User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

infps seem like they just need pure positivity around them to blossom. they don't need to talk, they just need warmth and general support. they have to come to terms with their feelings internally, on their own.

infjs need direct, specific, intense connection to blossom. if they don't feel recognized, they don't meet others halfway, they don't lose that quiet sadness and fiercely idealistic intensity underneath the surface. don't know how to take a joke, stretch, bend, etc. they need to understand their feelings based on the outer surface, discover themselves in the connection and resistance they feel when engaged with others. they have to get their Ni out into the world to get it some feedback, realize what it is worth, how it can be used, why it is valued, etc.

infp wants their values to be valued by others, but their values already have inherent value. we infjs are trying to discover the value in our percpetions, which are what we identify as ourselves (like infp identifies the self with with Fi).

this is why the painter and the boy woke her up. along with her epiphany in which she discovered a way of connecting to the world at large and the people within it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    infps seem like they just need pure positivity around them to blossom. they don't need to talk, they just need warmth and general support. they have to come to terms with their feelings internally, on their own.
    the more I read stuff like this, the more I'm really starting to suspect that I'm actually an eNFP

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

you kinda seem more Ne dom energy than Fi dom energy.

infps can be really strong and confrontational, just not all the time. they pick and choose their battles, and if they are just in the mood to be difficult, it will probably be a bit more passive aggressive and sneaky clever than in-your-face.

i would be interested to know more about the correlations between 4w3 and infp. i usually think of 3 as more of an exxp type or perhaps an ixtp type if 3w2.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

you kinda seem more Ne dom energy than Fi dom energy.

infps can be really strong and confrontational, just not all the time. they pick and choose their battles, and if they are just in the mood to be difficult, it will probably be a bit more passive aggressive and sneaky clever than in-your-face.

i would be interested to know more about the correlations between 4w3 and infp. i usually think of 3 as more of an exxp type or perhaps an ixtp type if 3w2.
    I like to debate, and sometimes the confrontation is just my sense of humor, which very well could be Ne. Passive-aggressive is not me, no not so much.

I just always thought was "I" because I need so much space and time alone to recharge, etc. But I'm extremely expressive, and like to talk things out.

In Socionics apparently I'm an ENFp.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

of course i'm just throwing out ideas.

most enps need some space and time alone to recharge. the ones who get in touch with this need usually have their shit together better than those that don't. enps need the grounding process of getting in touch with their values (Fi or Ti). just like i need the lifting lightening process of Fe to get me out of my perpetual thoughts and the ruts that they dig.

the idea of extroverted and introverted means many things, but in terms of functional analysis balance is helpful to be inner directed and outwardly flexible. good core strength.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

of course i'm just throwing out ideas.

most enps need some space and time alone to recharge. the ones who get in touch with this need usually have their shit together better than those that don't. enps need the grounding process of getting in touch with their values (Fi or Ti). just like i need the lifting lightening process of Fe to get me out of my perpetual thoughts and the ruts that they dig.

the idea of extroverted and introverted means many things, but in terms of functional analysis balance is helpful to be inner directed and outwardly flexible. good core strength.
    I've heard that ENFP is the "introverted extrovert" and that makes my ears perk up. I've been discussing this already with someone else recently, and I'm starting to seriously consider that I'm not a true INFP.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

both enp types are often called this. it is a sign of growth. that they are going to use their skills in a more directed and purposeful way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't feel this is true of INFPs, at least not me. Sometimes I need to discuss all the options outloud with someone, engaging my Ne, so that Fi has less info to sort through. Unlike Ni, we see all the options but may not narrow them down so well. It can be overwhelming and so we need someone to bounce the ideas off of. It's very helpful for me to get confirmation that I am on the right track, since my values can be so personal, and hey, they aren't always correct. I also need a verbal kick in the butt to take action sometimes, as the old man gave Amelie to pursue Nino.

I can see both INFP and INFJ in Amelie. I think being a character, she is not one definite type. She seems to have the Fi righteous anger bubbling inside and the outward Ne randomness at times. I also see Ni and Fe at times too though.

the whole film is about her overcoming her Ni anxiety/worry of putting herself out there, of taking risk, of being able to withstand and endure the terrifying threat of an Fe implosion if her dreams are destroyed by disillusionment and real life's disappointments, bruises, and scars.
    I think this could be any INFx, minus the attributions of the feelings and fear to functions.

As for her appearance, well I am generally very neatly groomed. My style can be quirky, but I'm not one for an unkempt appearance. I probably lean towards the high maintenance side for a woman, as far as grooming/style goes. Her neat apartment probably says stereotypical J, but then it is a movie, and that can be the vision of the set designers.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

the science of sleep is another film that has a similarly infj character, tho he's more petulant and thom yorkeish with awful Fe implosions.

in both of these characters, i find infj imagination is less focused on what is in front of you and more focused on weird leaps in their own imagination. Ne is more focused on creating a feeling within an extraverted construct outside of you. infjs have another stage of translation, but they have another staging area for playing around with connections representationally and testing out what it would feel like to wear each one. it loses its balance when telling a story way more, why they have such different styles as singer songwriters vs Ne + Fi or vice versa, etc.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I loved the movie too! So did the most people I know, except for my father and my grandmother, they didn't get it. I think Amelie is a INFP, her father (who reminds me a lot of my own father) could be ISTJ or INTJ, her mother seems like a ISxJ to me.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.