Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    N-dominants are the hardest to type based on energy. ENxP's can often appear introverted, while INxJ's can often appear extraverted. Yeah, we N-dominants are crazy like that.
    Actually, I looked at it as the Get-Things-Going types appear introverted while the Chart-the-Course types appear extroverted.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    And ISTJ for Jerry? Where's the Te? Or the Si, for that matter?
    I already answered that question earlier in the thread. Try to pay attention.

In short, he is always categorizing and labeling everything, based on his past experience. He's not spontaneous, he's the one that's always asking the others what the plan or schedule is, and he isn't happy when something throws off the plan. Everyone else bursts in on his place, not the other way around.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

heart on fire

N-dominants are the hardest to type based on energy. ENxP's can often appear introverted, while INxJ's can often appear extraverted. Yeah, we N-dominants are crazy like that...
    Her character is like always bubbly. INxJ may be able to appear extraverted but they will fall flat enough to show the introversion.

MBTI
    I

^ I don't see S or F for Elaine at all. She's always off in her own head and not very interested in being supportive to others or the group at all.
    The F is there with the sensitivity, and the fact that she has emotional highs and lows.

Where do you get ENTP for George?

And ISTJ for Jerry? Where's the Te? Or the Si, for that matter?
    ENTP for George: I was actually stuck with ENxP too. I can definitely see the dominant Ne. Potentially I could see him as ENFP, but he fits the ENTP profile more than the ENFP one.

ISTJ for Jerry - most of the time he's in his home either alone or with his close friends, definitely not extrovert behavior. The Te is evident because he's categorizing relationships. The Fi is evident because he has a certain set of values that he compares things to (mainly in relationships). Very orderly (just look at his apartment - it never changed appearance). He always planned his stand-up, often bouncing ideas off people's heads. The F? - I don't know where that's from. Very simple, straightforward, level-headed... He's ISTJ all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The character is played too always energetic and bubbly to be introvert. An E or I either one can have social anxieties, but the difference between E and I is energy. jmo.
    She's bubbly and energetic around her close friends. Any introvert can be like that. I'm not saying she's socially anxious, because she's definitely not. Just that she's not energetic or enthusiastic around others, and she's not willing to change. An extrovert is generally quite comfortable in the company of other people (besides their close friends and family), and many times seeks to enjoy the company of those others. Elaine does not do this.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    To both: Can you explain Jerry as ISTP?
    To be fair- looking at this thread again.. I don't think I can explain Jerry as ISTP too well.

You make some solid arguments for him being ISTJ and I can consider him to be one! As an ISTJ yourself, you'd probably have an especially good idea on who is your own type.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    ^ true that.
    she is way too energetic to be a I.
    it's easy to type people based on energy display when they are with others.

you still suck at typing people don't you?
    last time it was star trek. this time it's this.
    It helps when the people are real people and not fictional characters designed for a sitcom about nothing, wouldn't you say?

Come to think of it, Seinfeld is particularly tough because the characters are all just SO absurd.

There's no consensus on this at all, apparently.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

heart on fire

She's bubbly and energetic around her close friends. Any introvert can be like that. I'm not saying she's socially anxious, because she's definitely not. Just that she's not energetic or enthusiastic around others, and she's not willing to change. An extrovert is generally quite comfortable in the company of other people (besides their close friends and family), and many times seeks to enjoy the company of those others. Elaine does not do this.
    But they wouldn't be bubbly and cheerful consistantly all the time. That's the part everyone misses. An extrovert with social anxiety wouldn't be comfortable around strangers. Comfort with strangers is not the point between I and E.

MBTI
    I

But they wouldn't be bubbly and cheerful consistantly all the time. That's the part everyone misses. An extrovert with social anxiety wouldn't be comfortable around strangers. Comfort with strangers is not the point between I and E.
    I see what you're saying, but I just don't see her as a socially anxious extrovert. She doesn't seem shy, just unwilling to socialize with her colleagues or others. It almost does seem like she gets drained from communication, it's a tough call though.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Her character is like always bubbly. INxJ may be able to appear extraverted but they will fall flat enough to show the introversion.
    Oh I agree with you. I think she's definitely an extravert. I had simply gotten off topic.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

heart on fire

Oh I agree with you. I think she's definitely an extravert. I had simply gotten off topic.
    , I do that too.

I see what you're saying, but I just don't see her as a socially anxious extrovert. She doesn't seem shy, just unwilling to socialize with her colleagues or others. It almost does seem like she gets drained from communication, it's a tough call though.
    It seems like she imagines people are always judging her and she's defensively contemptuous of people in response and not wanting to deal with them because she's afraid of being judged as saying or doing the wrong thing. If that's not some form of social anxiety, I don't know what is.