• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Author Type List IV

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
the intps were extremely confident he was an intp. they made a pretty convincing case, but i would be interested to know if anyone has read his journals or diaries?

I guess everyone can agree on the Ti + Fe.

Kafka seems to inhabit a world more of his own creation; Not that this isn't a trait among INTPs, but it seems to derive more from Ni-Abstraction over Ti- Abstraction.

Also, Kafka's feeling seems too well developed to be (even an atypical) INTP. What is most telling to me though, is his obsession with his diet and physical fitness (to the point of becoming anorexic). There was no reason for it - It was just an outright obsession. Inferior Extraverted sensing?

As for Joyce, I always saw him as INxP - Actually leaning more toward INTP, due to the linguistic theatrics of his work and his humor, but I supose INFP (or J, even) could be possible.

Here's a quote from Beckett:

James Joyce was a synthesizer, trying to bring in as much as he could. I am an analyzer, trying to leave out as much as I can.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ESTP - "The Promoter".

Winston Churchill and Norman Mailer were quite clearly this type.

Byron and Donne are the same type. They are both ExTP, but which?

I'm hearing ISFP for Hemingway. This is the man who shot at his wife whilst she was in the bathtub, fortunately missing her, but the bullet going through the tub because she had his favourite tree removed. Typical ISFP behaviour? Okay, not typical anyone behaviour, but more likely the action of an ESTP than an ISFP.

On another point, what about Stendhal and Hart Crane's types?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here's a point: most of the INTP writers w/could be classified as eccentrics.