User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Glenn Beck

MBTI
    ESFJ

The government really is becoming a bigger menace to society, and the U.S. Constitution has been torn up and thrown out by the courts -- though a pretense of respecting it remains. Perhaps your mother just needs to find someone less inflammatory than Glenn Beck, someone who might help rein in some of her more poisonous views.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I had the "pleasure" of attempting to read a book written by him on his take on current issues. And I have to say that Glenn Beck is racist... very much so... he's just not allow to express it on TV (due to political reasons). It was so bad... in his ideas and "opinions" (his twisted misinterpretation of facts, choosing to only understand enough about a subject to support his claims but not a complete understanding such that it'll allow him to see that he is wrong)... that I couldn't bear reading the whole book. Every time I start on a new chapter about a particular topic... I end up shaking my head 2nd paragraph into it.

I don't know what MBTI type he might be but I don't see how it'll be relevant to type him.

Inflammatory opinions are okay so long as there's valid reasons of doing so. Glenn Beck appears to miss the mark every time by considering to only satisfying the needs of one view point, namely US white supremacy.

For your mother... perhaps it would be helpful to pick a topic (or a few) where you take issue with what Glenn Beck said. Study his "facts" and see how he's misinterpreting them and go over those with your mother... that might provide incentives for her to evaluate what he says more before accepting his ideas.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Are you serious?

Glenn Beck is a arrogant little pussy who is way to pissed off for his own good. I bet it's all fake...I guess conservative white Catholics in this country dig that kind of shit.

Seriously, he can't be that angry all of the time? Either he has serious problems, or it's fake like I said. People like him, don't they?

Glenn Beck loses his Mind

God..I can't believe I'm saying this...but..this makes Bill O'Reilly look like a puppy.

"You don't have logic!"
    Beck: "..you're right.."

Beck: "Get off my phone you little Pin-Head!!"

^ I found those funny. LOL.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Interestingly enough, I have a friend who works in the studio building where Beck broadcasts from. While she abhors his opinions, she says he's actually a pretty polite and seemingly considerate guy in person when she's met him.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Interestingly enough, I have a friend who works in the studio building where Beck broadcasts from. While she abhors his opinions, she says he's actually a pretty polite and seemingly considerate guy in person when she's met him.
    I don't find it possible for someone to be as insane as he is on the news.

He's just trying to be unique so people watch him.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

This is kind of sad. Unless he's faking. Is he faking this?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWKzobeya4&feature=channel"]Glenn Beck crying[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I don't find it possible for someone to be as insane as he is on the news.

He's just trying to be unique so people watch him.
    Then you've run into the problem of trying to type anyone from popular culture, media, celebrity, etc., trying to distinguish what's just a showface.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Then you've run into the problem of trying to type anyone from popular culture, media, celebrity, etc., trying to distinguish what's just a showface.
    That's the truth..

That's why I didn't try to type him.

But this makes you wonder...if he is potentially faking it, how many others are faking it?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Exactly.

I don't really think it's that uncommon for people to be different in person from their media personality.

Either in their private lives they tend to be far more expressive but then 'watch their behavior' in public so as to avoid repercussion/ridicule; OR in their personal interactions they can be very reserved and considerate because those are "personal" and their behavior there will be attached to them on a personal level, while on the air they feel like they've put on a costume or are performing a role and thus their behavior there is not a reflection of who they are and shouldn't have an impact on their personal life.

(For example, I know some INFJs who are protective of themselves in person emotionally, but love to act on stage and can be extremely expressive because on stage "they're someone else.")

it depends on how strong that line can be drawn between personal and private.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think they are trying to get people to listen. It's doing a good job, actually..but at the same time, giving those who don't follow their views a reason to hate them. It's a pretty good tactic, I think Bill O'Reilly does it too, same with Nancy Grace.