• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pushing Daisies MBTI

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
OK, what types do you think the characters are? I personally loved the show and I liked the exaggerated characters. I'm wondering if that will make them at all easier to type.

I posted this elsewhere but it might have been in the wrong forum as I only got one response.

I think Ned is INFP

What about:
Chuck
Charles Charles
Olive Snook
Emerson Cod
Aunt Lily
Aunt Vivian
Randy Mann

What do you think?

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think Ned is INFP too. I think maybe Chuck is ENFP or ESFP?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And what am I, chopped liver?

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I just discovered this show and have been watching it obsessively, I'm nearly done. I love it.

Emerson: ESTJ

He's my favorite.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I Love this show, and I hate that it was cancelled.

Emerson is hilarious - a bit caustic at times. I'd agree that he is an ESTJ.

I get the sense that Ned is an INFP and Chuck is an ISFJ... but I could be wrong. & that blonde chick is ESFJ.

:thinking:

Who were the other characters?

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Olive is interesting. She might run on being in "love" with Ned but I feel like she's a T. There was one episode where Chuck was trying to open up emotionally and Olive was like "No, we are not that good friends yet." It wasn't a "I don't like you Chuck" response but an "I don't like other people's emotions" one.

Chuck I think is an ESFP. Reclusive by necessity, but an extravert.

My second favorite character Lily, ISTJ?

But this show is a good reminder of why typing fictional characters is iffy. Every character is on Si overload; it must be the creator's personality sneaking in all over the place. I mean really:
Ned and pie
Chuck and buttons
Ned and magicians
Emerson and rain
Lily and clowns
Chuck and cheese

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
This is what I guessed on another thread:

Ned: INFP
Chuck: ISXP
Emerson: INTX (J, I think)
Olive: ESFJ
Aunt Lily: IXTP
Aunt Vivian: ESFP
Coroner: No clue, but hilarious. ISTP?
Alfredo Aldarisio: ISFP
Jim Dale's narrator: INTP

I could probably rethink a couple of those. Emerson might be ISTJ rather than INTJ, but I definitely think that he's introverted. I can't remember why I typed Chuck as a possible T...perhaps because her projected feeling seems kind of affected, like it comes from logically deciding that she has to make the most of her second chance at life. It makes much more sense to type her as a feeling type, though.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh god can somebody recommend a new show for me now? I've watched all of Pushing Daisies and now I don't know what to do with myself.

tigerlily113

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3?
Watch Wonderfalls! It's also by Bryan Fuller and it's great. It's not sugary like pushing daisies, but it's very quirky.
Dead Like Me is another show by Bryan Fuller and I've heard it's good, but I haven't seen it myself.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
That tigerlily's right!

Wonderfalls is Love.

:wubbie:

tigerlily113

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3?
I think the main character is an INTP too, so you'll probably like it, sofmarhof. :)

tigerlily113

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3?
I posted this on a different thread, but this one seems to be more alive so..

Ned seems like an ISFJ to me. He is much too set in his ways to be a P. He's kind of controlling too. He also seems like more of a guardian than an idealist.

I think that Chuck is an ENFJ. She doesn't like being in seclusion and gets out in the world to talk to people whenever she gets a chance. She also seems idealist-y. I also think she's J, but after having died, she started to develop her P more because she didn't do that in her past life.

At first I thought that Olive was an ESFP, but now I'm not sure if she's J or P. I can't find a lot of evidence that points either way.

Emerson- ENTJ? I always saw him as an extrovert. I'm curious as to why people think he's an I.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Olive - ESFP or ESTP
Emerson- ISTP or ISTJ
Ned - INFJ
Chuck - ENFP
Lily- ISTP or ESTP . She would make a great on artist.
Vivian - INFP
Randy Mann - ISFP

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Yay, Pushing Daisies! :happy2: Here's my guesses:

Ned - ISFJ 6w5 Sp/Sx
Chuck Charles - ENFP 7w6 Sx/Sp?
Emerson Cod - ESTJ (or ISTJ) 6w5 So/Sp
Olive Snook - ESFJ 2w3 Sx/So
Lily Charles - ISTJ 6w5 Sx/Sp?
Vivian Charles - ISFP 9w1 Sx/Sp?