• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lindsay Lohan

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both linsay and natalie portman are in their 20s. You are confusing behavior with age - it doesn't always go hand in hand together. I'd say daniel radcliffe is more "adult" than mickey rourke who is almost 3 times his age.
True, they are both in their 20s. But Natalie is nearly 30 and Lindsay just turned 23 a few weeks ago. Small, but big difference. Natalie runs with the older Hollywood crowd.

I don't know, I didn't put it there.

You can still have a hug :hug:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for the hug, but Lindsay is still ESFP

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
These can look similar. At least we all agree that she's ESFx?

Really? I think they can be pretty different. Especially when they're a bit stressed/crazy. Compare her to Kate Gosselin from Jon and Kate plus eight. Lindsay falls into a completely chaotic and impulsive lifestyle where self justification is all that matters, whereas Kate tightens her grip, becomes more controlling, exerts power that is justified by maintaining the external image of a perfect family.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? I think they can be pretty different. Especially when they're a bit stressed/crazy. Compare her to Kate Gosselin from Jon and Kate plus eight. Lindsay falls into a completely chaotic and impulsive lifestyle where self justification is all that matters, whereas Kate tightens her grip, becomes more controlling, exerts power that is justified by maintaining the external image of a perfect family.

Different strokes for different folks. ESFJs can become impulsive and chaotic under stress with tertiary Ne. ESFJs are normally pretty controlling (no offense to those on the forum), this isn't indicative of ESFJ under stress.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
"I am Lindsay Lohan!"
3259846923_ef07af11fc.jpg

Anybody? No..? Anybody..?

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm not talking of A list or B list. She rules young Hollywood. Everyone wants to hang with her, clubs pay her to attend.

She doesn't rule young Hollywood. Clubs paying her to attend is pretty low totem-pole considering she was working with the Streeper just a few years ago.

You seem to think she's not acting out to get a specific response. She might be, or she might not. What proof do you have that she's not?

What proof do you have that she is?

Introverted feeling? Now that you mention it, an introverted function does have better chance of being expressed outwardly than an extraverted function...

When someone's been in as much chaos and stress in her life as she is, yes. Have you never had a Fi friend who in severe cases of emotional distress acted out their emotions and found it hard to control them?

And it's not inconceivable that it was her own idea.

Again, even if it was her own idea, how does that make her J?

I don't know. Another ghastly looking DJ who's never seen without a hat?

She seems to have sincere feelings for Sam. Why is it so hard for you think that just because someone is Se-dom and P instead of J that she'd have a hard time letting that go?

Are you proving my point that she has rep in young Hollywood? Thanks.

Um, how did I just prove your point?

According to you, her Fi is the function that is causing all of this mess in the first place, not Se. Which is it?

I never said it was her Se. I said she's working out her Fi.

Do you have any other arguments to make? Because you're just throwing my comments back at me without further analysis. I think we can agree that nobody here knows her -- and you basically threw out what someone already said about knowing her in school and her seeming ESFP back then. You seem to be sticking to these points: Loyalty and ambition = J. Acting out emotional distress = Fe. Not true on both counts.

Like I argued before, it seems more logical to me that she's Se-dom, grew up in Hollywood materialism and never got to work on her Fi because of her family, hence her acting out now.

That makes more sense to me than her being ESFJ, growing up Fe-dom and now trying to work on her Si.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The hedonism just screams SP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm gonna go with xSFP not knowing that much about her because I don't really care to learn more.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She doesn't rule young Hollywood. Clubs paying her to attend is pretty low totem-pole considering she was working with the Streeper just a few years ago.

Don't understand what you mean here.

What proof do you have that she is?
None, and I don't need any because I said she might be or might not be. You're the only one making definitive statements here.

When someone's been in as much chaos and stress in her life as she is, yes. Have you never had a Fi friend who in severe cases of emotional distress acted out their emotions and found it hard to control them?
Irrelevant. The point in question is whether Fi or Fe is more prone to emotional outbursts.

Again, even if it was her own idea, how does that make her J?
SJ...working towards security and status procurement. Google it.

She seems to have sincere feelings for Sam. Why is it so hard for you think that just because someone is Se-dom and P instead of J that she'd have a hard time letting that go?
:confused: You're putting words in my mouth; I never said that.

Um, how did I just prove your point?
:doh: You said she has already climbed to the top of Hollywood. Which was proving my point that she has rep.

Do you have any other arguments to make? Because you're just throwing my comments back at me without further analysis.
Do you (;))? I'm bored at work, I can do this all day and night. Just kidding...only until 5 :D

I think we can agree that nobody here knows her -- and you basically threw out what someone already said about knowing her in school and her seeming ESFP back then.
Read clearly. Mondo did not know her. He just attended a high school she went to briefly.

