User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Lindsay Lohan

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ESFPs hate conflict and interpersonal tension, and value harmony. I think that alone disqualifies her.
    Don't know about this. Fi in general is looking to constantly validate it's desires by "being true to yourself," which can often lead to behavior that is justified as long as one is honest with themselves. They value inner harmony, not external. The classic "Whateva, I do what I want" mentality.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    This chick lived on Long Island and actually attended the high school I graduated from for a little while.. for that reason, I feel reasonably confident in saying that she's an ESFP.
    That doesn't make you an authority. Just as much as I can't claim to know 100 percent the types for the famous people that are from Boston and went to my high school...Unless you know her personally and/or are close with someone who knows her personally, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

She lives life to the fullest- a way to satisfy her desires and emotions.
    Why can't this be ESFJ? Si is avaricious and Fe dom is ruled by feelings. I've known plenty of ESFJs that love to live luxuriously. I don't see your point here.

The reason why most actors/actresses are ESFP is because the ESFP most naturally fits in Hollywood.
    How do you know that "most actors/actresses are ESFP"? Have you been giving out the MBTI in LA?

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Don't know about this. Fi in general is looking to constantly validate it's desires by "being true to yourself," which can often lead to behavior that is justified as long as one is honest with themselves. They value inner harmony, not external. The classic "Whateva, I do what I want" mentality.
    ExFPs do value external harmony, just as much as any ExFJ. The only difference is how they go about achieving it. Have you ever criticized an ExFP? How did they take it? Did they say "screw you" or did they take it as an invalidation?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You guys are funny.

All we can really gather from this topic is that Edgar really wants to do Lindsay.

Who is Samantha?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post

ExFPs do value external harmony, just as much as any ExFJ. The only difference is how they go about achieving it. Have you ever criticized an ExFP? How did they take it? Did they say "screw you" or did they take it as an invalidation?
    I should give you my mother's phone number, and have you ask that question! Lol! You'd think I was the anti-Christ.

They do take criticism poorly because there is a personal component. They often find personal components to things as well. I find that they are far more concerned with their personal harmony than their external harmony.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

All ESFP and ENFP profiles seem to mention conflict avoidance. Out of the Es I think ExFPs are the most averse to conflict. Though they do often have a defiant aspect to them, but so can ESFJs.

I think she seems Fe dominant too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I should give you my mother's phone number, and have you ask that question! Lol! You'd think I was the anti-Christ.

They do take criticism poorly because there is a personal component. They often find personal components to things as well. I find that they are far more concerned with their personal harmony than their external harmony.
    Where does personal harmony end and external harmony begin? For example, both INFPs and INFJs are known for working for peace in their communities. One does it out of adherence to their personal values and one does it out of their overt concern for the well being of others. Different starting points, same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Who is Samantha?
    Ronson. Her girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    All ESFP and ENFP profiles seem to mention conflict avoidance. Out of the Es I think ExFPs are the most averse to conflict. Though they do often have a defiant aspect to them, but so can ESFJs.

I think she seems Fe dominant too.
    Right, an ESFJ will fight to the death; Fe can be a bulldozer. They take conflict much better, at least outwardly, than the ESFPs I've seen.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm not talking about adult Hollywood, I'm talking young Hollywood. She's competing with the likes of Paris Hilton and her dupes.
    Paris Hilton's hardly A list.

Oh, you're trying to provide argument for why she is Fe dom: she is aware of how her actions affect others, hence why she acts out. I totally agree.
    You seem to think she's acting out to get a specific response. The way she acts out, with utter disregard for her career and her reputation and apparently with no consistent response from Sam, it's completely not directed.

You could also easily argue that it is unhealthy Fe. Wanting to be desperately accepted, throwing tantrums when not getting her way. I don't see why this is isolated to Se.
    Right. It's Fi.

Yes, most ESFPs at 10 years old tell their mother they want to build a career instead of play. And you misunderstood. Any type can be loyal, but loyalty is characteristic of SJs. I reckon an Se dom would've moved on to better things by now, instead of clinging to Samantha.
    Lindsay Lohan was pushed into show biz by her mother at a very young age when she became a Ford model when she was 3 or 5 or something. From there on, it's not inconceivable that she got a sense of her powers and went for it or that she kept getting pushed by her mom and just tells everyone that it was her idea.

As for the Samantha mess, what "better things" could Lindsay Lohan move on to? She's already climbed to the top of Hollywood for her age group, worked with Meryl Streep and other luminaries, and she's STILL a trainwreck. As bad as this Sam relationship is, it might be the best thing she's got for growing as an actual person. She reached the limits of being Se dom and now she's working on her Fi.

Yes. We can debate until we're blue in the face, but none of us can actually say definitively what her type is. Especially not when nearly everyone her age in Hollywood presents an Se type image.
    Agreed. I just still think ESFP makes more sense for her than ESFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberrylover View Post
    Paris Hilton's hardly A list.
    I'm not talking of A list or B list. She rules young Hollywood. Everyone wants to hang with her, clubs pay her to attend.

You seem to think she's acting out to get a specific response. The way she acts out, with utter disregard for her career and her reputation and apparently with no consistent response from Sam, it's completely not directed.
    You seem to think she's not acting out to get a specific response. She might be, or she might not. What proof do you have that she's not?

Right. It's Fi.
    Introverted feeling? Now that you mention it, an introverted function does have better chance of being expressed outwardly than an extraverted function...

Lindsay Lohan was pushed into show biz by her mother at a very young age when she became a Ford model when she was 3 or 5 or something. From there on, it's not inconceivable that she got a sense of her powers and went for it or that she kept getting pushed by her mom and just tells everyone that it was her idea.
    And it's not inconceivable that it was her own idea.

As for the Samantha mess, what "better things" could Lindsay Lohan move on to?
    I don't know. Another ghastly looking DJ who's never seen without a hat?
    She's already climbed to the top of Hollywood for her age group, worked with Meryl Streep and other luminaries...
    Are you proving my point that she has rep in young Hollywood? Thanks.

As bad as this Sam relationship is, it might be the best thing she's got for growing as an actual person. She reached the limits of being Se dom and now she's working on her Fi.
    According to you, her Fi is the function that is causing all of this mess in the first place, not Se. Which is it?

Agreed. I just still think ESFP makes more sense for her than ESFJ.
    Because on this forum, all young Hollywood attention whores are automatically ESFP.

Keep it coming guys. This debate is fun.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    You guys are funny.

All we can really gather from this topic is that Edgar really wants to do Lindsay.
    15 min fun ride is not worth 15 STDs that come with it.

I am an INTJ, not ISFP. I tend to give a lot of thought to consequences.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm not talking about adult Hollywood, I'm talking young Hollywood. She's competing with the likes of Paris Hilton and her dupes.
    Both linsay and natalie portman are in their 20s. You are confusing behavior with age - it doesn't always go hand in hand together. I'd say daniel radcliffe is more "adult" than mickey rourke who is almost 3 times his age.

At the expense of repeating myself... lindsay, paris hilton, kim kardashian, britney, etc are a traveling circus, a meal ticket for papparazzi and celebrity bloggers. They are not the epitomy of normal behavior in hollywood. Most of the "young dupes" you are thinking of are not famous for their work in entertainment - they are famous for being famous (or being freak shows, more accuratelty)

P.S. Why the sad face title?
    I don't know, I didn't put it there.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.