• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Glenn Beck

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
The government really is becoming a bigger menace to society, and the U.S. Constitution has been torn up and thrown out by the courts -- though a pretense of respecting it remains. Perhaps your mother just needs to find someone less inflammatory than Glenn Beck, someone who might help rein in some of her more poisonous views.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I had the "pleasure" of attempting to read a book written by him on his take on current issues. And I have to say that Glenn Beck is racist... very much so... he's just not allow to express it on TV (due to political reasons). It was so bad... in his ideas and "opinions" (his twisted misinterpretation of facts, choosing to only understand enough about a subject to support his claims but not a complete understanding such that it'll allow him to see that he is wrong)... that I couldn't bear reading the whole book. Every time I start on a new chapter about a particular topic... I end up shaking my head 2nd paragraph into it. :dry:

I don't know what MBTI type he might be but I don't see how it'll be relevant to type him.

Inflammatory opinions are okay so long as there's valid reasons of doing so. Glenn Beck appears to miss the mark every time by considering to only satisfying the needs of one view point, namely US white supremacy.

For your mother... perhaps it would be helpful to pick a topic (or a few) where you take issue with what Glenn Beck said. Study his "facts" and see how he's misinterpreting them and go over those with your mother... that might provide incentives for her to evaluate what he says more before accepting his ideas.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Are you serious?

Glenn Beck is a arrogant little pussy who is way to pissed off for his own good. I bet it's all fake...I guess conservative white Catholics in this country dig that kind of shit.

Seriously, he can't be that angry all of the time? Either he has serious problems, or it's fake like I said. People like him, don't they?

Glenn Beck loses his Mind

God..I can't believe I'm saying this...but..this makes Bill O'Reilly look like a puppy.

"You don't have logic!"
Beck: "..you're right.."

Beck: "Get off my phone you little Pin-Head!!"

^ I found those funny. LOL.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interestingly enough, I have a friend who works in the studio building where Beck broadcasts from. While she abhors his opinions, she says he's actually a pretty polite and seemingly considerate guy in person when she's met him.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Interestingly enough, I have a friend who works in the studio building where Beck broadcasts from. While she abhors his opinions, she says he's actually a pretty polite and seemingly considerate guy in person when she's met him.

I don't find it possible for someone to be as insane as he is on the news.

He's just trying to be unique so people watch him.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This is kind of sad. Unless he's faking. Is he faking this?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWKzobeya4&feature=channel"]Glenn Beck crying[/YOUTUBE]

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Then you've run into the problem of trying to type anyone from popular culture, media, celebrity, etc., trying to distinguish what's just a showface.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Then you've run into the problem of trying to type anyone from popular culture, media, celebrity, etc., trying to distinguish what's just a showface.

That's the truth..

That's why I didn't try to type him.

But this makes you wonder...if he is potentially faking it, how many others are faking it?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Exactly.

I don't really think it's that uncommon for people to be different in person from their media personality.

Either in their private lives they tend to be far more expressive but then 'watch their behavior' in public so as to avoid repercussion/ridicule; OR in their personal interactions they can be very reserved and considerate because those are "personal" and their behavior there will be attached to them on a personal level, while on the air they feel like they've put on a costume or are performing a role and thus their behavior there is not a reflection of who they are and shouldn't have an impact on their personal life.

(For example, I know some INFJs who are protective of themselves in person emotionally, but love to act on stage and can be extremely expressive because on stage "they're someone else.")

it depends on how strong that line can be drawn between personal and private.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think they are trying to get people to listen. It's doing a good job, actually..but at the same time, giving those who don't follow their views a reason to hate them. It's a pretty good tactic, I think Bill O'Reilly does it too, same with Nancy Grace.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had the "pleasure" of attempting to read a book written by him on his take on current issues. And I have to say that Glenn Beck is racist... very much so... he's just not allow to express it on TV (due to political reasons). It was so bad... in his ideas and "opinions" (his twisted misinterpretation of facts, choosing to only understand enough about a subject to support his claims but not a complete understanding such that it'll allow him to see that he is wrong)... that I couldn't bear reading the whole book. Every time I start on a new chapter about a particular topic... I end up shaking my head 2nd paragraph into it. :dry:

I don't know what MBTI type he might be but I don't see how it'll be relevant to type him.

Inflammatory opinions are okay so long as there's valid reasons of doing so. Glenn Beck appears to miss the mark every time by considering to only satisfying the needs of one view point, namely US white supremacy.
I had never heard of this guy, so I can't verify any racist views.
But considering that within human lifetime, we went from minorities still being treated almost like 3/5th human with almost no rights, to having a black president in office! So the radical conservatives, without coming out and saying it, will of course be getting louder and crazier in their disgust at political developments. (They instead come up with slogans auch as "Obama Nation", and all the other stuff about him; as well as focusing on his policies, even though many are no happier with the Republicans and had written Bush off as the same as a Democrat on "the issues").

And 20 years ago, we thought Morton Downey Jr was bad with his whole "loundmouth" theme!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Really manipulative ENFJ. F/T is particularly balanced. Guy's playing a role on TV, and obviously gets his rocks off on how he can make people react a certain way like clockwork.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really manipulative ENFJ. F/T is particularly balanced. Guy's playing a role on TV, and obviously gets his rocks off on how he can make people react a certain way like clockwork.

He makes me react the following way:

"Yaaaaaawnnnn........"
bored_skull.png

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I had never heard of this guy, so I can't verify any racist views.
But considering that within human lifetime, we went from minorities still being treated almost like 3/5th human with almost no rights, to having a black president in office! So the radical conservatives, without coming out and saying it, will of course be getting lunder and crazier in their disgust at politics. (They instead come up with slogans auch as "Obama Nation", and all the other stuff about him; as well as focusing on his policies, even though many are no happier with the Republicans and had written Bush off as the same as a Democrat on "the issues").

At the risk of starting a political argument.

Post Condensor 3000tm:

"Anyone who disagrees swith Obama is a secret racist."

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6

So hes..... A troll?

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5

Every media outlet uses this tactic, whether they are conservative or liberal. The "Outrage Machine" is very effective because you'll find that a large majority of people just want to be pissed off about something.

It's also annoying to think that you're doing exactly what he wants you to do when you talk about how crazy or weird he is. :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
No, I can understand him just doing it for ratings. But just doing it because he likes pissing off people on TV, If thats true I have alot more respect for him now.

If you're good at something, never do it for free