You seem to be sticking to these points: Loyalty and ambition = J. Acting out emotional distress = Fe. Not true on both counts.
As you seem to be sticking to the point that Se+Fi=uncontrolled exhibitionism.

I would introduce new points. But it doesn't look like we've gotten past the first points yet.

That makes more sense to me than her being ESFJ, growing up Fe-dom and now trying to work on her Si.

No one's mentioned that as a possible reason.

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
Don't understand what you mean here.

?? What was confusing?

None, and I don't need any because I said she might be or might not be. You're the only one making definitive statements here.

Just pointed out some things to support my points and asking you to do the same. So I guess you're conceding that she could be ESFP? I don't think anybody was scoring her personality test here.

Irrelevant. The point in question is whether Fi or Fe is more prone to emotional outbursts.

The point is that just because someone's acting out doesn't mean they're Fe.

SJ...working towards security and status procurement. Google it.

Okay. No need to be condescending. Does Lindsay Lohan seem to have status or security to you? If she does, you have funny ideas of both.

:confused: You're putting words in my mouth; I never said that.

That seems to be your argument tho. Was it not? Because you've been arguing with people about it.

:doh: You said she has already climbed to the top of Hollywood. Which was proving my point that she has rep.

This isn't 2002. She doesn't have rep.

Do you (;))? I'm bored at work, I can do this all day and night. Just kidding...only until 5 :D
Great! There's the whole weekend too. haha

Read clearly. Mondo did not know her. He just attended a high school she went to briefly.

Okay. You know an argument's degenerated to meaninglessness when you're talking about Lindsay Lohan and you have to scroll back two pages to check on a minor fact.

As you seem to be sticking to the point that Se+Fi=uncontrolled exhibitionism.

Did I say uncontrolled exhibitionism? You think she's being an exhibitionist. I think she's an emotionally stunted woman.

I would introduce new points. But it doesn't look like we've gotten past the first points yet.

Seriously, what's with the condescension? I'm trying to not get insulted by your tone. I hope you know that's how you come across.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Anyone who thinks that Lindsay Lohan is anything but an ESFP either doesn't know anything about Lindsay Lohan or/and Myers Briggs.

I know plenty about both, and I don't think Lindsay Lohan is an ESFP. I think Jessica Simpson is ESFP, but Lindsay Lohan has a much harder edge. That bitch will fuck you up. I vote ESTJ. While we're on the topic of overexposed fame-whoring bimbos, I'm almost positive that Miley Cyrus is an ESTJ.

EDIT: Having read Lauren Ashley's posts, I now agree that she may be an ESFJ. I'm still not sold though. I'll change my vote to ESxJ for now.

Extraverted SJs are not the straight-laced norm-followers that introverted SJs are. They enjoy attention and power, and at their worst they're vulnerable to narcissism and histrionics. The ESxJ's I know also know how to let loose and have a good time, and they can seem like carefree, hedonistic SPs in social settings. It's surprising how many ESxJs I know who have experimented with drugs, even though we typically wouldn't think of SJs doing so.

ps: I think Kate Gosselin is ESTJ too. I read something in the thread that seemed to imply she's ESFJ but I'm pretty sure she's ESTJ.

Fun thread! It feeds my enthusiasm for not only MBTI but also for mindless celebrity gossip.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
?? What was confusing?
Who was working with the Streeper? And what is the Streeper? I assume that's Meryl Streep, but you never know...

So I guess you're conceding that she could be ESFP?
No. Not at all.

The point is that just because someone's acting out doesn't mean they're Fe.
And it does mean they're Se-dominant?

Okay. No need to be condescending. Does Lindsay Lohan seem to have status or security to you? If she does, you have funny ideas of both.
Not trying to be. But I've been saying SJ for the last couple of go-rounds and you keep going back to J. So I figure I must be doing something wrong and Google can do a better job at explaining.

I meant when she was younger, and focused on building her career. If anyone can tell me the reasons why a young ESFP would be trying to build a career instead of playing with their friends, I'd be glad to hear it.

That seems to be your argument tho. Was it not? Because you've been arguing with people about it.
No, it's not. And no, I haven't. I've really only challenged others on their idea of her being ESFP on the basis of her being a materialistic, histrionic attention whore. Since when did that become a valid reason to type a person as ESFP? And since when are unhealthy ESFJs not materialistic, histrionic attention whores?

This isn't 2002. She doesn't have rep.
Okay. Since we keep talking past each other on this point, I won't keep arguing this.

Seriously, what's with the condescension? I'm trying to not get insulted by your tone. I hope you know that's how you come across.
I can't control your reactions to my responses. I'm not trying to be condescending. But it is true; we haven't gotten past the first few points yet. I don't see any reason to add more to confuse things even further.

-----

I know plenty about both, and I don't think Lindsay Lohan is an ESFP. I think Jessica Simpson is ESFP, but Lindsay Lohan has a much harder edge. That bitch will fuck you up.

