User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Johnny Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    Johnny Depp an ISFJ? an ENTP?

I'll just put myself ahead of the curve and say he's an ESTJ and provide no evidence as to why.
    He is still an ISFP

MBTI
    CAT

I also vote for an ISFP.

I've never really got an INFP vibe from his interviews, and it also seems to me that visual representation of a character is vital for him... It's as if he needed to know the characters from the outside before he gets to know them from the inside. It seems to me that xNFP actors identify with their characters more thoroughly. As my boyfriend pointed out, although Johnny is a great actor he can never quite forget he's watching Johnny Depp when he watches his movies... I admit I feel the same, although I'd say the better the costume, the better the character.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Hmmm.... so many types have been suggested, maybe he's not any type, just a good actor. Do any types fit that description? Nah, its prolly too general, huh?

I think he's a 4 and introvert F if anything. That might limit it down to INFJ, INFP, or ISFP. INFJ doesn't seem as likely (correct me if I'm wrong), so personally, I'm confused whether he's ISFP or INFP. I think they're a lot alike (hence the X in my own type), and I'm probably not the right person to say anything there atm.

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

He is definetely an infp. He comes across as an introvert (i), sensitive and tuned in (n), warm hearted (f) , and flexible and is able to improvise (p)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

An INFP if ever there was one.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think he's a 4 and introvert F if anything. That might limit it down to INFJ, INFP, or ISFP. INFJ doesn't seem as likely (correct me if I'm wrong), so personally, I'm confused whether he's ISFP or INFP. I think they're a lot alike (hence the X in my own type), and I'm probably not the right person to say anything there atm.
    Yeah Johnny is a 4w5 sx/sp according to sites. And I can totally agree.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Expanding View Post
    He is definetely an infp. He comes across as an introvert (i), sensitive and tuned in (n), warm hearted (f) , and flexible and is able to improvise (p)
    Um, what does being "sensitive and tuned in" have to do with any N function? It doesn't.

ISFP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Johnny Depp's definitely an INFP. Primary Fi and Aux Ne. I feel like if you're going to read someone's personality type, you have to look at their functions, and not the letters.

Evidence of Primary Fi:

"I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it." - IMDb - certainly suggests introversion and a self-protective mechanism that shields his sensitivity from the world.

" If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love - I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years - but I would eat them" - IMDb - see above

Evidence of Aux Ne:
    - Incredible actor - chameleon, shape shifting. Deep and thorough understanding of his characters that certainly suggests Ne.
    - He definitely idealizes others in certain respects. I could refer back to his family, but he talks about certain actors he admires with a kind of passionate purity that's indicative of this Aux Ne.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    Evidence of Aux Ne:
    - Incredible actor - chameleon, shape shifting. Deep and thorough understanding of his characters that certainly suggests Ne.
    - He definitely idealizes others in certain respects. I could refer back to his family, but he talks about certain actors he admires with a kind of passionate purity that's indicative of this Aux Ne.
    Neither of these things indicates aux Ne. Nope.

Are you saying that nobody but an Ne user would make an incredible actor? And that Ne users are the only ones with role models?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness