User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    i know no more than death in venice but infp makes more sense to me. weighty writing and feels very Fi and not Fe.

  2. #12
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i know no more than death in venice but infp makes more sense to me. weighty writing and feels very Fi and not Fe.
    Yeah I've read that too and I get the same feeling.

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i want to talk about lester bangs and chuck klosterman. both infs, but j or p i am undecided.
    I've heard INFP for Bangs, and I alos think that Klosterman is an INFx.

    Also you may be on to something with Joyce as an INTJ.
    4w5 sp

  3. #13
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    are you sure i wasn't the one saying infp for lester bangs? i like to think outloud, at times. i need to watch some interviews to come up with something more conclusive.

    klosterman is so judgy, but my gut is that it's more infp judgy than infj judgy. i feel like infps identify with him far more than infjs do. i get the sense of Ne more than Ni. like his which would you rather do questions at the beginning of chapters (in killing yourself to live, i think?). he doesn't seem particularly organized in his perceptions, but he is acutely aware of his values. and they are tied to his perceptions in a "quirky" infp kind of way (and very interesting/funny as a result).

  4. #14
    Senior Member Killjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Bukowski is IXFP; Definitely not an extravert.

    I thought Kafka was INFJ? It makes more sense to me than INTP.

  5. #15
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    Bukowski is IXFP; Definitely not an extravert.

    I thought Kafka was INFJ? It makes more sense to me than INTP.
    the intps were extremely confident he was an intp. they made a pretty convincing case, but i would be interested to know if anyone has read his journals or diaries?

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Joyce just seems more NF to me with strong T (but maybe he's an NT with strong F?). Look at these quotes:
    James Joyce - Wikiquote

  7. #17
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    Joyce just seems more NF to me with strong T (but maybe he's an NT with strong F?). Look at these quotes:
    James Joyce - Wikiquote
    Yeah I think he's NF. You just have to read the largely autobiographical Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man to see that. iNFP.
    4w5 sp

  8. #18
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    i don't have any idea why those quotations mean nf? he is concerned about art and a philosophy for aesthetics. (in these quotations) his writing reminds me of intj philosophers and is organized similarly to some of nietzsche's works like the gay science.

    and this is neither here nor there, but for the most part, i find nf to be a useless abstraction. i find it much more valuable to guess based on cognitive functions. otherwise anyone who writes a novel is nf unless they totally neglect characters.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i don't have any idea why those quotations mean nf? he is concerned about art and a philosophy for aesthetics. (in these quotations) his writing reminds me of intj philosophers and is organized similarly to some of nietzsche's works like the gay science.

    and this is neither here nor there, but for the most part, i find nf to be a useless abstraction. i find it much more valuable to guess based on cognitive functions. otherwise anyone who writes a novel is nf unless they totally neglect characters.
    You make a good point. I haven't read Nietzsche so I wouldn't be able to see the similarities, but I'll take your word. I'm interested in how you guess based on the cognitive functions. For example, what makes a novelist Fe dom, and so on for each function? You seem to have a deep understanding of this.

  10. #20
    HUZZAH! Bougal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Victor Hugo is an INFJ.


    Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

Similar Threads

  1. DN's Author Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
  2. DN's Author Type List III
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 03:07 PM
  3. DN's Author Type List VI
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
  4. DN's Author Type List V
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 09:41 AM
  5. DN's Author Type List II
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO