User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Seinfeld Characters

Can anyone tell me the types of the main characters on Seinfeld?
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 02-05-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: merged threads
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jerry plays more like a mild-mannered, self-structured ISTJ, but in real life he's more INTJ, I think.
    Kramer is some sort of EFP, probably.
    Elaine's an IxxJ?
    George has neurotic tendencies like an ISTJ, but he's not the same as Jerry so I have no idea what he is supposed to be. Could he be a male ISFJ?

The problem is that they are all such cliches, they don't really type well. They all just play particular roles in the "comedy machine" that is the show.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    George has neurotic tendencies like an ISTJ, but he's not the same as Jerry so I have no idea what he is supposed to be. Could he be a male ISFJ?
    Lenore Thompson has typed George as an INTP - interestingly enough.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Lenore Thompson has typed George as an INTP - interestingly enough.
    This is one area in her book where I thought she was way off base.

George is neurotic, and his Ne seems to be a product of his neurosis, NOT one of his primary functions. For ISxJ, Ne is the inferior; and if you examine each one of George's schemes, they seem like Ne gone wild. And this would make sense if you look at his parents, who basically have taken all of his fears, given him an unstable home, made him feel inadequate, and undermined both his Si world as well as any Te or Fe behavior he has tried to utilize in his relationships. Dropping down to his inferior to "save himself" seems quite likely to me, and the sheer grandiosity of his Ne is really his only means of connection with his crazy overbearing father.

He's very S in his actual sensibilities. An INTP generally would have laughed at his schemes as mostly stupid or illogical, nor would an INTP even bother with trying to implement most of them. You see a lot of pointless activity by George in his life, and attempts to woo and win people over; an INTP is more liable to just withdraw completely and not care. George needs to make things concrete and operate in the physical world; hence, S.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Question for you, Jen.

Is Opposite George more like an INTP?

Really.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Question for you, Jen.
    Is Opposite George more like an INTP?
    Geessh. I don't even remember what Bizarro George [is that what you meant?] was like...!

Or just the opposite of George?

I don't see George as truly philosophical or imaginative, and his inclinations usually revolve around concrete plans and schemes and social prestige and false impressions (he's a "playah"). And he lacks so much foresight that his plans always fail.

An INTP would be more apt to have carefully reasoned plans that would have both its strengths and weaknesses clearly calculated (George fails to see the holes in his plans)... and an INTP would be less apt to try to implement his plans.

George also seems to operate within the social system, rather than apart from it. INTPs are very prone to complaining about society and how stupid its ideals are; George only complains because he is not being "given his fair shake" by society, and he strives to gain what society says is good. So he plays within the rules/mindset.

MBTI
    INTJ

Opposite George - when he desides that every gut instinct he's had is wrong so he does the exact opposite of that, and becomes wildly successful.

Really.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Opposite George - when he desides that every gut instinct he's had is wrong so he does the exact opposite of that, and becomes wildly successful.
    OH! Darn, I forgot all about that -- I loved that episode! (Was that the same one where Jerry was being "Even Steven"?)

And at the end is when George proposed to his gf and got engaged.

I don't know what the heck George was then. I don't think he was being INTP, because he was far too active. He merely was following yet another rule. But it was so funny.

MBTI
    INTP

I see Kramer as being a potential ENTP simply for his quirky behavior, his ability to make connections followed by absurd conclusions or some sort of idea he pulled seemingly out of thin air. He has a sort of "mad scientist" vibe about him which sort of adheres to the stereotype of the ENTP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I am not a watcher of the show, but whenever I've seen Kramer, he was definitely ENxP.