User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 55

  1. #21
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Ok, because I'm a masochist I'm going to try to reply again and hope it doesn't get eaten.

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    But you did. I stated that I was sure she was an EFJ and that I would like to closely examine the S/N dimension. I then brought to the table the most NF quote in the interview I linked to order to show that I was aware of it but still would like to seriously discuss the possibility of her being an ESFJ.

    Yes, sorry, I should have done that to begin with. I guess I was just disappointed that proteanmix's attention had apparently been derailed from my interest in the S/N dimension to yours in the P/J.

    I dismissed your argument ("That is something a dominant perceiver would say, rather than a dominant judger") because I don't believe that one can type people from a single quote, so even if the quote was more quintessentially ENFP (or INFJ) than ENFJ, it wouldn't matter to me in the face of so much evidence (as I see it) for EFJ.
    I agree that you can't type someone from a single quote. Curretly I have decided she is ENFP, but I am most open to the J/P axis. (You seem to be indicating that you won't consider her to be a P regardless of evidence presented.) If someone can give several clear reasons why she is a J then I will switch. So far the only thing I see that indicates that she might be a J is this quote:
    It really bothers me when people don't use coasters. Particularly on my table.
    One pet peeve does not make a J though. All P's have pet peeves. I certainly do, and I'm a strong P. Lots of pet peeves would indicate a J though. Could someone spell out a list of traits that clearly show she is a J? So far what I have seen is traits that are neither P or J, and sometimes things that even indicate a P preference.

    Here are some reasons why I see her as an ENFP rather than EFJ. (Note that no one of these things says, "She must be a P", but these are traits that are associated more with P's than with J's.)

    -She is extremely perceptive. This is evidenced because she won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash.
    -She is not hesitant to assert herself to authority figures.
    -She gives her children quite a bit of independence, and has a "hands off" approach to child rearing.
    -She started her own production company. P's are more prone to risk taking behavior such as starting a new business compared to J's.
    -She describes herself as not at all like Tracy Flick from "Election" who is a clear J.
    -She swears during interviews.
    -She has good reactions and chemistry in response to other actors which is easier for a P than for a J.

    Also when it comes to interviews I do not see her as strongly favoring P or J. She is poised without being anal retentive. Although when I think of the people I know who would come off as charming and poised during an interview without being overtly particular about things, they are all ENFP's. Her interview behavior is by no means outside of ENFP behavior range.

    If you want footage of her looking like P, then here is some.
    YouTube - reese witherspoon at MTVMovie

    I haven't seen enough of her movies to get a good idea of her range outside the SJ spectrum. As Blackwater asks, has she ever played any N characters? In Cruel Intentions I believe her character is supposed to be an INFJ* but IMO she comes off as an ISFJ.

    * The movie is based on the novel Dangerous Liaisons in which her character is an INFJ.
    Pleasantville - ENTP, she doesn't like the perfect 50's town so she does some things to shake the town up and get them to change.

    Legally Blonde - an ENFP caricature. She's a flighty genious. She likes to party with the sorority girls, but also has 4.0 GPA, passes the bar exam without much trouble, and comes up with a unique way to win her court case in the end.

    Sweet Home Alabama - ENFP, A successful fashion designer has trouble deciding which man she wants to be with.

    By contrast

    Election - ESTJ, Overachiever Tracy Flick works hard by the "tried and true" methods in order to get elected class president.

    She can portray both N and S characters, which means she is an N. S's do not portray a wide range of personality types. They focus on more concrete and specific elements, rather than more general and abstract elements like personality type.

    Thanks for the tip. I don't recall having seen any of her movies though, so I'm holding out for someone more (currently) famous.
    "Norma Rae" and "Forest Gump" are both good ones. If you are a movie buff like me then both are considered "must see".

    I've researched a lot of actors by now and it's a common claim that they're not at all like their characters. I don't take their word for it, instead I go by my own impression and I do in fact think RW has the 'annoyingly perfect' thing going on. Just watch the longer interview I link to in the OP.
    Well you can't type a character on one quote, but you can't disregard it either. Really what a person says about themself is going to be the best information you can get about them though. No one knows a person as well as they know themself.

