• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you know of these people (it seems lots online don't) help me type them please :)

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
Hi, here's some people i'm trying to type, help appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) Extrovert
Richard Hammond (Top Gear) E_F_?
James May (Top Gear) ISTJ/INTJ?
David Mitchell (Comedian) I_T_?
David Walliams (Comedian)
Simon Amstell (Comedian)

Top Gear Presenters done

Last edited:

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Jeremy Clarkson - ESTx
Richard Hammond - ExFP
James May - IxTJ

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
Jeremy Clarkson - ESTx
Richard Hammond - ExFP
James May - IxTJ

Yeah I agree,
I think what really throws me about James is that when he's scripted in Top Gear, he sometimes comes across as being really OCD and easily irritated, i think they play a part to be honest, here:
YouTube - James May Radio Interview « BBC Top Gear
he's really laid back, very modest and endearing. I'm thinking maybe ISTJ, but not sure.

Jeremy Clarkson ESTP?
Portrait of an ESTP

Richard Hammond ESFP
Portrait of an ESFP

This would kinda explain why James tends to seem like an outsider sometimes because Hammond and Clarkson have more in common type wise, any thoughts?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah I agree,
I think what really throws me about James is that when he's scripted in Top Gear, he sometimes comes across as being really OCD and easily irritated, i think they play a part to be honest, here:
YouTube - James May Radio Interview « BBC Top Gear
he's really laid back, very modest and endearing. I'm thinking maybe ISTJ, but not sure.

Jeremy Clarkson ESTP?
Portrait of an ESTP

Richard Hammond ESFP
Portrait of an ESFP

This would kinda explain why James tends to seem like an outsider sometimes because Hammond and Clarkson have more in common type wise, any thoughts?

no, those would be my guesses as well

:yes:

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
it's ok, 'Top Gear' has gone global whereas the others are just British Comedians, apart from I guess Little Britain USA.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi, here's some people i'm trying to type, help appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) Extrovert
Richard Hammond (Top Gear) E_F_?
James May (Top Gear) ISTJ/INTJ?
David Mitchell (Comedian) I_T_?
David Walliams (Comedian)
Simon Amstell (Comedian)

Top Gear Presenters done

Jeremy Clarkston is clearly an ENT. I think ENTP. Read his books they go on about saying his own opinions all the time and he generally doesn't care what others think. And he has absolutely no dress sense so he can't be an ESTP. I made a thread were me and Sub argued over his type. search it up and you will see reasons why he is not an ESTP.

Richard Hammond i agree is an ESFP.

David Mitchell is such an ENTP its unrea. Just his laid back talkative style. No idea were you got I from he always engages the audiance in the mitchell and webb look live stuff and is out spoken in all his TV stuff. He is so good at one uping people as well.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Jeremy Clarkson ISTP
Richard Hammond ENTP
James May ISTP
David Mitchell ESFP(?)
David Walliams ESTP(?)
Simon Amstell ENTP(?)

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
cheers guys, we'll there's so many takes on this that i'm gonna go and gather some info and get back to you

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Clarkson: ENTP
Hammond: ESFP
May: ISTJ

N from reading Clarkson. ESFP from Hammond's autobiography.

ENTP is interesting for David Mitchell. Although he seems very anal and has OCD, so not J?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

ENTP is interesting for David Mitchell. Although he seems very anal and has OCD, so not J?

well, i'll just agree with this then, wasn't too sure about clarkson as i can't really tell the ETP types apart. Hamster is 100% an f though (directed at sol's post)

cyanidebaby

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w5
Right, I'm back and I come with something which people may find quite boring, so for that, I apologize in advance. I started off with trying to type James May properly, because somehow I feel more drawn to him:huh:

So...I now think May could actually be a ISTP playing ISTJ for television purposes. If you read a lot of descriptions they specifically mention fascination with motorbikes and aeroplanes, which fits him well because he always mentions how he liked bikes before cars, and still tend to prefer them over cars. He also has a pilot's license for the daytime.
If SPs are considered the 'fun-loving' type, then the fact that he has done several shows about classic toys, such as 'James May's Top Toys' and 'James May's Toy Stories' suggests that he has a capacity for fun. He has also recently constructed an entire garden out of plasticine, and is now in the finishing stages of building a full size house from Lego, complete with plumbing and electricity. He does however seem to have some traits associated with OCD so I'm still not discarding ISTJ, but I could do with more feedback before I move on to other people in the list.

Cheers in advance.

ISTP Profile

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP

nah hes way to laid back to be an ENTJ. He almost failed his degree at cambridge because he got too tied up with his drama club footlights. No ENTJ would get to cambridge then almost fail their degree.