• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Brad 'The Bachelor' Womack's type

R

RDF

The other day I was channel surfing and I ran across the TV show "The Bachelor" on ABC (U.S. television). I watched about the last 20 minutes of the show, and it seemed to me that this season's bachelor is an ENFJ.

The bachelor seems to embody the things mentioned in this thread. During the large cocktail parties (where he is the sole male among a large group of partying women) he seems perfectly comfortable setting the tone and taking a leadership position even while dealing with all the various demands of the women. And when dealing with each woman individually, even if only for a couple seconds, he has a great capacity to focus on them and "be there" for each of them. He's patient and earnest and supportive with each woman, no matter what her issue or demand.

Given the women's constant demands for his attention and given his earnestness and his supportive nature, at first I was waiting for his patience to wear thin and for his veneer of support and earnestness to start cracking. But then I realized I was watching a masterful display of Fe in action, and that the veneer wouldn't crack because that's what Fe's do: They like to "be there" for other people.

IOW, this season's bachelor seems to have that aura of trying to be an "exemplary human being" with all these women (referring back to the OP of the thread), and it's interesting to see how he manages that while juggling all the different demands and personalities of the women.

It also seems like he's eliminating a lot of obvious Sensors when it comes time to thin the herd at the end of the show, and he seems to enjoy interacting with women exhibiting some kind of emotional drama (although he sometimes get a bit irritated when emotions run too high and a woman gets weepy or distraught).

Anyway, I'm just checking: Do any of you ENFJs watch American reality TV? And would anyone concur that this season's bachelor is an ENFJ? I know two ENFJs in real life, but one's a young woman and the other is an elderly gentleman. I would be curious if this season's bachelor might be a good example of a young ENFJ male.

Below is a link for the website for the TV show. It's even possible to watch the first two episodes of the show there, if anyone wants to go the extra mile and actually watch the show.

The Bachelor - Bachelor - Home - ABC.com

I'll understand if I don't get any responses to my query; most people either don't watch reality TV, or they watch it but don't want to admit it. But given that reality contests feature "real people" (as opposed to professional actors playing a scripted role), sometimes it's fun to spot one of the more obvious personality types and watch them do their thing in these little concocted dramas and contests. :)

R

RDF

I would if I could (I know a 33 year old male ENFJ) but alas: "Only viewers within the United States can watch these full-length episodes." :sadbanana:

Oops! Sorry about that, Economica.

I was hoping the streaming episodes on the website might be a way for the overseas members to view the show. But I guess it wasn't meant to be. :doh:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oops! Sorry about that, Economica.

No, I'm the one oopsing. I momentarily forgot all about YouTube. ;)

(Other non-Americans: Episode 1)

Edit: All right, I've watched the first episode and also this interview. I definitely see where you're coming from, FineLine, with the dominant Fe, but what makes you say he is ENFJ as opposed to ESFJ? I haven't yet seen him "see through" people the way I find ENFJs do. I'll have to watch more to acquire an opinion either way though.

R

RDF

No, I'm the one oopsing. I momentarily forgot all about YouTube. ;)

(Other non-Americans: Episode 1)

Edit: All right, I've watched the first episode and also this interview. I definitely see where you're coming from, FineLine, with the dominant Fe, but what makes you say he is ENFJ as opposed to ESFJ? I haven't yet seen him "see through" people the way I find ENFJs do. I'll have to watch more to acquire an opinion either way though.

Yes, I think I agree. Previously I had only seen part of Episode 2 (not on YouTube yet), which is much more about him managing the relationships and relating more with the women. It was tough figuring out if he was an N playing it close to the chest (due to his blue-collar background and being a little subdued for the cameras) or an S using a lot of N language (yearning for a soulmate, etc.) On the basis of Episode 2 alone, Brad Womack seemed to be doing the "exemplary human being" thing described in the earlier thread and relating more closely to the women.

But Episode 1 shows him more as a good host (a mark of an ESFJ) rather than someone who "sees through" people. He is definitely more tongue-tied in Episode 1 (and the Kimmel interview) and generally not at all voluble and spinning off ideas the way that ENFJs can be. So unless an ENFJ wants to claim him as one of theirs, I think I'll change my vote to ESFJ too.

Perhaps Brad's "managing" the relationships so expertly in Episode 2 shows that ESFJs do their own version of the "exemplary human being" thing too. IOW, that may be more tied to Fe generally rather than just ENFJ specifically.

Anyway, thanks Economica for tracking down the YouTube version of Episode 1 and sitting through it. Meantime, it still makes a good study of strong Fe, albeit from a different angle.

Thanks, Jennifer, for spinning off the thread. It looks like probably doesn't belong in the ENFJ thread. :doh:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Anyway, thanks Economica for tracking down the YouTube version of Episode 1 and sitting through it.

Anytime. I love typing with experienced typers. :yay:

Meantime, it still makes a good study of strong Fe, albeit from a different angle.

Agreed, it's very, very strong... TPs beware! :D

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Yeah that kinda made me throw up a little. I couldn't finish it. All the crying girls, blech!

R

RDF

Anytime. I love typing with experienced typers. :yay:

I owe you one. You said "never mind" on Edward Norton, but feel free to call on me for a second opinion in the future. As shown by this episode, obviously I'm better at diagnosing some types than others. ;)

Agreed, it's very, very strong... TPs beware! :D

It is indeed. It's still very interesting to see and study a strong Fe. My own Fe is very weak (practically vestigial), and I like watching really strong examples of the functions where I'm weaker.

As an introverted Fi, I can't help but be a little fascinated by the example of someone who can socialize and flirt effortlessly with 25 beautiful women all at once. :D

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I owe you one. You said "never mind" on Edward Norton, but feel free to call on me for a second opinion in the future. As shown by this episode, obviously I'm better at diagnosing some types than others. ;)

I will take you up on that. :yes: What types (male and female) are you well acquainted with? ... Wait, don't answer here, I'll start a thread on that.

Last edited:
R

RDF

Yeah that kinda made me throw up a little. I couldn't finish it. All the crying girls, blech!

:laugh: Yes, there are just too many girls at the start. Too much early drama, too many big eliminations.

It gets more fun toward the end of the season when there are just a couple girls left and you see the guy agonizing over whether to eliminate the Sensor or the iNtuitive, or whatever. (I watched the last couple episodes of the previous season--guilty pleasures.)