• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Agatha Christie

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a huge Agatha Christie fan, and I was convinced that she was an INFJ until I recently saw Agatha Christie: A Life in Pictures which made her seem rather INFP.

Opinions?

alicia91

I am also a huge Agatha Christie fan and assumed that she was INFJ but I haven't seen the movie that you mentioned. I'd be very interested in seeing it. I have read a couple of biographies a long time ago and can't recall her personality well enough to speculate.

I'm currently rereading all her books. :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I thought she was INFP but I found somewhere saying ISFJ, actually. I guess I can see that as a possiblity.

<-- huge fan.

Woo my 1337 post!

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I love the story about how she went missing randomly (for a number of days). Not typical ISFJ behaviour(?). I can see INFx. The documentary would be very interesting to see.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh true about the disappearing. That does sound rather INF. The rose colored glasses could seen ISFJ to me though. (If you've read all her books you might see the plot devices I mean, about who lives, who did it, who ends up actually being liked in the books)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
"One calls things by different names," said Poirot. "I am quite ready to believe that you have noticed something, or heard something, that has definitely aroused in you anxiety. I think it possible that you yourself may not even know just what it is that you have seen or noticed or heard. You are aware only of the result. If I may so put it, you do not know what it is that you know. You may label that intuition if you like."

"It makes one feel such a fool," said Mrs. Oliver, ruefully, "not to be able to be definite."

-Agatha Christie, Dead Man's Folly

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was assigned to read an Agatha Christie book (Murder on the Orient Express) for English class over the summer one time.

It was the most boring, awful book I had ever tried to read. In fact, I couldn't make myself do it. I found myself unable to focus on reading it, and finally got so sick of trying that I just decided to blow it off. Luckily, they decided not to test us over our summer reading because no one else read it either. You know, sometimes I wonder if this is why SPs hate books... if reading most books feels to them like that book felt to me, then it's totally understandable.

It's funny, though. I loved Shakespeare, The Odyssey, parts of the Bible, C.S Lewis, J.R.R Tolkien, several philosophy and psychology books, and more... but this author and her style just turned me cold. I felt like there was just too much WAY too much detail, and symbolism I was supposed to infer from contexts I didn't understand. I had to constantly use the Internet to make sense of every other sentence.

I can't see how anyone would appreciate her work. It's incoherent, and the symbolism makes no sense.