User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Hmmm.. I see the main four characters as clearly different examples of the four temperaments.

Jerry: ISTP
    George: ESFJ (An ESFJ can have trouble dealing with his own feelings and those of others- but you can see he's Feeling-oriented)
    Elaine: INFJ
    Kramer: ENTP

I think Elaine's an Intuitive.
    My other argument for George being an ESFJ is that he doesn't really try to control others like an ESTJ/ISTJ would.. he's an SJ for different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Jerry - ISTP
    To both: Can you explain Jerry as ISTP?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

His primary function is Introverted Thinking. Often it comes across clearest when he's helping George analyze his problems.

"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite of your instinct would be right."

That is an example of Ti at work.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Jerry isn't the stereotyped "ZOMG JUMP OFF OF A CLIFF!!!" SP. I do agree on him being ISTP though. Just not feeling it for ISTJ I don't think.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

My Dad did research on this (sadly) and used it in statistics or something at his old jobsite.

I just went and asked him, and he's told me..(I haven't watched it enough to know)

Jerry: INTJ
    Elaine: ENFJ
    George: INTP
    Kramer: ISTP

I'm not saying any of these are right, but I think Jerry is almost certainly INTJ. You have to watch more of his stand up comedy to see it.
    Kramer:
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'm not saying any of these are right, but I think Jerry is almost certainly INTJ. You have to watch more of his stand up comedy to see it.
    ISTP - INTP/INTJ
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know about Seinfeld in real life, but I don't think his character was SP. Seemed very "J" to me. He was so picky about the women he dated, finding very odd details wrong with them. Didn't seem very spontaneous or impulsive at all. Very much a planner. When he acted on impulse, he was very awkward and uncomfortable or very stressed (stuff like stealing the last marble rye from the old lady.)
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    XNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Jhe is an amalgam of Larry David's INFJ personality
    How is Larry David an INFJ? Based on what I know of him, he's socially clueless and kind of rude. I love his work, but most INFJ's are way more concerned about other people's feelings and are much more adept in the social realm.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i don't think jerry's character is very well-defined on the show.

obviously Fe and not Fi. obviously Ti and not Te. probably I based on the group of friends he has (tho he is the most extraverted one). definitely j. and definitely N instead of S.

in real life he's gotta be an intp. infj as played by an intp? and who is the real larry david, is he really an infj as he often gets typed?

george intp (inferior Fe, dom Ti, probably Ne and why he and jerry make such a good team, discussing possibilities at the cafe, very nuts and bolts, cause cause cause)
    elaine estj (she has her own values, she's not necessarily in touch with them, but they feel Fi not Fe, she's always wondering how to convey something and asking the help of jerry and george. she seems more Te to me than Ti like george and jerry).
    kramer istp (possibly Ne, but overall he is strangely literal at almost all times, wacky but he seems more Se to me than Ne, sensualist and in-the-moment, he is very poorly defined as well)
    newman entp (jerry's strange antithesis, Ne, Ti, probably Fe and not Fi)

if jerrys character is an infj, he's a 4w3. george would be a 6w5.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I don't know about Seinfeld in real life, but I don't think his character was SP. Seemed very "J" to me. He was so picky about the women he dated, finding very odd details wrong with them. Didn't seem very spontaneous or impulsive at all. Very much a planner. When he acted on impulse, he was very awkward and uncomfortable or very stressed (stuff like stealing the last marble rye from the old lady.)
    Yeah, that's exactly why he's a J. I could definitely see the SiTe at work too, as opposed to TiSe.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly why he's a J. I could definitely see the SiTe at work too, as opposed to TiSe.
    Yeah, I see the "Si-Te" too. He was always categorizing everything. People, relationships, etc. Everything always had to fit in a box and have a label of some sort.

In fact, the more I think about his conversations with George, the more I think Jerry - ISTJ, George INTJ. Because they were always bouncing those category labels off of each other all the time, feeding off each other's "Te" I think. But George was always convinced of some sort of conspiracy or hidden meaning behind everything, whereas Jerry was more about factual details.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel