First 1234 Last

Thread: Johnny Depp

MBTI
    ERTP

...and he has good relations with his presumably S mom and girlfried

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Edit: I let Cindyrella off on that one, didn't I? I guess I'm more convinced of INFP than I let on. :blushing:
    I'm sorry, Economica...I believe he is an INFP after watching only about 3-4 minutes of the interview you posted a link to. Here's why:

First, he can't possibly be an E, there's just no way. Not only does he carry himself as an I, but do you ever hear about him throwing himself in front of the paparazzi a la Paris Hilton? Being THAT famous and still managing to fly that far under the radar on your personal time? Must be an I. Another big thing that I think identifies him as an INFP is his description of the progression he made from high school dropout to musician to actor. Nothing was planned, he kinda just fell into whatever he was doing at the time.

I don't know much about him, and being somewhat familiar with pop culture and celebrity, that is just one more reason I think he must be an I. Also, when he was asked why family is most important to him, he expressed a lot of deep-rooted feelings on the subject. This was all coming from his value system, which as I'm sure we can all see, many celebrities lose sight of very quickly. An INFP clings too tightly to his or her values to let much of anything, even celebrity, interfere.

Is that better, Economica?

MBTI
    INFP

Oh, and I find that I consider I type celebrities to be more grounded and real. Nicole Kidman and Evangeline Lilly (from Lost) are two actresses I particularly like, who are undoubtedly introverts. In fact, I think Evangeline might be an INTx from what I've read of her.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyrella View Post
    Is that better, Economica?
    Yes, thank you! Thanks also to you, TLL and Splittet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    ...and he has good relations with his presumably S mom and girlfried
    Blackwater, you and I agree both on the INFP typing and that the four N types who have T or F as their dominant function tend to get along better with Sensors than the four Ns who have N as their dominant function, but just to play the devil's advocate how certain are we that his mom and his girlfriend are S?

MBTI
    ERTP

i said presumably :steam:

but he does speak of his mother in an overcompensating manner in the actors studio interview, hinting that all is not well with the cosmos

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    i said presumably :steam:
    Was that a trap you set for me?

Seriously though, you entered the presumption as evidence of INFP, right? I had to ask because I'm actively trying not to base my typings on hunches, as we both know I am prone to.

but he does speak of his mother in an overcompensating manner in the actors studio interview, hinting that all is not well with the cosmos
    I didn't pick up that vibe. What does he say that you find indicative of overcompensation?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyrella View Post
    Oh, and I find that I consider I type celebrities to be more grounded and real. Nicole Kidman and Evangeline Lilly (from Lost) are two actresses I particularly like, who are undoubtedly introverts. In fact, I think Evangeline might be an INTx from what I've read of her.
    Small derail -- I would think Nicole to be an INFx; Evangeline is definitely I, but I know little else about her except that Lost is her first "real" acting role and that she had a strong Christian upbringing.

Actress Naomi Watts is a good friend of Nicole (they might even be roommates right now, still.. they WERE at some point after things with Tom broke off)... and she's very similar to Nicole in her demeanor and acting approach. Another INFx.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Small derail -- I would think Nicole to be an INFx; Evangeline is definitely I, but I know little else about her except that Lost is her first "real" acting role and that she had a strong Christian upbringing.

Actress Naomi Watts is a good friend of Nicole (they might even be roommates right now, still.. they WERE at some point after things with Tom broke off)... and she's very similar to Nicole in her demeanor and acting approach. Another INFx.
    I was going to say the same thing, actually, but resisted against it because I had too much else on my mind.

MBTI
    Ape

INFP
    Wyrd is a concept in Anglo-Saxon and Nordic culture roughly corresponding to fate. It is ancestral to Modern English weird, which has acquired a very different meaning.

MBTI
    ERTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Was that a trap you set for me?
    trap? oh no, I am far too interested in cheese to care about traps

i only posted this as an addendum, the case is already pretty strong. but now that you've become all serious about my one-liner, go here:

YouTube - Johnny Depp Inside the Actor's Studio (1 of 5)

and fast forward to 5:07 for indirect linies on the mom presumably being S (waitress all her life) and depp's overcompensating praise of her