User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Will & Grace

  1. #1
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Cool Will & Grace

    Hmm, okay I'm thinking:

    Will: ISTP
    Grace: INTJ
    Jack: ENFP
    Karen: ENTJ

    I dunno, this is my first time typing any fictional characters so your opinions would be appreciatedz0rs.

  2. #2
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Isn't Grace the prototypical neurotic ExFJ?

    Anyway I like Grace so therefore she is my type.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  3. #3
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Isn't Grace the prototypical neurotic ExFJ?

    Anyway I like Grace so therefore she is my type.
    Yes.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Will an ISTP? I don't think so.

    ISFJ? INTP?

    You're probably right about Jack. ENFP or ESFP.

    Karen? Karen's my FAVORITE. Karen used to be my hero (ha ha). I don't know that's she's a J at all. She's not very responsible, always leaving work early, not taking care of her kids, very image focused, always looking for a good time...ENTP?

  5. #5
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    me and my girlfriend got that will and grace thing going on. But that would be highly personalized
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #6
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    me and my girlfriend got that will and grace thing going on. But that would be highly personalized
    So does that mean that you're a gay lawyer and she's your former lover/best friend from college?

  7. #7
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Yeah, I'll second Grace for ExFJ. Will seems kinda J, to me. ISTJ, maybe. He is definitely more T than Grace. I could see Karen as an ENTP, and Jack as ExFP.
    Something Witty

  8. #8
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Karen and Jack where the best parts of that show. Didn't watch enough for good indications of type though.



  9. #9
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    I love this show. One of my favorite sitcoms if not my favorite.

    Will: ISTJ 1w9 so/sp
    Grace: ESFJ 6w7 so/sx
    Jack: ENFP 7w6 so/sx
    Karen: ENTP 7w8 sx/so

    I'm most sure on Karen because she's so exaggerated haha.
    For Jack I could also see ESFP and sx/so, but he seems Si-inferior rather than Ni-inferior to me.
    Grace...I'm pretty sure about ESFJ and 6w7. I could see other instincts but the fact that she lets Will make a lot of decisions for her makes me think sp-last.
    Will I'm the least sure about. I'm pretty sure ISJ works for him, but I could see F too. I went with 1w9 because of how he suppresses his emotions when there's a problem with his family and how he controls his anger. His instincts I just took a wild guess on. But I think sx/so, sx/sp, and maybe sp/so can be ruled out.

    What do you think @Marmotini?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

    Likes Thalassa, chickpea liked this post

  10. #10
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I love this show. One of my favorite sitcoms if not my favorite.

    Will: ISTJ 1w9 so/sp
    Grace: ESFJ 6w7 so/sx
    Jack: ENFP 7w6 so/sx
    Karen: ENTP 7w8 sx/so

    I'm most sure on Karen because she's so exaggerated haha.
    For Jack I could also see ESFP and sx/so, but he seems Si-inferior rather than Ni-inferior to me.
    Grace...I'm pretty sure about ESFJ and 6w7. I could see other instincts but the fact that she lets Will make a lot of decisions for her makes me think sp-last.
    Will I'm the least sure about. I'm pretty sure ISJ works for him, but I could see F too. I went with 1w9 because of how he suppresses his emotions when there's a problem with his family and how he controls his anger. His instincts I just took a wild guess on. But I think sx/so, sx/sp, and maybe sp/so can be ruled out.

    What do you think @Marmotini?
    Oh Karen. Mm...i used to love that show! ISTJ seems right for Will, and yeah I could see Grace as ExFJ...it could actually be an ENFJ/ISTJ love hate BFF but romantic disaster match, but I can see why you would say ESFJ too.

    Jack definitely EXFP.

    ENTP seems odd for Karen to me for some reason. Karen and Jack were my favorite characters and I think Karen and her kind of clever witty self absorption and self destruction would stereotypically seem more ESTP or ENTJ to me, I see her more as the Se weakness type, I don't see the Ne with her, but I can see the catty but charming elitism of a Promoter or Fieldmarshal. Karen is AWFUL but I always loved her and I usually don't love awful ENTP characters.

Similar Threads

  1. I cannot and will not believe this...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-19-2016, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
  3. Humanity will become stupider?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 01:27 AM
  4. [MBTItm] Will A Paradigm Shift Effect MBTI %?
    By "?" in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 12:06 PM
  5. Approaching 40. Will it hurt?
    By Martoon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO