• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seinfeld Characters

Negative_

the 4 main characters sorta seem like each of socionics' alpha quadra types.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
How is Larry David an INFJ? Based on what I know of him, he's socially clueless and kind of rude. I love his work, but most INFJ's are way more concerned about other people's feelings and are much more adept in the social realm.

Type does not imply competence in the main two functions. Type has to do with preference. Larry David may not have well defined social graces, but he is totally preoccupied with social interactions. That is entirely what "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is about. He has a strong preference for Fe regardless of whether or not he has competence.

Another example of this is Kosmo Kramer (who is also based on a real life person). Most people will agree that he is ENTP, even though his Ti is really not so good.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How is Kramer a T? He seems like an NF more than anything else. He's far too focused on and insightful about human concerns to be an NT.

Jerry is the SJ, probably ISFJ. Arguably the most level-headed of the group, as SJs often are.

Elaine is the SP, likely ESFP.

And George is the NT. :yes: What kind of NT is hard to say, but definitely an NT.

And there, you have the four temperaments.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
How is Kramer a T? He seems like an NF more than anything else. He's far too focused on and insightful about human concerns to be an NT.

Jerry is the SJ, probably ISFJ. Arguably the most level-headed of the group, as SJs often are.

Elaine is the SP, likely ESTP.

And George is the NT. :yes:

And there, you have the four temperaments.

I agree on George and Jerry (although I do think Jerry is ISTJ). But I just don't get the F vibe from Kosmo, I see the N though. I think George is xNTP. As for Elaine, it's tough, I think she's definitely S, but that's about all I can pinpoint.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Where's Kramer's T?

He's pretty indiscrete, doesn't take into account other feelings when talking (very ExTx) and when not talking. It's hard to distinguish, the T/F divide must be close for him.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Jerry: ENTJ
George: INTP
Elaine: ENFJ
Kramer: ESTP

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
He's pretty indiscrete, doesn't take into account other feelings when talking (very ExTx) and when not talking. It's hard to distinguish, the T/F divide must be close for him.

He doesn't seem to take logic or making rational sense into account, either. He is always coming up with new ideas for business (which makes him seem ENTP), but he also has these wacked out philosophies that make sense only to him (Fi function) or some new age mumbo jumbo (which seems ExFP to me). Then again he is outrageously tactless. BUT ENTPs allegedly have good Fe that allows them to take people's feelings into account. So if he's ExTP, which one?

Are you dizzy yet? ;)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
He doesn't seem to take logic or making rational sense into account, either. He is always coming up with new ideas for business (which makes him seem ENTP), but he also has these wacked out philosophies that make sense only to him (Fi function) or some new age mumbo jumbo (which seems ExFP to me). Then again he is outrageously tactless. BUT ENTPs allegedly have good Fe that allows them to take people's feelings into account. So if he's ExTP, which one?

Are you dizzy yet? ;)

Ti is subjectively oriented, and judges data on subjective internal principles, so if those principles are a bit whacked out [which he is, and they are] you can be T and be nuts. Watch when he analyzes things and breaks them down according to criteria.

"Jerry, this peach is sub-par."

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Ti is subjectively oriented, and judges data on subjective internal principles, so if those principles are a bit whacked out [which he is, and they are] you can be T and be nuts. Watch when he analyzes things.

"Jerry, this peach is sub-par."

Hahaha.
That sounds like something I'd say myself. ;)

Although . . . I don't even see that what he says makes sense to him on internal principles, either. Just whacked out notions without coherence, or at least coherence that can be explained to other people. And that doesn't seem to phase him one bit. But what else could the inscrutable principles come from? some warped T, it looks like.

He is quite the salesman though, I must say.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Though I don't even see that what he says makes sense to him on internal principles, either. Just whacked out notions without coherence, or at least coherence that can be explained to other people.

He is quite the salesman though, I must say

That's why he's an ESTP!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Are you dizzy yet? ;)

lol. I think his primary functionality, which is probably NeTi, is what's important here, I don't think he shows any real semblance of Fe, he's a tougher character to type. ENTP all the way.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
That's why he's an ESTP!

I'm going to generalize and say no self respecting ESTP has that much difficulty navigating their immediate surroundings. Complete Sensotard, seeing as he is completely focused on the realm of his own ideas, schemes, and thoughts, never on his immediate surroundings.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm going to generalize and say no self respecting ESTP has that much difficulty navigating their immediate surroundings. Complete Sensotard, seeing as he is completely focused on the realm of his own ideas, schemes, and thoughts, never on his immediate surroundings.

Plus he always bumps into things.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Plus he always bumps into things.

That's what that means lol, sorry. Should have clarified.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

I think ESTPs can be spazzes. He's definitely hyper-involved in the concrete world at all times, but with a kind of scatter-braininess or sloppy Se as he goes along.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think ESTPs can be spazzes. He's definitely hyper-involved in the concrete world at all times, but with a kind of scatter-braininess or sloppy Se as he goes along.

Se is not scatterbrained or sloppy. That's Ne.