• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Edward de Bono

Lotr246

I've been reading one of his books, de Bono's Thinking Course, and couldn't help but conclude that he must be an INTJ. The concept of Lateral Thinking (his own term) seems to be Ni: shifting patterns/perspectives. The Te shows up in how business-oriented his examples are and the ways he suggests making decisions (i.e. a Matrix Method). Anyone else read some of his books? Here's a clip:

YouTube - Edward de Bono on creative thinking

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
*nods* I've read some of his books in the past and INTJ is a good fit. Certainly provocation he mentioned in the clip (actually a concept/tool he brings up in many of his books) is Ni in action. Examining the idea from a different and "provocative" angle and to see where it brings you... so that you don't know your own conclusions until you expressed your thoughts. I find that I do that a lot... and I attribute it to pure Ni.

wolfy

awsm
INTJ seems to fit from the books I've read. Though I don't know much about his personal life. I have quite a few of his books though.