• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seinfeld Characters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...entp def not enfp

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh, I'm late, but Kramer's indeed gotta be ENTP.

Elaine's ESFJ (I've seen her typed as ENFJ, bull).

George...ISTJ maybe.

Jerry, xNTJ. I think ENTJ fits best.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Seinfeld

Yeah, I know there may be other threads on this but I want to create a new one. Love the show, and I think these are the typings:

Jerry - ISTJ
Elaine - ISFJ
George - ExTx
Kramer - ENTP

Other characters:
Newman - INTP
Frank Costanza - ESTJ
Estelle Costanza - ESFJ
Morty Seinfeld - ISTJ
Helen Seinfeld - ISFJ
Peterman - ENTP
Soup Nazi - INTJ

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can you explain how you came to those conclusions? Especially for the main characters, and most especially Kramer.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I definitely can see Kramer as being ENTP. Eccentric!

Oh and for Elaine somehow I don't see her as ISFJ. Maybe INFJ, she seems more like my mom, not really giving detailed visual information. Of course I didn't watch the show continuously as I hated, George and Newman, plus not caring much for Kramer. I know most people liked him.

heart

heart on fire
George is so INTP it hurts, but he's stuck in tertiary temptation. (and anima posession Fe)
Elaine is clearly ESF
Newman isn't N.
Jerry seems E

Last edited:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jerry - ISTP
Kramer - ENTP
Elaine - ESTJ
George - untypable (this is he is an amalgam of Larry David's INFJ personality thrown in with some extra stuff that Jason Alexander put there)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Can you explain how you came to those conclusions? Especially for the main characters, and most especially Kramer.

Sure.

Jerry -
He may be a comedian, but he's an introvert. He is not really a people-person, and he likes being around his close friends all the time. He's a sensor because he comments on real-life situations in his comedy, he's quite a practical guy. Thinker for sure, he doesn't really follow his emotions, he's a logical guy. J over P because he likes to plan his comedy routines, you see him in a few episodes working on it, he generally likes to have things done - for example, eating that lunch in a restaurant with one of his friends. He also fits the ISTJ bill far more than the ISTP one.

Elaine -
The I/E barrier was admittedly close, but I pick Introversion because she too gets more energized when around her close friends. She doesn't have very many friends, and she is not a people-person either, in fact the very thought of being around many people is not pleasant for her. She's a sensor, living in the present, not really the head-in-the-clouds type. Feeler because she is emotional when reacting to decisions, she is fairy sensitive and reminds me of an ISFJ that I know. Judger, she is more ISFJ than ISFP.

George -
All I can tell is that he's extroverted, and you can tell that based on his associations among others. He's very comfortable, and somewhat talkative around even those he doesn't relate to.

Kramer -
Extroverted, like George, can talk a lot even around people he doesn't know. Sems to gain that nervous energy around others, even if they're not his close friends. Intuitive, he seems very unsensor-like, he's usually bumping into things, and he's sort of impractical. T over F, he doesn't seem like he makes decisions based on his feelings for others or anything like that. P for sure, he's a spontaneous wreck. ENTP is fitting for him.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Hmmm.. I see the main four characters as clearly different examples of the four temperaments.

Jerry: ISTP
George: ESFJ (An ESFJ can have trouble dealing with his own feelings and those of others- but you can see he's Feeling-oriented)
Elaine: INFJ
Kramer: ENTP

I think Elaine's an Intuitive.
My other argument for George being an ESFJ is that he doesn't really try to control others like an ESTJ/ISTJ would.. he's an SJ for different reasons.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hmmm.. I see the main four characters as clearly different examples of the four temperaments.

Jerry: ISTP
George: ESFJ (An ESFJ can have trouble dealing with his own feelings and those of others- but you can see he's Feeling-oriented)
Elaine: INFJ
Kramer: ENTP

I think Elaine's an Intuitive.
My other argument for George being an ESFJ is that he doesn't really try to control others like an ESTJ/ISTJ would.. he's an SJ for different reasons.

Jerry - ISTP

To both: Can you explain Jerry as ISTP?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
His primary function is Introverted Thinking. Often it comes across clearest when he's helping George analyze his problems.

"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite of your instinct would be right."

That is an example of Ti at work.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jerry isn't the stereotyped "ZOMG JUMP OFF OF A CLIFF!!!" SP. I do agree on him being ISTP though. Just not feeling it for ISTJ I don't think.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My Dad did research on this (sadly) and used it in statistics or something at his old jobsite.

I just went and asked him, and he's told me..(I haven't watched it enough to know)

Jerry: INTJ
Elaine: ENFJ
George: INTP
Kramer: ISTP

I'm not saying any of these are right, but I think Jerry is almost certainly INTJ. You have to watch more of his stand up comedy to see it.
Kramer:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know about Seinfeld in real life, but I don't think his character was SP. Seemed very "J" to me. He was so picky about the women he dated, finding very odd details wrong with them. Didn't seem very spontaneous or impulsive at all. Very much a planner. When he acted on impulse, he was very awkward and uncomfortable or very stressed (stuff like stealing the last marble rye from the old lady.)

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
Jhe is an amalgam of Larry David's INFJ personality

How is Larry David an INFJ? Based on what I know of him, he's socially clueless and kind of rude. I love his work, but most INFJ's are way more concerned about other people's feelings and are much more adept in the social realm.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't think jerry's character is very well-defined on the show.

obviously Fe and not Fi. obviously Ti and not Te. probably I based on the group of friends he has (tho he is the most extraverted one). definitely j. and definitely N instead of S.

in real life he's gotta be an intp. infj as played by an intp? and who is the real larry david, is he really an infj as he often gets typed?

george intp (inferior Fe, dom Ti, probably Ne and why he and jerry make such a good team, discussing possibilities at the cafe, very nuts and bolts, cause cause cause)
elaine estj (she has her own values, she's not necessarily in touch with them, but they feel Fi not Fe, she's always wondering how to convey something and asking the help of jerry and george. she seems more Te to me than Ti like george and jerry).
kramer istp (possibly Ne, but overall he is strangely literal at almost all times, wacky but he seems more Se to me than Ne, sensualist and in-the-moment, he is very poorly defined as well)
newman entp (jerry's strange antithesis, Ne, Ti, probably Fe and not Fi)

if jerrys character is an infj, he's a 4w3. george would be a 6w5.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't know about Seinfeld in real life, but I don't think his character was SP. Seemed very "J" to me. He was so picky about the women he dated, finding very odd details wrong with them. Didn't seem very spontaneous or impulsive at all. Very much a planner. When he acted on impulse, he was very awkward and uncomfortable or very stressed (stuff like stealing the last marble rye from the old lady.)

Yeah, that's exactly why he's a J. I could definitely see the SiTe at work too, as opposed to TiSe.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, that's exactly why he's a J. I could definitely see the SiTe at work too, as opposed to TiSe.

Yeah, I see the "Si-Te" too. He was always categorizing everything. People, relationships, etc. Everything always had to fit in a box and have a label of some sort.

In fact, the more I think about his conversations with George, the more I think Jerry - ISTJ, George INTJ. Because they were always bouncing those category labels off of each other all the time, feeding off each other's "Te" I think. But George was always convinced of some sort of conspiracy or hidden meaning behind everything, whereas Jerry was more about factual details.