First 12345 Last

Thread: Lindsay Lohan

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ESFJ to the max.

MBTI
    INTJ

ESFJs, like all SJs, put a lot of emphasis on being reputable. ESFPs main goal is to be liked - respectability is an auxiliary benefit. An ESFP is likely to choose an even level friendship over a cold, arms lenght respect one would give to a superior.

A lot of lindsay's behavior is indicative of a fucked up ESFP. Every time samantha throws lindsay's shit out on the curb, lindsay humiliates herself by crying and scratching at the door in full view of papparazzi. And then she doesn't even bother to make an excuse or cover it up. She cannot stand not being liked and will gladly humiliate herself for it. (See also britney spears and paris hilton)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    ESFJs, like all SJs, put a lot of emphasis on being reputable.
    Going by the textbook, yes, SJs are buttoned-up and proper. But there are plenty of SJs in real life that don't fit this. I think they place greater importance on status within their particular community. And her community is Hollywood, where people gain rep by covering tabloids. She's plenty reputable there.

A lot of lindsay's behavior is indicative of a fucked up ESFP. Every time samantha throws lindsay's shit out on the curb, lindsay humiliates herself by crying and scratching at the door in full view of papparazzi. And then she doesn't even bother to make an excuse or cover it up. She cannot stand not being liked and will gladly humiliate herself for it.
    This is an argument for Fe-dom -- there isn't anything that an Fe type loves more than to be loved. Fe types are also the best with drama, good and bad. Her kind of loyalty, that she's shown to Samantha and her broken up family, is characteristic of SJs, especially xSFJs.

MBTI
    INTJ

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Going by the textbook, yes, SJs are buttoned-up and proper. But there are plenty of SJs in real life that don't fit this. I think they place greater importance on status within their particular community. And her community is Hollywood, where people gain rep by covering tabloids. She's plenty reputable there.
    incorrect.

Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman are "Hollywood reputable"

Lindsay is a traveling circus, a freak show that makes ordinary people feel better about themselves (I.e. I may not be rich and famous but least I'm not fucked up like lindsay)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP

Jumping into this debate...

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    And her community is Hollywood, where people gain rep by covering tabloids. She's plenty reputable there.
    Lindsay Lohan is NOT reputable even by Hollywood standards. She's fallen from A list to a status so low that she only gains exposure through tabloids, getting paid to attend parties and posting pictures of herself braless on Twitter.

This is an argument for Fe-dom -- there isn't anything that an Fe type loves more than to be loved. Fe types are also the best with drama, good and bad. Her kind of loyalty, that she's shown to Samantha and her broken up family, is characteristic of SJs, especially xSFJs.
    I disagree with this as well. Fe-doms are VERY aware of how others feel about their actions and that's their motivating force.

ESFPs are Se Fi Te Ni. Lindsay Lohan is an Se-dom run amok with a poorly developed Fi, which makes perfect sense given how steeped she's been in Hollywood materialism from a young age and having a family life that did not allow her to understand her own feelings.

BTW, I don't think loyalty and ambition are indications of J either. I'm an ENFP and am very loyal and ambitious and one of my friends, an ESFJ, while very directed in her approach to family and friends, is pretty rudderless when it comes to her career.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How can you tell? She has been hollywooded up, she is an image of what the media wants her to be.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    How can you tell? She has been hollywooded up, she is an image of what the media wants her to be.
    ehh... You can't really do a "manufactured image" of a star like they did back in the 30s or whatever. There is too much information coming in from all directions so "the star" is bound to slip up, and let her true self come out.

And it's not like media is causing a "smear campaign" against her. What do they have against her? If she was generally well behaved person with an occasional slip up, they would rather follow around somebody else. It's the shenanigans they are after, not Lindsay per se.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    incorrect.

Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman are "Hollywood reputable"
    I'm not talking about adult Hollywood, I'm talking young Hollywood. She's competing with the likes of Paris Hilton and her dupes.

P.S. Why the sad face title?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberrylover View Post
    Jumping into this debate...

Lindsay Lohan is NOT reputable even by Hollywood standards. She's fallen from A list to a status so low that she only gains exposure through tabloids, getting paid to attend parties and posting pictures of herself braless on Twitter.
    See response to Edgar.

I disagree with this as well. Fe-doms are VERY aware of how others feel about their actions and that's their motivating force.
    ...And. What does this have to do with her trying to get Samantha back?

Oh, you're trying to provide argument for why she is Fe dom: she is aware of how her actions affect others, hence why she acts out. I totally agree.

ESFPs are Se Fi Te Ni. Lindsay Lohan is an Se-dom run amok with a poorly developed Fi, which makes perfect sense given how steeped she's been in Hollywood materialism from a young age and having a family life that did not allow her to understand her own feelings.
    You could also easily argue that it is unhealthy Fe. Wanting to be desperately accepted, throwing tantrums when not getting her way. I don't see why this is isolated to Se.

BTW, I don't think loyalty and ambition are indications of J either. I'm an ENFP and am very loyal and ambitious and one of my friends, an ESFJ, while very directed in her approach to family and friends, is pretty rudderless when it comes to her career.
    Yes, most ESFPs at 10 years old tell their mother they want to build a career instead of play. And you misunderstood. Any type can be loyal, but loyalty is characteristic of SJs. I reckon an Se dom would've moved on to better things by now, instead of clinging to Samantha.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yes. We can debate until we're blue in the face, but none of us can actually say definitively what her type is. Especially not when nearly everyone her age in Hollywood presents an Se type image.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This chick lived on Long Island and actually attended the high school I graduated from for a little while.. for that reason, I feel reasonably confident in saying that she's an ESFP.
    She lives life to the fullest- a way to satisfy her desires and emotions.

I wouldn't necessarily call her ambitious- in the career-ladder climbing sort... assuming that's what you guys mean when you say "ambitious".
    She just has a pretty face and enjoys acting and seized the opportunity to be famous.

The reason why most actors/actresses are ESFP is because the ESFP most naturally fits in Hollywood.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ESFPs hate conflict and interpersonal tension, and value harmony. I think that alone disqualifies her.