User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: Glenn Beck

  1. #61
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Can't really describe someone like him. But whenever he rambles (like Palin) I have an adverse reaction that goes like this :rolli:

    But apparently, he seems to have his own little ideal America that apparently isn't going into his "right" direction.

  2. #62
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    ENFJ to the point of parody.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  3. #63
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    DUMB
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  4. #64
    Junior Member VictorClimacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4x3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    ...So, that's mostly the difference. I think Glenn Beck is an emtionally manipulative lying dick who just wants to make an easy buck based on, you know, things that actually happened. Glenn Beck hates everyone he hates because he's an emotionally manipulative lying dick who just wants to make an easy buck.
    Don't forget that the emotionally-manipulative Glenn Beck is a also a nightly news pundit and far from unique in that respect. My guess is that he "Lies!" and uses the word "Nazi" about as much as his left-wing counterpart, Keith Olbermann. At least, that's judging from all the people online who are busy spewing hate about Keith Olbermann.

    I mean, come on!:

    Olbermann Watch Lists Keith's Top Ten Lies of 2007 | NewsBusters.org
    Real Truth Online: Keith Olbermann Lies; Says Climate Change Means “Where It’s Supposed To Get Cold, It Gets Colder"
    Glenn Beck - Fusion - Anatomy of a Keith Olbermann Lie (ahaha)
    YouTube - Olbermann - Fool or Liar?
    Power Line - Keith Olbermann, liar
    Perennial Undershtupper Olbermann Worst Liar in the World - Atlas Shrugs
    Keith Olbermann's Ego: Lies. Lies. Lies.

    I wonder if they hate him because he's such a big liar or if he's such a big liar because they hate him? I really don't know, but it reminds me of much of the response toward Beck. The procedure is to flame, discredit, and, in the trend I decried earlier, irrationally extend one's hatred and dismissal onto the target's viewers and their unsteadily-represented ideological foundations. Olbermann makes such an incendiary spokesperson that he damages both sides. That's my gripe with Beck as well, and with all those who play the flame game. It's just one side's army spewing insults at the other's and people getting too caught up in it to even address the topic of a thread that tries to remain above the spreading circle of nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Also, regardless of tea partiers intelligence, I'd guess most watch almost exclusivelt Fox News. This makes them the least politically informed audience of any newsource except Network Morning Shows according to the PEW research center (though, to be fair, O'Reilly viewers were more well informed than other Fox viewers, though less well informed than Daily Show or Colbert Report viewers or people who get their news from major newspaper websites).
    Yes. In fact, the O'Reilly Factor, in all of its superiority to the Glenn Beck show, ranked 4th out of the 16 categories, beating even CNN by 10, 2, and 8 percentage points, which in turn surpassed Fox News by 6, 0, and 6. Clearly then, those teabaggers who watch the Fox News Channel exclusively (before tuning out when that damned, dirty, dishonorable ape, Bill O'Reilly comes on) are the real fools.

    Excuse me for being snarky. Really, I'm not trying to antagonize or start an argument, and nor am I lumping you in with the pyromaniacs. The point is that I hate conflict, and therefore I must complain about the raging Beck-hatred on this forum, which I disagree with far, far less (I don't, really) than I detest because it is gratingly asinine.

  5. #65
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Whichever type believes this happened:


  6. #66
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I think the more amazing question is: How is he still on Fox/alive? He has pissed off enough people.

  7. #67
    That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram
    2
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    He is not a thinker. He goes on and on about his "Values". I'm thinking ENFJ...maybe ESFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't think he's insane, I think it's largely an act. Supposedly, in private, people that know Beck will tell you the same thing. He's a political shock-jock. It's especially evident when he fake cries... probably an ENFJ.

    Though, he is a Mormon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I could go with that. Glenn Beck annoys me, NFPs annoy me.... so, yeah. He does have that whole obsession with his values while superficially pretending to be open-minded thing.

    Ah. But seriously, I'd guess some kind of ExFx type. ESFJ, ENFJ, ExTP (with developed Tertiary), and ENFP all seem like good guesses. He definitely isn't an ESFP, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Really manipulative ENFJ. F/T is particularly balanced. Guy's playing a role on TV, and obviously gets his rocks off on how he can make people react a certain way like clockwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorClimacus View Post
    My vote is ENFJ. Beck is certainly an emotionally-driven pundit, who gets fired up about moral/ethical issues especially. He is good with language, very outgoing, a good rabble rouser who is not untalented in the leadership department. He also loves analogies and theories, as anyone who has seen his show can attest (He just loves that chalkboard.). He is also a bit of a fetishist for moral rules, principles, and, like the typical right-winger, has a bend toward the defense of the traditional--he likes his ideas and values to be the time-tested ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    ENFJ to the point of parody.
    First Hitler...now this!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

    Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

  8. #68
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    I'm... not sure why there aren't more actual stabs at his type rather than little quips that don't mean anything-- as there are already pages of them.

  9. #69
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Becks is an idiot. And I doubt I'll like or
    get along with anyone that likes him.... I think he's ESFJ

  10. #70
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I'm... not sure why there aren't more actual stabs at his type rather than little quips that don't mean anything-- as there are already pages of them.
    But ridiculing at people like Glenn Beck and Palin is fun!

    If you really want me to, I'd say he is an ENFJ. Just for JoSunshine.

Similar Threads

  1. Glenn Gould
    By MerkW in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-11-2016, 04:26 PM
  2. Beck Hansen
    By ZiL in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 03:12 AM
  3. Glenn Beck?! Seriously?
    By Kangirl in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 01:15 AM
  4. Colbert Pwns Glenn Beck
    By kendoiwan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 12:30 PM
  5. Glenn Beck on Marijuana Legalization
    By Didums in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO