User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 75

  1. #61
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Well, I'm a 4 and an INFJ, so maybe that's why I think she is INFJ, too.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I don't see INFP being as hard as Jane Eyre.

    Heh. My copy is held together with a rubber band. The pages are falling out, I've read it so many times.

    iwakar, what parts show the Fi-fueled Te?
    Welp, I tried to find clips on Youtube of certain scenes, but no dice. In fact, didn't find clips of any scenes, just the darn trailers. Move was just recently released to DVD, so maybe something will pop up? Might just be too soon.

    Oh internet/movie hackers, I am very disappoint.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  3. #63
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I downloaded Villette and read a couple of chapters last night.

    And Amazon has this Jane Eyre available as instant video, so I'm off to watch it! Thanks for the recommendation! I never would have heard about this movie otherwise.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I just finished watching the movie. It was so beautiful to look at! Although I warn you to keep the Kleenex box handy. It really made me cry.

    Rochester does keep referring to her as otherworldly, and I don't think INFJ gets that description as often as INFP. I'm off to finish Villette, but I've got to Chapter VI already and so far it's all minute descriptions of other people.

  5. #65
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think Mr. Rochester is an ENTJ, and INFP for Jane would probably make more sense for their match then INFJ would. Their dynamic reminds me of myself when I banter with a guy I like. I always make sure I cut them down to size and keep their ego in check, but in a teasing way
    Never read the book, but she comes off INFP in the new film. I agree with Rochester as ENTJ. Like I've always said, for every poor ENTJ, somewhere out there is an INFP stringing them along.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  6. #66
    Senior Member Alassea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Well, I'm a 4 and an INFJ, so maybe that's why I think she is INFJ, too.
    It's very simple Tiltyred.

    Your experiences with INFPs clearly don't match up with us INFPs on here and we clearly cannot relate to it, but you seem to generalize INFPs as if your perceptions of us are facts.
    But then you go on to say that you are an INFJ and related to Jane therefore she is suddenly an INFJ to you as one person?

    You see the loopholes and hypocrisy of your logic?
    You say that you have yet to meet a mean and hard INFP in real life who is not afraid of calling someone out (like how Jane did with Mrs. Reed.)
    Well you are about to.

    Although, now I see you have changed your type into INFP so I am rather curious about that.
    "She had a lively, playful disposition which delighted in anything ridiculous." ~Jane Austen

  7. #67
    Senior Member senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alassea View Post
    It's very simple Tiltyred.

    Your experiences with INFPs clearly don't match up with us INFPs on here and we clearly cannot relate to it, but you seem to generalize INFPs as if your perceptions of us are facts.
    But then you go on to say that you are an INFJ and related to Jane therefore she is suddenly an INFJ to you as one person?

    You see the loopholes and hypocrisy of your logic?
    You say that you have yet to meet a mean and hard INFP in real life who is not afraid of calling someone out (like how Jane did with Mrs. Reed.)
    Well you are about to.
    Tiltyred now self-types as an INFP based on the information under her avatar so ...

  8. #68
    Senior Member Alassea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Tiltyred now self-types as an INFP based on the information under her avatar so ...
    So I've noticed and made an edit to my last response.

    Did you wander by here coincidentally or how did you find my new reply so fast?
    "She had a lively, playful disposition which delighted in anything ridiculous." ~Jane Austen

  9. #69
    Junior Member books's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx
    Socionics
    INFJ Fi
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alassea View Post
    It's very simple Tiltyred.

    Your experiences with INFPs clearly don't match up with us INFPs on here and we clearly cannot relate to it, but you seem to generalize INFPs as if your perceptions of us are facts.
    But then you go on to say that you are an INFJ and related to Jane therefore she is suddenly an INFJ to you as one person?

    You see the loopholes and hypocrisy of your logic?
    You say that you have yet to meet a mean and hard INFP in real life who is not afraid of calling someone out (like how Jane did with Mrs. Reed.)
    Well you are about to.

    Although, now I see you have changed your type into INFP so I am rather curious about that.

    Agreed. Hopefully she understands the difference between Fi & Fe since 2011.

    We INFPs have Te and I know it flares up for me when dealing with people like Mrs. Reed. Fi/Te can be a wicked combo when you get on the bad side of an INFP.
    "Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." - Mason Cooley



  10. #70
    Senior Member Alassea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by books View Post
    Agreed. Hopefully she understands the difference between Fi & Fe since 2011.

    We INFPs have Te and I know it flares up for me when dealing with people like Mrs. Reed. Fi/Te can be a wicked combo when you get on the bad side of an INFP.
    Right?

    As an INFP, I may be an introvert, but I am also sassy and sarcastic as hell and when pushed, I have no qualms against telling people I think are worthless off.
    With Te, I've been told by ESTJs and INTPs that my temper is a thing to behold.
    "She had a lively, playful disposition which delighted in anything ridiculous." ~Jane Austen

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFPs, is that you?
    By Tayshaun in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-14-2015, 07:52 PM
  2. [INFP] Is INFP the airhead type?
    By neo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 04:19 PM
  3. Is Rurouni Kenshin INFP or INFJ?
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 03:32 AM
  4. [INFP] So is there an INFP DoorSlam?
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 08:45 AM
  5. Jane Eyre
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO