• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gundam Characters MBTI

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I am going to rename the title of this thread because I want this to be more searchable in google. Feel free to build on the list and change it(but please explain). For those who are not familar with gundam, these are the main characters.

Gundam Villains:

Char Aznable
Ghiren Zabi
Rau Le Cresuet
Patrick Zala

Gundam Heros:

Amuro Ray
Kira Yamato
Athrun Zala
Lacus Cline
Cagalli
Dearka Elsman

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Mobile Suit Gundam

Char Aznable: ENTP
Ghiren Zabi: ENTJ
Bright Noa: ESTJ
Amuro Ray: ISTP

Gundam Seed

ZAFT

Athrun Zala: INTP/ENTP/INFP (because of strong Fi)
Rau Le Crueset: INTJ
Patrick Zala: ENTJ
Dearka Elsman: ESTP
Yzak Jule: ESTJ

Orb Alliance

Kira Yamato: INFJ
Cagalli: INFP
Lacus Cline: ENFJ

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Char Aznable: ENTP

Based on his strong visionary motivations, I'd have to disagree. ENTJ.

I'm not sure about Amuro.

Athrun Zala: INTP/ENTP/INFP (because of strong Fi)
He has a strong drive to act and/or decide and he does it within technical protocol. I'd say IxTJ.

Kira Yamato: INFJ
Most likely the highest Fi in the story. IxFP.

Cagalli: INFP
ISFJ.

Lacus Cline: ENFJ

Quite, though I'm prone to think INFJ.

Atomic Fiend

Amuro Ray - INTP
Bright Nao - ESTJ
Char Azneble - ENTJ
Kai Shiden - ENTP
Frau Brow - ExFJ
Hayato - ISTJ
Ryu - ISFP
Sayla Mass - ISFJ
Slegger Law - ESTP
Mirai Yashima - ESFJ
Katz - ENTJ

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
...how could one possibly guess ENTP for Char Aznable? Char displays absolutely no Ne, nor any Ti - he does, however, very strongly display Te and Ni, that is to say the primary functions of an ENTJ. He is additionally quite the meticulous planner, further pointing to him being a judger. Indeed, I'd argue he's one of the best examples of a fictional ENTJ. The alternate universe presented in Gundam Wing has another perfect example of an ENTJ in Treize Khushrenda, who is in essence a Char Aznable expy.

As for Kira Yamato, I had actually taken him for an INTJ with a well-developed tertiary Fi. His Fi and Ni seem rather tied for dominance in him, which would by default make him an INTJ or an ISFP, with a powerful tertiary in either case. His Te strikes me as stronger than his Se, however, pointing more in the direction of INTJ. If we subject him to letter-based analysis as well, he is far more of a big-picture, future-oriented individual (thus, N), and is more the type to plan ahead and make immediate decisions rather than pondering various options (thus, J).

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As for Kira Yamato, I had actually taken him for an INTJ with a well-developed tertiary Fi. His Fi and Ni seem rather tied for dominance in him, which would by default make him an INTJ or an ISFP, with a powerful tertiary in either case. His Te strikes me as stronger than his Se, however, pointing more in the direction of INTJ. If we subject him to letter-based analysis as well, he is far more of a big-picture, future-oriented individual (thus, N), and is more the type to plan ahead and make immediate decisions rather than pondering various options (thus, J).

I don't really see any significant Je in Kira, and I believe that to be one of the reasons why Dom Fi makes the most sense. He is calm and overly amicable even in the beginning where development is expected less. I believe this is also one of his signature traits? One of the origins of his naivety and yet "peaceful", sort of Kenshin-esque, fighting?

I am not sure about his information preference. Though I know one thing for certain: He is an idealist.

He doesn't show any signs of Ne but he seems to have significant Ni. In the end, I'd lean on to INFP. [because development is not the case here(see early episodes)]

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
...how could one possibly guess ENTP for Char Aznable? Char displays absolutely no Ne, nor any Ti - he does, however, very strongly display Te and Ni, that is to say the primary functions of an ENTJ. He is additionally quite the meticulous planner, further pointing to him being a judger. Indeed, I'd argue he's one of the best examples of a fictional ENTJ. The alternate universe presented in Gundam Wing has another perfect example of an ENTJ in Treize Khushrenda, who is in essence a Char Aznable expy.

Umm no dude, a perfect copy of Char Aznable would be Zechs Marquise.

But I am willing to listen to your point of view.
I simply don't see any Te Ni in Char, so please justify.
Ghiren Zabi would be far more ENTJ than Char.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But I am willing to listen to your point of view.
I simply don't see any Te Ni in Char, so please justify.

This is all I can find in the internet:

“ The old generation can't build the new era! ”
—Quattro Bajeena, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

"Blame It on the misfortune of your birth." - Char Aznable

"One must always plan a few steps ahead in battle."

"The life of a soldier is the only one I know. That's why I can never settle down."

"It is not the elderly that creates a new generation!"

His political speech in front of Federation Assembly in Dakar, which is broadcast throughout Earth and Space, is one of the most important events in the U.C. Gundam timeline. It seals Char's total commitment toward space colonization and migration of humanity to space.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGU5Z7ZZuFI"]There[/YOUTUBE]

His ideals seems Ni based but I may be missing something important---perhaps a personal tragic motivation that pushed him towards the cause.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I don't think Char is a planner though.

Because he mostly adapts to circumstances and manipulates people to fit into his goals.
And he was known to be very chameleon. he had multiple alias, and is almost like a shapeshifter. I don't see him strategically planning to do what he wanted to do at the end. There is alot of flexibility in what he plans to do, there doesn't seem to be a linear plan to go from point A to point B.

Like he almost got sidetracked into killing amuro when he wanted he killed the Zabi family and avenged his father.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think Char is a planner though.

Because he mostly adapts to circumstances and manipulates people to fit into his goals.
And he was known to be very chameleon. he had multiple alias, and is almost like a shapeshifter. I don't see him strategically planning to do what he wanted to do at the end. There is alot of flexibility in what he plans to do, there doesn't seem to be a linear plan to go from point A to point B.

Like he almost got sidetracked into killing amuro when he wanted he killed the Zabi family and avenged his father.

I remember him[in-game] being quite playful as well. Could be but I wished we had more videos.