User Tag List

First 56789 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I saw this movie a long time ago. Kinda liked the style of it even though I really disliked both characters (well mostly Summer...she was really obnoxious). Not the greatest movie, though it was...refreshing I guess, to see a more realistic relationship than usual.

eNTP might fit the best for Summer though I could see intp/infp/istp. The guy seems infj, could be infp/isfp/isfj.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    tom=isfj (screams isfj, and that character would never ever be in love with the smiths. he's not e4, e5, e9-- he's e2)
    :rolli: Exactly. I mean, what in their music could possibly resonate with a character like that?

summer=intp? (istp wouldn't be out of the question characterwise but zooey seems very Ne to me)
    Seems right to me.

what's zooey's enneagram? i think e5 makes more sense for her (over e3 or e7), which is why i'm more likely to say intp than entp. but she does seem so flighty for a Ti dom. yet she doesn't seem like she has nearly the same outgoing energy as any entp i've ever met, which is much more energizing. i could maybe see 5w4 so/sx? kind of appearing lighter on the surface than she actually is (often an so/sx quality)? if she's entp what enneagram would make sense for her?
    Looks like you don't need me. I agree. INTP 5w4 so/sx

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

tom=isfj (screams isfj, and that character would never ever be in love with the smiths. he's not e4, e5, e9-- he's e2)
    summer=intp? (istp wouldn't be out of the question characterwise but zooey seems very Ne to me)

i'm still amazed how people don't easily see Fe in action. all that outward enthusiasm and that awful stomach punch sinking feeling face. uggh, it hurts just thinking about it.
    Aye, he clearly was ISFJ. I wonder why people thinks he was N...

As for Summer, I think she was INFP.

Oh, and I was liking how the movie turned out to be. I'd call it a realistic romantic movie. I'd recommend this one to everyone who has had their filled with fluffy thoughts of eternal love and Prince Handsome.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I dont even know what an ISFJ looks like, but I guess he was one in this movie. I always typed him as an ENFP. Weird.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

I really enjoyed the movie. Great writing, characters, and presentation. I'm a huge fan of using revelation or "reverse dramatic irony" as the basis for driving the conflict. Movies like Memento and the Hangover adopt this plot structure to great effect. Very well done.

"You were right... it just wasn't me you were right about." <-- my favorite line from the movie
    Dance sequence with Tom was great, too. Mostly because I looooove Hall and Oates.

I could relate to Tom's character definitely, the idealizing and the heartbreak and the getting strung around bit. I could also relate to Summer, in having to deal with an idealist you're not interested in, but one part I couldn't relate to was her ability to even engage in a casual relationship. Just not who I am.

Put me down for INFP for Tom and xNTP for Summer.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

I think Summer is a literal version of an INTJ (uses Ni to see a potential "someone to dispose of", she's the most manipulative and coldest (these 2 together) movie character I've ever seen! Once she got control over Tom, she was extremely cold and impersonal, and went more and more as time went by, until she "realized" he wasn't the one, she just kind of used him to play with his emotions, which makes perfect sense for him to be an ISFP, because his primary is Fi, believing there's a right someone, when every thinking person knows there isn't, in fact, he learns it the hard way, his prize for being an Fi user...
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

i'm still amazed how people don't easily see Fe in action. all that outward enthusiasm and that awful stomach punch sinking feeling face. uggh, it hurts just thinking about it.
    The thing is, I think he is supposed to be IxFP. That's why he has the music taste & other interests he has. It's all stereotypical INFP stuff. ISFP is ruled out because Se seems totally absent.

The problem is the characters are actually pretty one-dimensional. The shy, sensitive, idealistic, feeling man is mistakenly written too ISFJ, with a shabby INFP veneer thrown on, so that it doesn't add up. I see the confusion in typing extend IRL - INFP profiles confused with ISFJ behavior. He's certainly too accommodating and not aloof enough to be an INFP. On the other hand, his idealism and imagination run rampant, and he does seem to display that need for authenticity and individuality that colors the INFP's demeanor.

Not to say that the writers had anything about MBTI in mind, but you see types pretty clearly in movies/TV/books for a reason - we all recognize them on some level as truths about people's personalities. I feel sure they were aiming for an IxFP and just missed the mark (or the actor did). The character ends up feeling underdeveloped.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I hated this movie. Didn't like the ending.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Well, Tom=ISFP, Se isn't that developed, but the Ne is completely absent here, he never considered the possibility of being manipulated by Summer (INTJ), an Ne could have had seen that, and taken measures against it, even when lost in an Fi that is dominant...
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I hated this movie. Didn't like the ending.
    You would. You would....