jock), I am almost sure he's not an Fe dom. Way, way too Te for that. He's an inspector for chrissakes!
    I can see a performer role for her too. Originally had ISFP but you mentioned Fe and I could see it. She seemed wonderful socially, and simply magnetic to those around her and made everyone feel very welcomed, etc, however it could have been her act. You are correct that when she was not "performing" her demeanor was very different, but I didn't see anything terribly specific other than just being frustrated and in pain.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I can see a performer role for her too. Originally had ISFP but you mentioned Fe and I could see it. She seemed wonderful socially, and simply magnetic to those around her and made everyone feel very welcomed, etc, however it could have been her act. You are correct that when she was not "performing" her demeanor was very different, but I didn't see anything terribly specific other than just being frustrated and in pain.
    I meant that the fact that she was able to maintain cognitive control under stressful conditions instead of becoming hysterical says something about her personality. What it says, I don't know. But you're right, we have very, very little information to go off of.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Aldo Raine "Aldo the Apache"- ESTJ
    Donny Donowitz "The Bear Jew"- ESFP
    Hugo Stiglitz- ISTJ
    Corporal Wilhelm Wicki- ISF_
    Smithson Utivich "The Little Man"- ISF_
    Shosanna Dreyfus- INFP
    Marcel- ISTJ
    Bridget von Hammersmark- ENFJ?
    Hans Landa "The Jew Hunter"- ENFJ
    Fredrick Zoller- INFJ?

Anyways I loved this movie. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. What do you guys think?
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I think Tarantino definately has some talent - but being an ENTP cokehead, his films' writing can be half assed and bipolar.
    Quentin Tarantino is an ESTP by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Quentin Tarantino is an ESTP by the way.
    He's a physically clumsy, nerdy motormouth with an encyclopedic knowledge of film; if he's anything, he is not an Se. If you want some examples of a dominant Se type, look at people like Mickey Rourke or Mark Wahlberg.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Seriously, have you seen the way Tarantino dresses...?

Pure NT.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Aldo Raine "Aldo the Apache"- ESTJ
    Donny Donowitz "The Bear Jew"- ESFP
    Hugo Stiglitz- ISTJ
    Corporal Wilhelm Wicki- ISF_
    Smithson Utivich "The Little Man"- ISF_
    Shosanna Dreyfus- INFP
    Marcel- ISTJ
    Bridget von Hammersmark- ENFJ?
    Hans Landa "The Jew Hunter"- ENFJ
    Fredrick Zoller- INFJ?

Anyways I loved this movie. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. What do you guys think?
    aldo - estp
    stiglitz - istj
    the bear - esfp
    little man - isfj
    shosanna - intj (considering isfp- they have the same functions)
    bridget - enfj
    jew hunter - entj
    zoller - esfj

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    He's a physically clumsy, nerdy motormouth with an encyclopedic knowledge of film; if he's anything, he is not an Se.
    Right, now we're just using stereotypes, not looking at what the functions do, or the variant of sensors. Physical clumsiness is one of the least critical factors of typing, and a gut dismissal of mine to assume it an important directive factor.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    If you want some examples of a dominant Se type, look at people like Mickey Rourke or Mark Wahlberg.
    Wahlberg is an introvert.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Seriously, have you seen the way Tarantino dresses...?

Pure NT.
    This is even less type-related than anything.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

This is even less type-related than anything.
    ...Sorry, I didn't realize you were absent the day we learned about "humor".
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Right, now we're just using stereotypes, not looking at what the functions do, or the variant of sensors. Physical clumsiness is one of the least critical factors of typing, and a gut dismissal of mine to assume it an important directive factor.
    A physically clumsy dominant-Se? Sir, they just don't exist. But hey, you're the one who said he's ESTP without backing it up, so don't go blaming me for dismissing what you think when you did it first without even offering a rationale. And it's ok to talk about stereotypes when the person we're talking about embodies that stereotype (and certainly when we're discussing that person within the confines of a system that describes and categorises people based on those stereotypical characteristics).

Besides, the encyclopedic knowledge of pointless film trivia points to Si rather than Se imo. And regardless, just watch an interview with him, the dude simply can't stop jumping from one idea to another (and he also seems pre-occupied with his "genius", whereas an ESTP would be more likely to care how he looks and how he makes a physical impact on other people).

There are only three things I can think of that might point him toward being a dominant-Se; every now and then he speaks very loudly (sometimes too loudly, which is indicative that he isn't that physically aware), he's a show-off (which can easily just be tertiary Fe) and that he hangs out with a few Sensors (Eli Roth, Robert Rodriguez etc.).

deleted

I would just never assume him to be Ne, and I really dislike your stereotypes about Se types and how you make weak and relatively incorrect correlations. You're giving too much credit to a few details especially and not really seeing him in the spectrum of this personality system, and how functions are traditionally defined. Compare and contrast his speech and temperament to Michael Moore, in this field of film direction. That is a clear comparative example of ESTP vs ENTP. You can also compare him to Jim Carrey, who is also an ESTP, and who is a professional comedian/actor known for his crazy goofiness. As an ESTP performer, one will certainly be known more for sensory or physically involving forms of entertainment, that do not disclude one from partaking in any sort of conceptual reference or philosophy. However you can still grasp the big picture of Se and the ESTP type from these comparisons, that which I feel you should refine.
    Last edited by 527468; 09-10-2009 at 05:04 PM.