User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Post Gundam Characters MBTI

    I am going to rename the title of this thread because I want this to be more searchable in google. Feel free to build on the list and change it(but please explain). For those who are not familar with gundam, these are the main characters.

    Gundam Villains:

    Char Aznable
    Ghiren Zabi
    Rau Le Cresuet
    Patrick Zala


    Gundam Heros:

    Amuro Ray
    Kira Yamato
    Athrun Zala
    Lacus Cline
    Cagalli
    Dearka Elsman
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  2. #2
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Mobile Suit Gundam

    Char Aznable: ENTP
    Ghiren Zabi: ENTJ
    Bright Noa: ESTJ
    Amuro Ray: ISTP


    Gundam Seed

    ZAFT

    Athrun Zala: INTP/ENTP/INFP (because of strong Fi)
    Rau Le Crueset: INTJ
    Patrick Zala: ENTJ
    Dearka Elsman: ESTP
    Yzak Jule: ESTJ

    Orb Alliance

    Kira Yamato: INFJ
    Cagalli: INFP
    Lacus Cline: ENFJ
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  3. #3
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post

    Char Aznable: ENTP
    Based on his strong visionary motivations, I'd have to disagree. ENTJ.

    I'm not sure about Amuro.



    Athrun Zala: INTP/ENTP/INFP (because of strong Fi)
    He has a strong drive to act and/or decide and he does it within technical protocol. I'd say IxTJ.


    Kira Yamato: INFJ
    Most likely the highest Fi in the story. IxFP.

    Cagalli: INFP
    ISFJ.

    Lacus Cline: ENFJ
    Quite, though I'm prone to think INFJ.

  4. #4
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    Amuro Ray - INTP
    Bright Nao - ESTJ
    Char Azneble - ENTJ
    Kai Shiden - ENTP
    Frau Brow - ExFJ
    Hayato - ISTJ
    Ryu - ISFP
    Sayla Mass - ISFJ
    Slegger Law - ESTP
    Mirai Yashima - ESFJ
    Katz - ENTJ

  5. #5
    Senior Member Harold Saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    137

    Default

    ...how could one possibly guess ENTP for Char Aznable? Char displays absolutely no Ne, nor any Ti - he does, however, very strongly display Te and Ni, that is to say the primary functions of an ENTJ. He is additionally quite the meticulous planner, further pointing to him being a judger. Indeed, I'd argue he's one of the best examples of a fictional ENTJ. The alternate universe presented in Gundam Wing has another perfect example of an ENTJ in Treize Khushrenda, who is in essence a Char Aznable expy.

    As for Kira Yamato, I had actually taken him for an INTJ with a well-developed tertiary Fi. His Fi and Ni seem rather tied for dominance in him, which would by default make him an INTJ or an ISFP, with a powerful tertiary in either case. His Te strikes me as stronger than his Se, however, pointing more in the direction of INTJ. If we subject him to letter-based analysis as well, he is far more of a big-picture, future-oriented individual (thus, N), and is more the type to plan ahead and make immediate decisions rather than pondering various options (thus, J).

  6. #6
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post

    As for Kira Yamato, I had actually taken him for an INTJ with a well-developed tertiary Fi. His Fi and Ni seem rather tied for dominance in him, which would by default make him an INTJ or an ISFP, with a powerful tertiary in either case. His Te strikes me as stronger than his Se, however, pointing more in the direction of INTJ. If we subject him to letter-based analysis as well, he is far more of a big-picture, future-oriented individual (thus, N), and is more the type to plan ahead and make immediate decisions rather than pondering various options (thus, J).
    I don't really see any significant Je in Kira, and I believe that to be one of the reasons why Dom Fi makes the most sense. He is calm and overly amicable even in the beginning where development is expected less. I believe this is also one of his signature traits? One of the origins of his naivety and yet "peaceful", sort of Kenshin-esque, fighting?

    I am not sure about his information preference. Though I know one thing for certain: He is an idealist.

    He doesn't show any signs of Ne but he seems to have significant Ni. In the end, I'd lean on to INFP. [because development is not the case here(see early episodes)]

  7. #7
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post
    ...how could one possibly guess ENTP for Char Aznable? Char displays absolutely no Ne, nor any Ti - he does, however, very strongly display Te and Ni, that is to say the primary functions of an ENTJ. He is additionally quite the meticulous planner, further pointing to him being a judger. Indeed, I'd argue he's one of the best examples of a fictional ENTJ. The alternate universe presented in Gundam Wing has another perfect example of an ENTJ in Treize Khushrenda, who is in essence a Char Aznable expy.
    Umm no dude, a perfect copy of Char Aznable would be Zechs Marquise.


    But I am willing to listen to your point of view.
    I simply don't see any Te Ni in Char, so please justify.
    Ghiren Zabi would be far more ENTJ than Char.

  8. #8
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    But I am willing to listen to your point of view.
    I simply don't see any Te Ni in Char, so please justify.
    This is all I can find in the internet:

    “ The old generation can't build the new era! ”
    —Quattro Bajeena, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

    "Blame It on the misfortune of your birth." - Char Aznable

    "One must always plan a few steps ahead in battle."

    "The life of a soldier is the only one I know. That's why I can never settle down."

    "It is not the elderly that creates a new generation!"

    His political speech in front of Federation Assembly in Dakar, which is broadcast throughout Earth and Space, is one of the most important events in the U.C. Gundam timeline. It seals Char's total commitment toward space colonization and migration of humanity to space.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGU5Z7ZZuFI"]There[/YOUTUBE]

    His ideals seems Ni based but I may be missing something important---perhaps a personal tragic motivation that pushed him towards the cause.

  9. #9
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    I don't think Char is a planner though.

    Because he mostly adapts to circumstances and manipulates people to fit into his goals.
    And he was known to be very chameleon. he had multiple alias, and is almost like a shapeshifter. I don't see him strategically planning to do what he wanted to do at the end. There is alot of flexibility in what he plans to do, there doesn't seem to be a linear plan to go from point A to point B.

    Like he almost got sidetracked into killing amuro when he wanted he killed the Zabi family and avenged his father.

  10. #10
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I don't think Char is a planner though.

    Because he mostly adapts to circumstances and manipulates people to fit into his goals.
    And he was known to be very chameleon. he had multiple alias, and is almost like a shapeshifter. I don't see him strategically planning to do what he wanted to do at the end. There is alot of flexibility in what he plans to do, there doesn't seem to be a linear plan to go from point A to point B.

    Like he almost got sidetracked into killing amuro when he wanted he killed the Zabi family and avenged his father.
    I remember him[in-game] being quite playful as well. Could be but I wished we had more videos.

Similar Threads

  1. Matrix characters MBTI
    By Ingenue in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2017, 10:57 AM
  2. Shakespearean Characters MBTI (Two plays at a time currently, but feel free to add)
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 05:57 PM
  3. Fictional characters MBTI type
    By lazyhappy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 271
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 11:50 AM
  4. Fictional Characters MBTI Types
    By Abbey in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 11:35 PM
  5. Gundam Characters
    By yenom in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 06:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO