User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The John Hale in the movie is protrayed as being deeply caring, deeply devout, and when he suddenly finds he has been wrong, he admits it and does all he can to try and correct the damage. To me that doesn't speak of arrogance. He has confidence in his religious learning but not to the point of arrogance, jmo. Think on his mercy to the girls, even when Abigail admits she drank blood. He is interested more in mercy than justice, an F question on MBTI tests.

An F can be an intellectual but they will tend to focus on humanities or religion. Why does the fact that he studies so hard make people want to pin him as a T? He has passion for his religion that to me seems very F and his passion leads him to study it (a values based decision). Think on how emotional he gets in the interogations compared to the stony demeanor of Danforth.
    Oh, wait... this was about the MOVIE? I read the book. Never mind.

I'll let you know what I think when I actually watch the movie. I just saw "The Crucible" and assumed I knew what it was about.

I remember hearing someone say this about the book, and remember it rather clearly, thinking it was accurate:

"When he first arrives in Salem, Hale can be described as young and inexperienced, yet eager to apply his knowledge on witchcraft. He also brings a condescending attitude and thinks of himself to as, 'allied with the best minds of Europe-kings, philosophers, and its preservation'"

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My Grandma has been showing me our family tree and John Proctor is there... all of the schizophrenics are on that side of the family.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    Hmm yeah, INTJ is what I would have thought of first as well actually. But when I think of the intense guilt and despair he feels at the end, where he's desperate to make John Proctor confess for his own emotional need to not be responsible for his death, I think F. Hm. Did he start off as a T and then his F took over? Or maybe because he's a tool put in the play to serve a certain dramatic purpose, and therefore we can't type him fully. I think INxJ definitely- maybe he's a mixed F and T, if that's possible. *shrugs*
    I'd definately recommend (if you haven't already) renting the movie from Netflix and watching the movie with the director's commentary on, you can find it in the "special features" section on the DVD. Arthur Miller himself talks during the whole movie about what he intended to say and things like that. It's extremely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Oh, wait... this was about the MOVIE? I read the book. Never mind.
    Well, I could have been clearer about it.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I'd definately recommend (if you haven't already) renting the movie from Netflix and watching the movie with the director's commentary on, you can find it in the "special features" section on the DVD. Arthur Miller himself talks during the whole movie about what he intended to say and things like that. It's extremely interesting.

Well, I could have been clearer about it.
    I have the DVD! (and the book too!) - just haven't watched the special features yet. But I shall definitely look into it! Thankyou.