• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tintin

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tintin: INFP
Snowie: ESTP
Captain Haddock: ESTJ
Professor Calculus: INTP
Thomson and Thompson: ISTJs
Bianca Castafiore: ESFP
Nestor: ISFJ
General Alcazar: ENTP
Jolyon Wagg: ESFP
Emir Ben Kalish Ezab: ISFJ
Abdullah: ESTP
Chang: INFP
Dr Müller: ISTP
Rastapopoulos: ENTJ
Allan: ESTP
Szut: ISFP

R

Riva

Tintin: ISFP (obviously. He is way too adventurous to be an INFP. And the title of the book is adventures(SP SP SP) of Tin Tin. Not Fantasies(INFP) of TinTin.)

Snowie: ESTP
Captain Haddock: ESTJ
Professor Calculus: INTP

Thomson and Thompson: ISFJs (ISTJ are not clumsy. They fear getting rediculed. Yes these two guys don't want to be ridiculed. But they do so many stupid clumsy things that an ISTJ would never do)

Bianca Castafiore: ESFJ (not ESFP. Classically well mannered + EXTREMELY ANNOYING)

Nestor: ISFJ (ISTJ not ISFJ. typical reserved observant bore)

General Alcazar:(can't remember. but i seriously doubt that he is an ENTP. but can't remember though. You could be right)

Jolyon Wagg: ESFP
Emir Ben Kalish Ezab: ISFJ
Abdullah: ESTP

Rastapopoulos: ENTJ(oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Chang: INFP (i think ISFP. can't remember)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I've missed that thread!:doh:

Tintin: ISFP (obviously. He is way too adventurous to be an INFP. And the title of the book is adventures(SP SP SP) of Tin Tin. Not Fantasies(INFP) of TinTin.)

Yeah, OK

Thomson and Thompson: ISFJs (ISTJ are not clumsy. They fear getting rediculed. Yes these two guys don't want to be ridiculed. But they do so many stupid clumsy things that an ISTJ would never do)
Er.. ISTJs can be stupid too. T&T are not feeler at all; they respect the law and they've sown many times in the comics that they're ready to arrest Tintin without strong state of mind if they receive the order to do it, even if Tintin is their friend.

Bianca Castafiore: ESFJ (not ESFP. Classically well mannered + EXTREMELY ANNOYING)
Bianca Castafiore is a performer and she's very able to improvise.

Nestor: ISFJ (ISTJ not ISFJ. typical reserved observant bore)
I think he's rather ISTJ, yeah.

General Alcazar:(can't remember. but i seriously doubt that he is an ENTP. but can't remember though. You could be right)
The General Alcazar is very extrovert and delirious. He combines a leanigs to act according with logic a great warmth, in a Ti/Fe balance. He always want power and to make "revolution" but without any project associated. He could also be ESTP but I'm not sure. Peggy Alcazar is a total ESTJ, lol, and there's a relation of benefit between her and the general, so I rather think ENTP.

Rastapopoulos: ENTJ(oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh)
:D

Chang: INFP (i think ISFP. can't remember)
Chang is more dreamy than Tintin.. Looks more INFP for me. If he is not, I don't see who could be INFP in that comics seriously. Szut is a total ISFP, him.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sub and I had typed Captain Haddock and Snowey both as ESTPs a couple of years ago... and Tintin as a IxFP, though I'd say that S was it since he's not off on flights of fancy ever

Professor Calculus is totally the epitome of INTP-ness and Gen Alcazar is either a really crazy ESTP (we're talking delusional!) or a sane ENTP ;)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've intially considered ESTP for Captain Haddock, but I don't think he is. He hav'nt the adventurous and stimulation seeker side of ESTPs. He's a man who enjoys confort and familiar environments, likely to play a role of well-etablished gentleman at the Moulinsart Castle. He's very impulive and dominator but alternate with some moments of great depression whe his inferior Fi is violated, or cry for his mom when he's unhealthy. He's Te-dom but I don't especially see Ti in him. I say he's ESTJ. There's a sort of relation of supervision between him and Tintin. Captain Haddock and Snowey have very much in common, but think that Hergé wanted to create a character with an higher contrast with Tintin.

General Alcazar is actually totally ESTP yeah, lol! Sane? Really? Yes, if we except his megalomania and the fact that he's submit by his tyranic ESTJ wife.:D

R

Riva

Well hello, I totally forgot about this thread.
Er.. ISTJs can be stupid too. T&T are not feeler at all; they respect the law and they've sown many times in the comics that they're ready to arrest Tintin without strong state of mind if they receive the order to do it, even if Tintin is their friend.

Fe s respect the law too. infact in my experience (Not MBTI knowledge) I have noticed that ISFJs are far more law abiding than ISTJs. And I've seen plenty of ISTJs who'll break the law if they think it's stupid, useless or are TOO BORED to follow it. On the other hand ISFJs seem a bit more stubborn in their ways therefore not break the rules and somewhat frightened to do so.

But then again, you could be right. I barely remember the story. Their traits seem to be ISTJish but their actions seem to be ISFJish.

R

Riva

Oh, but I still BELIEVE Tintin is a ISFP.

The best thing about that character is his approach to life. He has such simple plans and quick actions it’s what makes things interesting. That screams SP.

In a course of a week he would travel to two three countries wearing the same underpants ;). Packs his bag and follows a trail. Who's going to save him if he falls in trouble? No one. Does he tell anyone before he goes anywhere? No. What I am trying to say is he doesn't plan too much. That's ISFP to me compared to INFP. An INFP would think about traveling to all those countries than actually do so ;). Infact they would probably not even leave the room. Besides who's going to feed their cats? (And Tintin has a Dog ;).)

And his stunts? He is ready to fight if he has to. And he does this in the most SP fashion. He rarely gets mad but is ready to kick ass if he loses it. (And who could not remember his right Jab.) I can’t even picture an INFP punching people in their faces. To be honest I can’t picture ISFPs doing so either. But I could picture an ISFP with a well developed Se punching people.

He writes what he sees around him. The world around him. He doesn't emphasize on the philosophical aspects, but simply stick to what he sees and states the facts. We don't see him ever thinking, what the world is going to be like. He simply states what he sees. That's 'S' more than 'N'.

R

Riva

^ lolz. Rastapopoulos is the only bugger who plans anything in that series and he loses all the time. very very frustrating. ENTJ Vs ISFP. Moths and months of planning Vs gut feeling reactions.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes,I agree.^^ He is ISFP. Alcazar is ESTP.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I read quite a few Tintin books a couple of weeks ago, and I kept pegging him as an xxTP (mostly ENTP and ISTP). His method of deduction seems redolent of Ti. I don't quite discern the Fi, which is apparently his dominant function according to the general opinion here. Tintin takes on cases to satisfy his thirst for adventure and excitement. Or maybe, I need to read more of 'em Tintin.