    Regarding ENFJ/ESFJ, I'd really like people's comments on the following:
    When watching interviews with her, I don't actually see her 'see through' people the way I normally find that ENFJs do; she doesn't seem to be as naturally in touch with and playing to the responses of the interviewer as definite ENFJ Kate Winslet.
    Both ENFJ and ESFJ are going to get in touch with and respond to their interviewers, because both are Fe dominant. A situation where you might see a difference is when the interviewer has a significantly different background than the ESFJ/ENFJ. The ESFJ would still try to connect, but would have difficulty and become frustrated. The ENFJ, being more open, would have an easier time connecting with someone quite different from themselves. Both would make the attempt though since both are Fe dominant.

    The reason Reese Witherspoon does not try to connect as much with interviewers is that she is Ne dominant. She can "see through" other people just fine, but she is often content to simply observe and not act. Ne is more passive so it can connect with people if the person wants, or it can remain passive, but an Ne dominant will not feel so compelled to connect with the other person. Fe, being a judging function, will make the EFJ want to connect with the other person to a greater extent than say an ENFP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  2. #22
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    -She is extremely perceptive. This is evidenced because she won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash.
    -She is not hesitant to assert herself to authority figures.
    -She gives her children quite a bit of independence, and has a "hands off" approach to child rearing.
    -She started her own production company. P's are more prone to risk taking behavior such as starting a new business compared to J's.
    -She describes herself as not at all like Tracy Flick from "Election" who is a clear J.
    -She swears during interviews.
    -She has good reactions and chemistry in response to other actors which is easier for a P than for a J.
    I'll give a more detailed analysis later on today, but how is any of this something an ENFP is more likely to do/better at than an ENFJ? And not cursing??!! Fuck!

    Even a couple of ENFPs have said that they don't get the ENFP vibe from RW, and while I'm not sure of her S/N, I very definitely get EFJ. Compare her to other ENFPs like Gwen Stefani or Nelly Furtado. Totally different vibe! Look at how RW dresses, very tastefully, a little safe, always classic. Also compare her demeanor to Nicole Kidman, an INFJ. NFJs have all functions in common only switched around. I see more similarity between NK and RW than Gwen Stefani and RW. XNFJ Jiminy made a very astute observation about ENFJs having a steadier emotional output. RW isn't as steam of consciousness as I would expect and ENFP to be among other things I'll pinpoint later.

    Here are my guesses for other ENF actors and compare:
    Sandra Bullock
    Katherine Hiegl
    Kate Hudson (ENFP)
    Kelly Ripa (ENFP)
    Will Smith (ENFP)
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Sarah Jessica Parker

    I have no other evidence than my feeling, and I see more similarities between the three I've listed as ENFPs than the ones I haven't. They're all very congenial and warm, but the emotional vibe they put out is different.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  3. #23
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'll give a more detailed analysis later on today, but how is any of this something an ENFP is more likely to do/better at than an ENFJ? And not cursing??!! Fuck!
    Those are all things you'd see in an ENFP rather than an ENFJ. Maybe we are using different definitions of P and J? Although maybe I'm wrong about swearing. Swearing on an internet message board is not the same as swearing in a national interview. Are you saying that you'd feel as comfortable swearing on a national interview as you would on an internet message board or around close friends and family? If so I take back the comment about swearing. The other things I listed describe a P moreso than a J.

    Even a couple of ENFPs have said that they don't get the ENFP vibe from RW, and while I'm not sure of her S/N, I very definitely get EFJ. Compare her to other ENFPs like Gwen Stefani or Nelly Furtado. Totally different vibe! Look at how RW dresses, very tastefully, a little safe, always classic. Also compare her demeanor to Nicole Kidman, an INFJ. NFJs have all functions in common only switched around. I see more similarity between NK and RW than Gwen Stefani and RW. XNFJ Jiminy made a very astute observation about ENFJs having a steadier emotional output. RW isn't as steam of consciousness as I would expect and ENFP to be among other things I'll pinpoint later.
    I don't think you can type people based on "vibes". Also if you are going to compare her to singers, then you are starting to compare apples to oranges. I also don't think you can type people based on dress, and I don't really think I can respond constructively to this paragraph, adding that I doubt Nicole Kidman is INFJ. Anyway let me just move on to the next section.