Extraverted SJs are not the straight-laced norm-followers that introverted SJs are. They enjoy attention and power, and at their worst they're vulnerable to narcissism and histrionics. The ESxJ's I know also know how to let loose and have a good time, and they can seem like carefree, hedonistic SPs in social settings. It's surprising how many ESxJs I know who have experimented with drugs, even though we typically wouldn't think of SJs doing so.
Exactly. ESxJs can be plenty hedonistic and attention-seeking. ESFJs in particular are prone to such when unhealthy. I've never known an ESFP to be as commanding and unwavering as she is. Challenge Lindsay and she'll not back down. Everyone seems to be focusing on why she is ESFP and not why she can't be ESFJ. Because really, there is no reason why she can't be.

Fun thread! It feeds my enthusiasm for not only MBTI but also for mindless celebrity gossip.

:D

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
Who was working with the Streeper? And what is the Streeper? I assume that's Meryl Streep, but you never know...

Yes, Meryl Streep, whom I referred to in an earlier post.

And it does mean they're Se-dominant?

Se dominant with a poor Fi, yes. Again, like I said in an earlier post, I think it's more likely that she's acting out now because of arrested development due to her fame and her family -- poor Fi. See exhibit A, Lindsay posting a topless photo of herself to Twitter:

lohantopless.jpg

That's just desperate and sad, like she's trying (unsuccessfully) to keep herself relevant while all her peers go on to bigger and better things: Megan Fox in Transformers, Chris Pine in Star Trek, Amanda Seyfried in Mama Mia. Samantha seems to be an emotional anchor for her, offering her a way to work out her Fi, which is probably why she comes back again and again for the abuse. I just don't see how Fe-Si could apply to Lindsay. If you want to explain how it does, go ahead.

Not trying to be. But I've been saying SJ for the last couple of go-rounds and you keep going back to J. So I figure I must be doing something wrong and Google can do a better job at explaining.

The one-sentence replies focusing on a few details were just very off-putting. The Internet does wonders for communication, doesn't it? Wiki it? ;) :)

I meant when she was younger, and focused on building her career. If anyone can tell me the reasons why a young ESFP would be trying to build a career instead of playing with their friends, I'd be glad to hear it.

Family pressures? Considering Dina Lohan's famewhoring, I can easily see her pushing her very talented and gorgeous daughter into a career. Point is, I think you're on thin ice to attribute ambition or lack of ambition to a young child and use that to argue a type. There are too many other factors at work.

No, it's not. And no, I haven't. I've really only challenged others on their idea of her being ESFP on the basis of her being a materialistic, histrionic attention whore. Since when did that become a valid reason to type a person as ESFP? And since when are unhealthy ESFJs not materialistic, histrionic attention whores?

I don't think I've been making this specific argument. Again, I think given her stunted growth as a person and the way she acts out that Se-Fi makes more sense than Fe-Si.

I would think an ESFJ would be more intent on reestablishing her status in Hollywood because wouldn't the Fe detect others' disgust and pity for her current situation? Wouldn't Fe want to get back in the limelight and be adored? Lindsay has fallen a LONG way from Mean Girls, and she doesn't seem to care that her antics with Sam hurts her career. She even had a made for TV movie on ABC Family the other night! UGH! Her motivation seems to be working on herself and her own emotions instead of her career. Seems that would point to Fi to me.

I can't control your reactions to my responses. I'm not trying to be condescending. But it is true; we haven't gotten past the first few points yet. I don't see any reason to add more to confuse things even further.

I don't see any reason why you can't add more points to this discussion if you want. I'd like to hear them.

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
... Because I clearly know too much celebrity gossip and this is a lazy Saturday... :D

Exactly. ESxJs can be plenty hedonistic and attention-seeking. ESFJs in particular are prone to such when unhealthy.

Hedonistic, yes. Attention-seeking, yes. Think Jennifer Lopez. She's a good example of an ESFJ.

I've never known an ESFP to be as commanding and unwavering as she is. Challenge Lindsay and she'll not back down.

Challenge Lindsay in a fight? Actually, yeah she does back down. She's the one who was following Paris Hilton like a puppy even after the "Firecrotch" incident. And in the Lindsay v. Scarlett Johansson tiff? Scarlett won that, hands down.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I can't believe I am replying to this thread.
I hate the whole celebrity circus bullshit.

J-Lo is an ESFJ .. cool.

Please put Lindsay in a different group. If an ESFJ, well she puts us to shame.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah. I'm not really interested in this discussion anymore. My attention span for online debates is only about 2 pages or so. And we've been going for longer than that, so... :D

Think Jennifer Lopez. She's a good example of an ESFJ.

I don't know about her. But I'm sure others will hesitate to agree with you on this.