Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Agatha Christie

I'm a huge Agatha Christie fan, and I was convinced that she was an INFJ until I recently saw Agatha Christie: A Life in Pictures which made her seem rather INFP.

Opinions?

I am also a huge Agatha Christie fan and assumed that she was INFJ but I haven't seen the movie that you mentioned. I'd be very interested in seeing it. I have read a couple of biographies a long time ago and can't recall her personality well enough to speculate.

I'm currently rereading all her books.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I thought she was INFP but I found somewhere saying ISFJ, actually. I guess I can see that as a possiblity.

<-- huge fan.

Woo my 1337 post!

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I love the story about how she went missing randomly (for a number of days). Not typical ISFJ behaviour(?). I can see INFx. The documentary would be very interesting to see.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Oh true about the disappearing. That does sound rather INF. The rose colored glasses could seen ISFJ to me though. (If you've read all her books you might see the plot devices I mean, about who lives, who did it, who ends up actually being liked in the books)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

"One calls things by different names," said Poirot. "I am quite ready to believe that you have noticed something, or heard something, that has definitely aroused in you anxiety. I think it possible that you yourself may not even know just what it is that you have seen or noticed or heard. You are aware only of the result. If I may so put it, you do not know what it is that you know. You may label that intuition if you like."

"It makes one feel such a fool," said Mrs. Oliver, ruefully, "not to be able to be definite."

-Agatha Christie, Dead Man's Folly

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I was assigned to read an Agatha Christie book (Murder on the Orient Express) for English class over the summer one time.

It was the most boring, awful book I had ever tried to read. In fact, I couldn't make myself do it. I found myself unable to focus on reading it, and finally got so sick of trying that I just decided to blow it off. Luckily, they decided not to test us over our summer reading because no one else read it either. You know, sometimes I wonder if this is why SPs hate books... if reading most books feels to them like that book felt to me, then it's totally understandable.

It's funny, though. I loved Shakespeare, The Odyssey, parts of the Bible, C.S Lewis, J.R.R Tolkien, several philosophy and psychology books, and more... but this author and her style just turned me cold. I felt like there was just too much WAY too much detail, and symbolism I was supposed to infer from contexts I didn't understand. I had to constantly use the Internet to make sense of every other sentence.

I can't see how anyone would appreciate her work. It's incoherent, and the symbolism makes no sense.