    Here are my guesses for other ENF actors and compare:
    Sandra Bullock
    Katherine Hiegl
    Kate Hudson (ENFP)
    Kelly Ripa (ENFP)
    Will Smith (ENFP)
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Sarah Jessica Parker

    I have no other evidence than my feeling, and I see more similarities between the three I've listed as ENFPs than the ones I haven't. They're all very congenial and warm, but the emotional vibe they put out is different.
    I can't comment on the type of most in that list, because I don't know enough about them, but I'd certainly buy Will Smith and Samuel L. Jackson are ENFP. Also let me add a third to that list: Bill Cosby, also ENFP. So we have three black, male ENFP actors, and personally I get a very different vibe from each one of them. I strongly suspect that other people do as well. This is why you can't type people based on vibes and feelings. ENFP's especially are very good at mimicking another type if they want to. (This is why there are so many ENFP actors.)

    I'd like to look at a variety of different elements that I hope everyone can look at and say "This is definitely J, and that is definitely P, etc..." and so we can all agree objectively. Wouldn't you agree that this is the best procedure? Otherwise we'll just end up sticking to the type we prefer ENFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, or INTJ and we won't be able to come to any kind of consensus.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  4. #24
    Senior Member Lookin4theBestNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Economica is keeping me busy . I think she is ENFJ through and through.


    Walk the Line interview:
    If you watch her body language she comes off as restrained. She actually used her hands when talking very little (the only time was about the dress). She had a warm personality, talked about her family, and did all the thank-you's etc. for Fe. She didn't come off as bubbly however. I've typed Rachel Ray as a solid ENFP, compare the two and I can see the differences clearly. This interview (with the exception of her straight back crossed legs Jish body language did not reveal much insight into her lines of thinking.)

    Hurricane Katrina interview:
    She came off her as most certainly having idealistic vision. She showed much more speaking with her hands, but not dramatically. Communicating her idealism from my opinion and really getting into it. You see her squint and looking for the words just to express how important it was to her. She mentions: amazing counselors taking care of their mental health and other needs. I think this all seemed ENFJ.

    The written interview was exceptionally insightful into her lines of thinking.

    How the writer described her: Funny, blonde and whip-smart -- what more do you need to make it in Hollywood? Would you believe ordinary? Not everyday ordinary, but wise, kind and down- to-earth ordinary. Loves to cook and takes her kids to Sunday school ordinary. (people who like me anyway have described me the very same way at times!)

    W:My mother is very funny and laughs all the time. And she made me feel funny, because everything I ever said was funny to her. So that builds your confidence.
    (One of my primary focuses in life is not only building my own confidence but others as well)

    W:I was always doing impressions. I remember I used to do this whole routine where I would answer my telephone with different accents, and my mother and father thought it was hysterical.
    (mimicking is a trait of ENFX, with ENFJs it comes almost without thought even if you don't want it to)

    W:I'm so stupid in some ways. Sometimes I don't get the most obvious jokes. But I think I'm savvy. Like with comedy. I'm not intellectual. My dad is. He uses words that no one can possibly understand nor care to look up. I'm more emotionally intelligent. I can intuit people's behavior and their feelings. That's what I do for a living.
    (I could have written this nearly word for word. I however consider myself an intellectual of course. )

    W:It's so important to me. I mean, you play to your strengths. And to me, that's one of the only things I've got.
    (playing your strengths...I remember a debate I got into with an ENTJ on a statement almost exact to this. I very much believe in that.)

    W: I'm really serious. I mean, if I'm going to make it in this business, I'm not going to make it on being sexy. It's just not who I am. It's better to focus on what you're good at.
    (wow. She is really right on here...being sexy... just seems so not the way to go in life. I've never wanted to really use my sexuality it's uncomfortable. I have personal stories relating to this exact idea and the choices I made in life, though they are unimportant for this purpose!!)

