Raphael (father) : ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So
    Nino : INFP 9w1 Sp/Sx
    Collognon (vegetable seller) : ESTJ 3w2 So/Sp
    Georgette (tabacco seller) : ESFP 4w3 So/Sx
    Joseph (jalouse one) : ISFJ 6w5 Sx/Sp
    Lucien (handicapped person) : ISFP 9w8 So/Sp
    Madeleine (crying neighbour) : ESFP 2w3 Sx/So
    Raymond (the painter) : ENFP 7w6 Sx/So

See all my typings here : http://mbti-databank.com/index.php?p...h&rech=poulain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

hmm i still think amelie is far too dreamy-eyed and unambitious to be INFJ. she's so silly and quirky in an Ne way and lonerish to a degree I have never seen an INFJ be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    she doesn't just help others.

she has never deeply connected with another person. and she is afraid of taking risks in which she would get hurt. she has no support structure and feels very alone. she has a beautiful vision and amazing imagination, but no outlet until she has her epiphany. this jostles her and moves her into more and more challenging situations, in which she finally meets someone with whom she can tango HER way, which involves connecting with N, Fe, and Ti before the prerequisites for Se are completed.

for infjs connecting and extraverting lean far more heavily on Fe than Se. that is how they communicate first and foremost. and with the guy she meets, she finally realizes she with him she CAN.
    hmm i still think amelie is far too dreamy-eyed and unambitious to be INFJ. she's so silly and quirky in an Ne way and lonerish to a degree I have never seen an INFJ be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    she doesn't just help others.

she has never deeply connected with another person. and she is afraid of taking risks in which she would get hurt. she has no support structure and feels very alone. she has a beautiful vision and amazing imagination, but no outlet until she has her epiphany. this jostles her and moves her into more and more challenging situations, in which she finally meets someone with whom she can tango HER way, which involves connecting with N, Fe, and Ti before the prerequisites for Se are completed.

for infjs connecting and extraverting lean far more heavily on Fe than Se. that is how they communicate first and foremost. and with the guy she meets, she finally realizes she with him she CAN.
    hmm i still think amelie is far too dreamy-eyed and unambitious to be INFJ. she's so silly and quirky in an Ne way and lonerish to a degree I have never seen an INFJ be. INFJs are less socially awkward than INFPs and push themselves to interact far more---even if they have had terrible childhoods or trauma in their past which led them to untrust ppl

everything you said in your first paragraph can be applied to INFPs as well, but to a greater5 degree. i think Amelie's imagination is so whimsical in a way INFPs' are most apt to be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Me too. I just watched it again last night. I think she's an INFJ because she gets a lot of enjoyment from the small things in life that everyone else fails to notice. Also she is busy throughout the film interacting in people's lives around her to make them better, but in an indirect way so that they're not aware of her influence. This seems *very* INFJ to me.
    hmm i think INFPs notice the little things as well. the indirectness seems more Fi than Fe to me. Fe is far more direct.