User Tag List

First 12

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Sounds more Se dom to me, but I didn't read the book. ESxP just from your descriptions.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Fair enough, a lot of his letters and personal writings and such are just soooo Ne scrambled though, it's absurd. The way he just absolutely refused to do anything he hadn't completely invented himself, his Ti-riddled in-depth descriptions of bass technique (check out his instructional DVD if you're at all interested, it's very cool.)

It all screams absolute weirdo ENTP to me, right down to the tragic death. One old jazz dude described him, "A freak of nature that wasn't supposed to happen and ain't never gonna happen again!"
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Fair enough, a lot of his letters and personal writings and such are just soooo Ne scrambled though, it's absurd. The way he just absolutely refused to do anything he hadn't completely invented himself, his Ti-riddled in-depth descriptions of bass technique (check out his instructional DVD if you're at all interested, it's very cool.)

It all screams absolute weirdo ENTP to me, right down to the tragic death. One old jazz dude described him, "A freak of nature that wasn't supposed to happen and ain't never gonna happen again!"
    Just read his Wiki and it mentioned Bipolar Disorder and that he also suffered bouts of Hypomania, which makes him nearly impossible to type. The effects were likely exacerbated by his substance abuse and such. Descriptions of his childhood made me think Se dom, not to mention the wiki said there has been controversy over Bill Milkowski's biography from Pat Metheny and Jaco's second wife.

Regardless, I'm listening to his stuff on youtube and I'm blown away. I'm going to slap my brother [bass player himself] for not mentioning him earlier.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Submitted for your approval, the biggest case of explosive Fi since Dukakis jumped the Snake River Canyon!

How do I think I have any specific information from which to build a profile on Jaco? Hmm....could it maybe have something to do with the 250+ page biography written by close friends and family and chock full of firsthand accounts of his words and actions?

Naaaaah, I don't see how THAT would help.

I don't find your criticisms particularly necessary to rebut, given that anyone with any remote familiarity with my posting history is well aware that I've typed dozens of famous people from all across the board in virtually every type. I just finished a Michael Jackson thread (actually one of my favorite people to study to vocal technique) where I adamantly typed him as ISFP, not to mention my continual insistence on Thom Yorke as INFJ (another favorite), Billy Corgan as ENFJ, Paul McCartney (my favorite Beatle despite John being a clear NTP, by the way) as ESFP, etc. etc.

So in conclusion, if you had any idea of the vast amount of context readily available around this message board that completely destroys any and all point you may have had here, you probably wouldn't have made it in the first place.

Perhaps if you'd lay off huffing the Fi bottle for a moment and allow your Ne to, I dunno, read a few of my other posts before you declare me a raging ENTP-overtyper just to feed my own ego, you'd recognize a few problems with your approach before letting Fi douse my thread with thirty-six gallons of tears.

Here, just for you, to do something about those tears while simultaneously paying homage to Maddox:

So you use your addiction to typing others are somehow proof-positive of what? your ability to do so?
    I wasn't crying, just expressing my disdain for your childish approach. You aren't interested in proving anything, since there is no way to know if you're correct anyway. You're only interested in supporting your silly little boy's ego with a bunch of unprovable nonsense. This is also clearly shown by your use of the J&J bottle. Could I have expected otherwise from someone like you?
    As for MBTI, I find it so crude and vague, you might as well se your extensive knowledge of Jaco to come to some equally useless 'conclusion' about his astrological sign. Afterall, your read a whole 250 pages about him. wow.

Have fun in the sandbox, rational boy. I'm going back to the grownup's table.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

lol

"A bunch of unprovable nonsense"

I do believe we have a mistyped N on our hands, my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Regardless, I'm listening to his stuff on youtube and I'm blown away. I'm going to slap my brother [bass player himself] for not mentioning him earlier.
    Nice choice of words.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

story checks out to me, if you figure out more, post it.

anyone who thinks finding common ground with your musical/artistic/____ influences and recognizing type similarities/differences is a negative thing is ridiculous.

i love figuring out infjs and getting a sense of what other infjs create/contribute. it gives you an opportunity to compare notes and do something informed by others but different, aim for a new synthesis, alter current discourse in a way that you can put your own stamp on it.

also, simulatedworld, you're pushy but i like your typings, ideas, input, etc. you're knowledgeable, others can be too, but it's a message-board and everyone can take everyone else's opinion with a grain of salt. i'd like to hear more of your typings.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Jaco was awesome, but I am more of a James Jamerson kinda guy. Interesting that both were drunk crazies who died young. Jaco also loved James and The Funk Brothers.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"