    W:Absolutely. I've got a daughter. I try to think, What kind of person would I want to look up to if I was 12 or 13? It's important to have respect for yourself. Don't throw your intellect away because it's popular now to be physical and beautiful. Honestly, there's such a movement in that direction right now, and I don't really understand it. I try not to get on my soapbox about everything, but it's just hard for me. I think about how many people had to work hard to get the vote for women, to get women into college, get women better jobs -- for equality. Some of those people who seem to be throwing away their intellect should think more about how they are re-creating an old image of inferiority.

    (This abolutely sealed the deal for ENFJ for me. Role modeling/mentoring, ideals, future oriented etc. I know this may not mean anything but I start many a sentence and thought with "honestly" it helps me confront how I really feel.)

    W:She has six degrees, and she taught me about taking care of yourself and that it's important to have a sense of independence. She was a great example of being self-made.
    (It sounds as though her mother was her mentor. I have HUGE respect as well for independence and being self made! ENFJ !

    She is reluctant to accept compliments in all of the interviews. I can't tell you the numbers of times people have said I need to learn to do that better. I'm learning I just don't want it to go to my head. Now I am going to go back and really read what you all wrote!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

  5. #25
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    I just think it's notable that an ENFP on this thread has chimed in and said they DON'T see Reese as an ENFP (was there more than one ENFP?).

    And an ENFJ and ExFJ have chimed in and said they DO see Reese as an ENFJ.

    Wouldn't people who actually ARE these types have more of the inside scoop?? ;-)

  6. #26
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    And so it begins...

    I started another thread about differences/commonalities between ENFJs and ENFPs. I am of the belief that ENFPs and ENFJs often get confused for each other, more so than ESFJs and ESFPs because both are NFs. I am also of the belief that ENFJ Jness doesn't look like typical Jness because I think Fe is more likely to be used to connect and not to enforce. I think that NeFi looks like Fe. ENFPs that are more Fi than Ne tend to be more centered than ENFPs that are more Ne. Likewise ENFJs that are more Ni than Fe tend to look more stereotypically ENFP than ENFJs who are more Fe than Ni.

    What I think is happening with RW is if she is in fact an ENFP, she's a more Fi heavy ENFP, which to take the phrase from XNFJiminy gives her a more constant and steady presence that is more characteristic of an ENFJ.

    Note to Economica: I'm focusing on J/P because it helps to decipher if she is Fe dominant or Ne dominant.

    L4TBNU: I agree with your commentary.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post

    I agree that you can't type someone from a single quote. Curretly I have decided she is ENFP, but I am most open to the J/P axis. (You seem to be indicating that you won't consider her to be a P regardless of evidence presented.) If someone can give several clear reasons why she is a J then I will switch.
    TLL, I don't consider J/P a "function" meaning someone "acts like" a P or J because they're neat or messy or late or timely or things like that. J/P is strictly an indicator of the dominant function.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Here are some reasons why I see her as an ENFP rather than EFJ. (Note that no one of these things says, "She must be a P", but these are traits that are associated more with P's than with J's.)
    I don't know any ENFPs or ENFJs personally to ascribe certain behaviors to a type. All I can do is answer for myself and if another ENF wants to chime in then even better. I will say that I don't want this to turn into a competition between ENFs to day which is more what. I can see both of these types equally able to do these things. I don't know if it would be easier for one type to do it than another, but I don't think that it's strictly within the domain of an ENFP or ENFJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    -She is extremely perceptive. This is evidenced because she won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash.
    Are ENFJs not perceptive? If you want to compare Oscar nominations, Kate Winslet (an ENFJ who is roughly the same age is RW) has been nominated four times. Her performances are very organic and she approaches acting similar to the way RW does:

    KW:
    "I just always try and be as accepting of that person as I possibly can, and remain non-judgmental about their process, because every actor works in a different way."

    "I was a wayward child, very passionate and very determined, If I made up my mind to do something, there was no stopping me."

    "Just because they lived 200 years ago doesn't mean they didn't go to the toilet and pick their noses and feel what we feel. Emotions have not changed. They're not aliens just because they're wearing corsets."

    RW:

    "Who is so arrogant and vain that they don't want people to know they're real or human? That they're fallible? We are all just people. That's part of what's amazing about being an actor. It's about compassion and deep feeling for other people's pain or struggle or drive. I never feel above them. I never feel beneath them. That's probably what led me to this profession."

    "I've argued with lots of directors, because they pay you to come in and give your two cents about your character. It's going to be you up there on the screen and you should know better than anybody what you're doing."

    "...I think you just have to accept that we're all just big goobers. I think that's what brings peace in life; realizing sooner rather than later that we're all just big goobs!"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    -She is not hesitant to assert herself to authority figures.
    An ENFJ afraid to assert themselves? Have you seen my signature?? Have you ever experienced ENFJ Righteous Anger and Indignation accompanied by Se that'll probably pick up and throw something at you, tear the walls down, and then apologize profusely afterwards all the while saying it really wasn't their fault because they were trying to help you?! And then don't let me think someone is being mistreated! You should really get around some ENFJs in defense or revolutionary mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    -She gives her children quite a bit of independence, and has a "hands off" approach to child rearing.
    Well, I most definitely wouldn't be a hands off parent, so if ENFPs are more prone to being less involved with their children then I concede this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    -She started her own production company. P's are more prone to risk taking behavior such as starting a new business compared to J's.
    I don't know if that is true or not. Even if Ps are more likely to start their own business that doesn't mean that Js don't start their own business at all. And I'd think that an J business venture is more likely to suceed than a P business venture because a J is more driven and committed after the initial novelty wears off. That was hideously stereotypical so you are completley within your rights to ignore it. Also, why did she start her own company? Did she feel there was a dearth or a void that needed to be filled in Hollywood? Fe!! She saw a need and wanted to fulfill it. Not that Ne wouldn't do this, I'm not trying to an ENFP wouldn't I'm just trying to get at her motivations (which none of us really know but so help us, we're trying).

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    -She describes herself as not at all like Tracy Flick from "Election" who is a clear J.
    Hey I'm a J and I'm not at all like Tracy Flick. Once again, I'm not using J/P as an individual function. Even if I was, there are gradients between J/P just like any other trait.


    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    -She swears during interviews.
    Isn't Bono supposedly an ENFJ? Doesn't he like to swear in front of the UN and presidents, and prime minister. I'm all for cussing if it will emphasize a point and impress upon people the seriousness and passion with which I'm speaking. Plus it's fun! Fuckety fuck! Now would I swear on national TV? Hmmm, not likely. But just because RW feels comfortable cussing doesn't mean that ENFPs feel more comfortable doing it while ENFJs don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    -She has good reactions and chemistry in response to other actors which is easier for a P than for a J.
    I really don't think you can say that most Ps have better chemistry with other people. That's not at all true. If anything I think Fe would be better suited for responding in this regard.

    I will say that I think that ENFPs adapt more quickly to their environment than ENFJs and quickly is completely relative. It could mean 5 vs 10 mins or 5 mins vs. two weeks. I think ENFJs need to figure out the what the rules of engagement are to feel comfortable moving foward. Which is one of the reasons I think EFJs are not immediately as outgoing as EFPs. EFPs feel more comfortable stepping out without a guidebook, whereas EFJs need to take a little time to catch their barings. If any ENFPs or ENFJs would like to chime in about this I'm very interested in hearing what they have to say.


    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Also when it comes to interviews I do not see her as strongly favoring P or J. She is poised without being anal retentive. Although when I think of the people I know who would come off as charming and poised during an interview without being overtly particular about things, they are all ENFP's. Her interview behavior is by no means outside of ENFP behavior range.
    How many ENFJs do you know? Can you really make a statement like that? You make ENFJs sound so brittle and rigid that they'll snap in half.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    She can portray both N and S characters, which means she is an N. S's do not portray a wide range of personality types. They focus on more concrete and specific elements, rather than more general and abstract elements like personality type.
    I really don't think ability to portray S and N characters makes someone an N, or can be used as evidence that the particular actor is an ENFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Well you can't type a character on one quote, but you can't disregard it either. Really what a person says about themself is going to be the best information you can get about them though. No one knows a person as well as they know themself.
    Agreed, which is why I tried to link to as many quotes as possible and Economica used youtube interviews.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    The reason Reese Witherspoon does not try to connect as much with interviewers is that she is Ne dominant. She can "see through" other people just fine, but she is often content to simply observe and not act. Ne is more passive so it can connect with people if the person wants, or it can remain passive, but an Ne dominant will not feel so compelled to connect with the other person. Fe, being a judging function, will make the EFJ want to connect with the other person to a greater extent than say an ENFP.
    Fe is about connecting and disconnecting if necessary. I don't know if RW is trying to connect with the interviewer, maybe she tries to connect with the character she's portraying but I wouldn't waste my time trying to connect with the interviewer.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I don't think you can type people based on "vibes". Also if you are going to compare her to singers, then you are starting to compare apples to oranges. I also don't think you can type people based on dress, and I don't really think I can respond constructively to this paragraph...
    I type on vibes and I trust those vibes to be accurate. Nothing we're doing here is scientifically validated so I'm not going to stop. Also I do think dress is indicative of personality type. I hight doubt an ENFP would be as safe a dresser as an ENFJ. Don't you think an ISFJ would dress differently than an ISFP or ESFP or ESTJ?


