User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Gary is totally an INTP. He is crazy I. Very very reserved, doesn't like to leave his shell (perfect metaphor), he is a literal and figural snail!

He is also very stubborn which hints to extreme Introversion. "Nothing you can say or do to me will change my opinion."
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not a fan of post-movie Spongebob, so these typings are based on episodes before the movie.

Spongebob: ENFX. He seems fairly balanced on the J/P line - on one hand, he likes structure and is very much a clean freak; on the other hand, he has a somewhat erratic thought process and can be spontaneous.
    Patrick: XSFP, I suppose.
    Squidward: (unhealthy) INTJ. Artsy, arrogant, isn't afraid of showing his contempt and dislike of others, has delusions of grandeur. He dreams of getting out of his dead-end job and becoming a great clarinetist.
    Mr. Krabs: ESTX?
    Sandy: ESTP?

Is it sad that I sort of seriously thought about this and gave kind of in-depth descriptions (well, for Spongebob and Squidward)?

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium Onyx View Post
    How would one go about typing Gary, in the first place?
    There are a few episodes in which Gary talks(The dream episode, for one). And seeing how he never really tries to stop spongebob or drive him to one path, he is more of an INTP, or maybe ISTP because what he says(through Spongebob) is always "That will never work"

Also I'm seeing Patrick as more of an I than an E. He really doesn't have any other friends than Spongebob, or people that Spongebob knows.

MBTI
    I

Spongebob - ENFP
    Patrick - ENFP
    Squidward - ISTJ
    Mr. Krabs - ESTJ
    Sandy - No idea
    Gary - I don't really think we can type him, he doesn't talk

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Spongebob - ENFP
    Patrick - ENFP
    Squidward - ISTJ
    Mr. Krabs - ESTJ
    Sandy - No idea
    Gary - I don't really think we can type him, he doesn't talk
    THANK YOU.

SPONEBOB IS AN ENFP. LIVE WITH IT!!!!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    There are a few episodes in which Gary talks(The dream episode, for one). And seeing how he never really tries to stop spongebob or drive him to one path, he is more of an INTP, or maybe ISTP because what he says(through Spongebob) is always "That will never work"

Also I'm seeing Patrick as more of an I than an E. He really doesn't have any other friends than Spongebob, or people that Spongebob knows.
    I think the reason Patrick has so few friends is not because of introversion, but because of his painfully hilarious lack of intelligence. And his utter disregard (or maybe unconsciousness?) for basic hygiene. The episode in which he keeps his junk inside his belly button is a perfect example of this, I think.

Also, Patrick, with Spongebob (and occasionally even Squidward), is pretty gregarious. He's always thinking -- as best as someone like him could -- for ways to have fun and pass the time. This seems inconsistent with the characteristics of an introvert.

EDIT: I tend to agree with the Spongebob = ENFP consensus. The FUN song + Imagination seems pretty clear to me.
    Last edited by Lithium Onyx; 07-22-2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: for adding more detail
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx