Thread: Mad Men

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    I don't think so. She's too commanding and organized. She's a very in charge person. She's a hard worker, and not spontaneous at all.
    This would be strong tertiary Te. Notice her management style -- brash, directive, borderline cold. Not indicative of dominant Fe at all. Her behavior around the men in her life is further more Fi than Fe, and more Se than Si. Fe-Si is more reminiscent of how Betty Draper acts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

Funny, because Joan does strike me as an Fe dominant. Her biggest assets, besides the obvious, are her people managing skills and inherent knowlege of social etiquette. She's the "den mother" of the original Sterling Cooper (doses of tough love alternating with a protective streak). She's very much socially conscious and status-seeking. I think she is a vivacious ESFJ (see Jennifer Lopez?) but that on the J-P scale she only moderately prefers J.

What are some examples of her Fi? I'm curious.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Mad Men

I thought this may have already existed, if so, merge blah blah blah.

Don Draper - ISTP

Betty Draper - ISFJ

Peggy Olsen - INFJ

Joan Holloway Harris - ESFP

Pete Campbell - ENTP

Roger Sterling - ESTJ

Paul Kinsey - ENFJ

Ken Cosgrove - ISFP ?

Bert Cooper - INFP

Sal Romano - ESFJ

Trudy Campbell - ESFJ

Francine Hanson - ISFP

Lacking in, though not missing, acquaintances with ENTJs in real life, I thought Draper was one of them. I only saw the first season; in that, my favorite character was Cooper.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Really? Don Draper an extrovert? I see him as very much being an introvert.

If there's anyone I thought maybe could be ENTJ it's Roger Sterling. I couldn't decide to go ESTJ or ENTJ for him, honestly.

Cooper is a hoot. He's so obviously INxx, but I went with INFP because he's so pointedly eccentric, and in some episodes seems to absolutely not even know what the fuck is going on lol, and yet he's so wise...

Betty Draper is my favorite character, though I honestly probably identify more with a weird hybrid between Peggy and Joan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Really? Don Draper an extrovert? I see him as very much being an introvert.
    I assumed that extraversion does not preclude moments of not wanting to be the center of attention. But it was more a guess than an assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Cooper is a hoot. He's so obviously INxx, but I went with INFP because he's so pointedly eccentric, and in some episodes seems to absolutely not even know what the fuck is going on lol, and yet he's so wise...
    He appreciates Ayn Rand. Some sort of INT?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh well I didn't mean it in any sort of bad way, it just surprised me. He seems pretty secretive, and really appears to think before he speaks. Don is quite reflective in his way, and yet he lives in the moment. In the second season he even says things like, "That never happened. I don't think about it." which seems STP to me. He seems to be fighting some internal war of following his impulses and being loyal to his family. Overall he just gives me a more P vibe than his wife or his boss, too.

It's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I assumed that extraversion does not preclude moments of not wanting to be the center of attention. But it was more a guess than an assessment.
    We once made the distinction between social extroversion and mbti extroversion. While in mbti an extrovert is someone who primarily seeks for the opinion of others when deciding on a topic, a social extrovert would more fall into the category of being the life of the party and center of attention. We once had this in combination with a topic about entp's, who all felt introverted and who judged by themselves according to their lifestyles that they are introverted. But well, socially introverted; to separate the two made a lot of sense, because as you often can see just being an I doesnt make you socially introverted aswell. On the contrary, many Is even sit in political positions where they are often in the media.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    While in mbti an extrovert is someone who primarily seeks for the opinion of others when deciding on a topic
    This should be framed and posted on a wall. Thank you, entropie.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    We once made the distinction between social extroversion and mbti extroversion. While in mbti an extrovert is someone who primarily seeks for the opinion of others when deciding on a topic, a social extrovert would more fall into the category of being the life of the party and center of attention. We once had this in combination with a topic about entp's, who all felt introverted and who judged by themselves according to their lifestyles that they are introverted. But well, socially introverted; to separate the two made a lot of sense, because as you often can see just being an I doesnt make you socially introverted aswell. On the contrary, many Is even sit in political positions where they are often in the media.
    Agree, I noticed that Ne/Se is more about others ideas/actions(Se?) when it comes opinions. And Fe/Te is more about how others judge them or their opinion of them. Something like that.