Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Neither of these things indicates aux Ne. Nope.

Are you saying that nobody but an Ne user would make an incredible actor? And that Ne users are the only ones with role models?
    Fair enough.

No, not saying that only Ne's make incredible actors. It's just the way in which the character is approached in his films suggests to me a person who thinks of the world outside himself in terms of ideas and abstract concepts. That's an Ne.

Also Nes aren't the only one with role models. I think you're oversimplifying what I'm trying to say. There's a purity and unconditional quality to the way in which he looks up to his role models and he discusses the attributes that make them great to him in a way that's specific. Granted, I'm not giving much hard concrete evidence, but that's a tall order when we're talking about reading personality types.
    Last edited by SecondBest; 08-15-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Missed the second part of the post.. sry

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    Fair enough.

No, not saying that only Ne's make incredible actors. It's just the way in which the character is approached in his films suggests to me a person who thinks of the world outside himself in terms of ideas and abstract concepts. That's an Ne.

Also Nes aren't the only one with role models. I think you're oversimplifying what I'm trying to say. There's a purity and unconditional quality to the way in which he looks up to his role models and he discusses the attributes that make them great to him in a way that's specific. Granted, I'm not giving much hard concrete evidence, but that's a tall order when we're talking about reading personality types.
    Neither of the things you're talking about has any clear relationship to Ne.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Neither of the things you're talking about has any clear relationship to Ne.
    Well, the way I understand the Ne function is that the individual relates him/herself to the outside world in an intuitive way. I understand intuitive to mean anything other than sensory - ideas, concepts, patterns. I still believe that this is the way Johnny Depp relates to the world, though his primary mode of function is being in tune with his own feelings and sensitivities.

I'd really love to hear your point of view if you could explain in more detail why you think I'm wrong. Can you bring up evidence that suggests the contrary? or is there something about my understanding of the Ne function that you think is fallacious?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    Johnny Depp's definitely an INFP. Primary Fi and Aux Ne. I feel like if you're going to read someone's personality type, you have to look at their functions, and not the letters.

Evidence of Primary Fi:

"I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it." - IMDb - certainly suggests introversion and a self-protective mechanism that shields his sensitivity from the world.

" If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love - I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years - but I would eat them" - IMDb - see above

Evidence of Aux Ne:
    - Incredible actor - chameleon, shape shifting. Deep and thorough understanding of his characters that certainly suggests Ne.
    - He definitely idealizes others in certain respects. I could refer back to his family, but he talks about certain actors he admires with a kind of passionate purity that's indicative of this Aux Ne.
    I definitely agree with the primary Fi.
    I'm not sure about whether he's an INFP or an ISFP.
    I'm leaning towards ISFP- not that ISFP's can't be introspective but the typical ISFP doesn't rely on introspection as much as the typical INFP- on the other hand, if there's one word you can't use to describe Johnny Depp- it's typical.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Five

I just watched the Depp interview on Inside the Actor's Studio. Have to side with those assigning INFP.

The traits are all quite clear. The shyness, sensitivity, soft-spokeness, imagination....

I don't see how anyone watching that interview can have any doubt.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFP 4w5 Sp/Sx
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    INFP 4w5 Sp/Sx
    Sx/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think sx too his energy buzzes.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I'm beginning to think NFJ. But that's only because my views on MBTI are possibly warped, where all stuffy saintly types are the actual NFPs, not NFJs.. and all SP wannabes who make bands with Gibby Haynes.. or simply go to butthole surfer concerts are NFJs.

It's all very scientific.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm beginning to think NFJ. But that's only because my views on MBTI are possibly warped, where all stuffy saintly types are the actual NFPs, not NFJs.. and all SP wannabes who make bands with Gibby Haynes.. or simply go to butthole surfer concerts are NFJs.

It's all very scientific.
    yeah, and he has that infj male hair. srsly.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com