First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    she has never deeply connected with another person. and she is afraid of taking risks in which she would get hurt. she has no support structure and feels very alone. she has a beautiful vision and amazing imagination, but no outlet until she has her epiphany. this jostles her and moves her into more and more challenging situations, in which she finally meets someone with whom she can tango HER way, which involves connecting with N, Fe, and Ti before the prerequisites for Se are completed.
    I think the same thing can be argued in favor of FiNe. You forget Fi can be terribly singular at times, too, and only with the aid of Ne are we more capable of moving out of the rigidity of our dominant function and exploring and seizing opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i'm curious why everyone immediately disregarded amelie as a sensing type versus an intuitive type. although i can validly see her as an INFP or an INFJ... i just wondered why ISFP was never a consideration. she seeks many of life's little pleasures: skips stones, takes in the sites and smells of paris, photographs the clouds, gets pleasure from sinking her hand into the bag of beans... she's also a little deviant with those she considers to be of lower moral standing. she enjoys people watching and inquiring. sure, she retreats into her imagination, but she also knows how to live in the present and enjoys life's little treats.
    No, she's definitely N. The whole point of the story is that she's so stuck in her own head, dreaming of relationships between people & her own with Nino, that she never takes any action towards building these relationships for herself outside of her imagination. She's clearly starved for human interaction & contact (the first 20-25 minutes of the movie was spent outlining her early childhood for exactly that reason) but also seems paralyzed by the possibility of rejection if she were to pursue them.

I can't speak for INFJs, but this is a very common frustration for the INFP (or at least for this INFP). We dream and fantasize constantly about people and their relationships yet we have no clue how to interact with real people. INFJs have more finesse in this area. Fe usually makes them less awkward. Which is why personally I think she's INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    INFJ 9w1 Sp/Sx?
    I agree with the 9w1 sp/sx part.

4w5 sp/so could fit as well:

Enneatype Four | Self-pres/Social

This subtype is the least volatile and fiery of the type Four stackings. They can resemble type One in terms of their efficiency and practicality. Although their focus will be more on the emotional aesthetic, these Fours do have a considerable practical side. Less flashy than some of the subtypes of Four, they nevertheless have a quiet charm and developed sense of style. They are likely to value their possessions, to perhaps collect items of personal emotional significance. They may, for instance, have shelves and shelves of books and have a place for each book. This subtype can also resemble type Six in terms of having a great deal of anxiety. This anxiety often revolves around self-pres concerns such as those surrounding health issues and mortality. Their strong self-pres instinct also lends a degree of independence to this subtype. As the sexual instinct is least pronounced, this subtype of Four is prone to romanticize intimacy without actually pursuing real relationships. When healthy, these Fours can be very productive; when less healthy they might suffer from boughts of melancholy or self pity. The strong self-pres instinct however often helps these individuals to recognize how their state of mind is impacting their health and well being. This enables them to become action oriented.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I can't speak for INFJs, but this is a very common frustration for the INFP (or at least for this INFP). We dream and fantasize constantly about people and their relationships yet we have no clue how to interact with real people. INFJs have more finesse in this area. Fe usually makes them less awkward. Which is why personally I think she's INFP.
    The things described here applies to many INFJ's as well

I still stand by my theory, that she is INFP as a child and INFJ as an adult.

NPcomplete

Amelie reminds me a lot of my sister (an INFJ): the loneliness, the need to make everyone happy, the avenging-let's-fight-for-the-defenceless side, the fear of interacting with people..I'm glad our parents aren't anything like hers.

Moreover, since Amelie was an only child and her mother was dead, she would have had to invent stories to keep herself entertained. My sister and I invented (and still do) a lot of stories/fantasy worlds to keep ourselves entertained.

I don't know enough about typing to type the other characters.

Addendum: There's also not enough of the other characters to get enough evidence. I wonder if the glass man is a wisened INFX..

Stansmith

4w5, or 9w1?

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    4w5, or 9w1?
    She seemed more 9 to me- the quirky Bjork type of 9. And I thought INFJ because of her elaborate strategically laid-out plans. My brain doesn't work that way.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I think the same thing can be argued in favor of FiNe. You forget Fi can be terribly singular at times, too, and only with the aid of Ne are we more capable of moving out of the rigidity of our dominant function and exploring and seizing opportunities.

No, she's definitely N. The whole point of the story is that she's so stuck in her own head, dreaming of relationships between people & her own with Nino, that she never takes any action towards building these relationships for herself outside of her imagination. She's clearly starved for human interaction & contact (the first 20-25 minutes of the movie was spent outlining her early childhood for exactly that reason) but also seems paralyzed by the possibility of rejection if she were to pursue them.

I agree with the 9w1 sp/sx part.

4w5 sp/so could fit as well:
    To me, that sounds more like Fi than Fi/Ne. Maybe it's because I am a 4w5, but I can relate to the bolded. Especially in my childhood up to my early twenties. I'm certain I've spoken with other ISFP's who could relate to that statement as well. Maybe the 4w5 ISFP's are just more like INFP's.

I'm really late on my reply. ha.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

I just watched this again on netflix last night. Perhaps one of my favorite films of all time.

Amelie is 100% INFP, I'm not sure how people are coming up with INFJ for that character
    The rest of the characters are more or less general stereotypes...yes, the character development in this film isn't all that deep, but that's not the point...they are all there as foils to help amelie's character develop and grow. That said...

The Narrator: INFJ?
    Nino: Most likely IFP
    Raphael (Amelie's Father): ISTJ or quite possibly an unhealthy ITP
    Serge (The "Glass" Man): INJ
    Amandine (Amelie's Mother): ISTJ?

Maybe I'll do the other characters later.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Amelie - INFJ 9w1 sp/sx. INFP isn't a ridiculous typing, but she seems soooo N-dom to me, with auxiliary Feeling. I think Audrey Tautou (a probable real-life INFP) gives the character a whimsical, playful INFP vibe.
    Nino - xNFP or ISFP. definitely either 7w6 or 9.
    Raphael Poulain - ISTJ in SiFi loop
    Amandine Poulain - ISTJ
    Lucien - ISFP
    Georgette (the hypochondriac) - ISFJ
    Joseph - ESTx or EnTJ

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Amelie is an INFP through and through in every regard. I don't get how this is even up for discussion. The entire movie is an absolutely beautiful example of Fi/Ne at its best.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I wonder if the mistyping Amelie as INFJ goes hand in hand with the supposed large amount of INFPs who type themselves as INFJ.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~