User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Anaïs Nin?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Anaïs Nin?

I'd prefer to sit back and see if any of you have ideas before I jump in..
    Any thoughts?
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Don't remember a ton, I haven't read her for years.

I think I'd thought INFJ at the time (it reminded me of Virginia Woolf or someone similar), at this point I'd say INFx... basically, values and introversion and observer of people... basically able to step back and record one's life and feelings and values as it unfolds as a narrative.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've heard others call her an INFJ. It seems very plausable. She might have been an INFP, though. Her behavior in terms of her love affairs seems somewhat Fi, because she seemed to fly away with whatever she felt. She also had a lifelong relationship with Henry Miller, but not in any sort of "conventional" sense. INFPs are also stereotyped as writers, and she was quite romantic. I guess I do see some Fe in her, though, because she stayed married to her husband until he died, even though she cheated on him repeatedly. She also made sure that none of her journals were published until all parties named were deceased. It really could go either way, IMHO.

heart on fire

ISFP

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i read henry and june. i sort of agreed with isfp for a while, but am less inclined to take that position now. i could see infj, i am starting to see a dominant intuitive and not a dominant feeler.

i know it was very fashionable, but her psychoanalysis seems telling too. she was in love with the idea of understanding herself, obviously a 4. i could totally see infj 4w5. or perhaps even intj.

their connection also makes a lot of sense to me either way. perhaps even more so as intj. i was so 100% convinced that henry miller was an enfp, and, for the most part i still am. watchin some of the youtube clips makes me feel more entp tho initially. with that said i'm still probably 80/20 he's an enfp.

MBTI
    ENTP

INFJ.

Looks INFJ, too.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i read henry and june. i sort of agreed with isfp for a while, but am less inclined to take that position now. i could see infj, i am starting to see a dominant intuitive and not a dominant feeler.

i know it was very fashionable, but her psychoanalysis seems telling too. she was in love with the idea of understanding herself, obviously a 4. i could totally see infj 4w5. or perhaps even intj.
    Yes, maybe INTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP

their connection also makes a lot of sense to me either way. perhaps even more so as intj. i was so 100% convinced that henry miller was an enfp, and, for the most part i still am. watchin some of the youtube clips makes me feel more entp tho initially. with that said i'm still probably 80/20 he's an enfp.
    I'm 80/20 that he's ENTP/ENFP.

"Example moves the world more than doctrine. The great exemplars are the poets of action, and it makes little difference whether they be forces for good or forces for evil."

"Life is 440 horsepower in a 2-cylinder engine."

"The new always carries with it the sense of violation, of sacrilege. What is dead is sacred; what is new, that is different, is evil, dangerous, or subversive. "

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

maybe it's fred ward who is getting in the way. in which case philip kaufman did shitty casting. anais is in love with his energy, in the book it is probably a different animal than the way the movie was done, and the book is less recent to me. in the book she is much more inj analytical. willing to consider any potential premise with no restrictions, no pre-ordained morality.

henry could be less of the gushy always merry and bright all ya need is a great meal/full stomach and more of an entp prankster. he did read fucking bergson after all, and his career path is sooooo entp. he's in love with bombast and the world of ideas. pummeling you with them, letting one idea drift into and be taken over by another, and superimposing them all together. plus he's the biggest schemer ever.

plus he has more of an entp style for being in love with himself than an enfp style. charming not even despite his self-absorption but bc of it kinda thing. strangely endearing.

i'm allowing myself to become convinced that he's an entp. this is the second major influence for me this week who i thought was enfp but realized was an entp.

MBTI
    ENTP

i'm allowing myself to become convinced that he's an entp. this is the second major influence for me this week who i thought was enfp but realized was an entp.
    What was the other major influence?