First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    I definitely agree that Summer is INTP. I don't see any way at all that she could be INTJ.
    It was mostly the "anal girl" comment. The only thing I was sure of was that she was a T.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    It was mostly the "anal girl" comment. The only thing I was sure of was that she was a T.

"Anal girl"=INTJ
    Can't escape the double meaning of that phrase.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I would love to have anal with an INTJ girl.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I would love to have anal with an INTJ girl.
    You dog! I bet you would.

Good luck with that
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Tom= INFJ
    Summer=INTP

I thought it was pretty good. Kinda thrown for a loop though when she sold out and pulls that 180.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Tom= INFJ
    Summer=INTP

I thought it was pretty good. Kinda thrown for a loop though when she sold out and pulls that 180.
    It was pretty surprising when she turned around and got married. I get it though. I'm kind of a believer that things happen the way they are gonna happen. You don't really have control over who you are going to fall for or not fall for. If it's there, it's there. If it's not, it's not. you get the picture...

I guess I relate to her a lot because until I knew what love was, I didn't really buy into the whole concept. Then I found someone that I fell head over heals for. Of course, it didn't turn out well because he wasn't really "the one", but good god at least now I'm open to finding out what I'm missing out on.

I just think they really did a good job with Summer of portraying some of my tendencies. That could probably take up a whole other thread on it's own... in fact, I know there are such threads out there...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    I just think they really did a good job with Summer of portraying some of my tendencies. That could probably take up a whole other thread on it's own... in fact, I know there are such threads out there...
    Yeah, I could relate to her a lot. Particularly as far as the disbelief in the concept of love, the emotional distance, and the private nature. She's portrayed as more social than I am, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, I could relate to her a lot. Particularly as far as the disbelief in the concept of love, the emotional distance, and the private nature. She's portrayed as more social than I am, though.
    Honestly, they just don't have enough INTP ladies in the movies. She's probably the only one I've really related to on such a level, so I'm pretty excited about it at the moment. She seems to be pretty confident in herself and comfortable in her skin. I did the same thing as her too, moving across country "because I was bored".

MBTI
    INTJ

Are female INTPs as socially graceful and do they possess the stylistic acuity of the Summer character? I think I am leaning INFP with second born personality (Birth Order Plus - Intro to Birth Order).

And, like others here, I peg Tom as INFJ.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    Are female INTPs as socially graceful and do they possess the stylistic acuity of the Summer character? I think I am leaning INFP with second born personality (Birth Order Plus - Intro to Birth Order).

And, like others here, I peg Tom as INFJ.
    Like I mentioned, I could not relate to her social grace, but that's just me. There are plenty of INTPs who have had to adapt more fully to the social world...she could be one of them. If you notice, however, her private life was very private, and she apparently did not divulge much personal information to anybody else but Tom (per the exact words of the narration), and that's only because he gained her trust. And if by "stylistic acuity" you mean her choice of clothing and decoration, I can't imagine why an INTP would not have good taste if that was something that was important to them.

Of course, you could say that the fact that it is important to her is a sign that she is not INTP, but I don't think that is supportable by type theory. And if you would be able to generalize that sort of thing to type stereotypes, it would probably point to her being an SFP if anything, since INFPs are also known as "head in the clouds," "little attention to concrete details like clothes" sorts of people, same as INTPs.

In any case, it's too minor and too specific a detail. It comes close to saying something like, "hmmm, perhaps she is not INTP because she enjoys kool-aid." It's better to type her based on overall behavioral patterns, and not on extraneous details. And in general she seemed to be detached, unemotional (he called her a robot in the film), and unromantic. All things that INFPs, at their core, are not (and by "at their core" I mean NOT IN PUBLIC. We all know that INFPs can "come off as" cold in their public demeanor, but with her we saw that she was pretty emotionally detached even in personal situations.)

I won't even address the birth order thing because I think it's BS. And even if it weren't, we don't know her birth order anyway so we couldn't even begin to apply it in a way that would be useful to this conversation.

My 2 cents.