    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I can't comment on the type of most in that list, because I don't know enough about them, but I'd certainly buy Will Smith and Samuel L. Jackson are ENFP. Also let me add a third to that list: Bill Cosby, also ENFP. So we have three black, male ENFP actors, and personally I get a very different vibe from each one of them. I strongly suspect that other people do as well. This is why you can't type people based on vibes and feelings. ENFP's especially are very good at mimicking another type if they want to. (This is why there are so many ENFP actors.)
    The only ones I feel confident in saying were ENFPs were the ones I listed. I think Samuel L. Jackson is ENFJ. In his more serious films he's always saving and redeeming someone, Black Snake Moan, 187, Resurrecting the Champ, and I've seen his Pulp Fiction character typed ENFJ which I think is completely plausible. I lean towards Sandra Bullock and Katherine Hiegl being ENFJs also.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  7. #27
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Note to Economica: I'm focusing on J/P because it helps to decipher if she is Fe dominant or Ne dominant.
    But proteanmix, I've thought all along (in this thread, anyhow ) that she's dominant Fe. I want to make sure she isn't an ESFJ. *stomps*

    The recognition from you ENFJs is persuasive, to be sure, but I have to admit I am still not totally convinced of the N. Again, this is what is throwing me:

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    When watching interviews with her, I don't actually see her 'see through' people the way I normally find that ENFJs do; she doesn't seem to be as naturally in touch with and playing to the responses of the interviewer as definite ENFJ Kate Winslet.
    Edit: All right, behind the scenes Blackwater has been saying S until now (when he's finally watched the clips). I relent!

    2nd edit: Or maybe not.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Blackwater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ERTP
    Posts
    454

    Default

    wow, strong Fe!

    she's ENFJ.

    the hurricane-interview is close to a dead-giveaway. "i feel really blessed to be on this side of it" --> N
    best collection of philosopher typings online

    http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

  9. #29
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    But proteanmix, I've thought all along (in this thread, anyhow ) that she's dominant Fe. I want to make sure she isn't an ESFJ. *stomps*

    The recognition from you ENFJs is persuasive, to be sure, but I have to admit I am still not totally convinced of the N. Again, this is what is throwing me:
    I know, I know, but I wanted to make sure she wasn't an ENFP before trying to figure out if she's an ESFJ or ENFJ.

    Like I said, sometimes people are quick to type an intelligent person that they identify with as an N. I can't tell if she's an S or N, I identify with many of her quotes, but if she's an ESFJ that could be because of the shared Fe function.

    One actress that I think is ESFJ is Katherine Zeta-Jones. RW and KZJ both appear similar to me but there's something about KZJ that strikes me as S rather than N.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  10. #30
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    One actress that I think is ESFJ is Katherine Zeta-Jones. RW and KZJ both appear similar to me but there's something about KZJ that strikes me as S rather than N.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll check her out.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] "[They] lack defenses against things other types take in stride"
    By KLessard in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Reese Witherspoon's type
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 02:37 AM
  3. [NT] INTs take the MBTI more seriously than other types?
    By cogdecree in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
  4. The "Type Vote" - Take IIb
    By LostInNerSpace in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
  5. Types and eggs take 2
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO