INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Emily kicks Charlotte's ass!
    I prefer Charlotte, greatly.

I went back and forth on INFP or INFJ for Jane also....she seems to have these premonitions in her dreams, which says Ni to me, but her general behavior says Fi to me. I agree that her tendency to defy and not mince words seems Fi over Fe.

I think Mr. Rochester is an ENTJ, and INFP for Jane would probably make more sense for their match then INFJ would. Their dynamic reminds me of myself when I banter with a guy I like. I always make sure I cut them down to size and keep their ego in check, but in a teasing way
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I agree that her tendency to defy and not mince words seems Fi over Fe.
    Oh, I can totally do that being INFJ when I'm offended. You should have seen me in philosophy class a few years ago. ->

Note that Jane usually does that when she is offended. The premonitions also seem to suggest J over P here. Although I personally thought those a bit silly. I don't like the kitsch romantic ending of this book. I suppose that is the reason I Like Zeffirelli's version (cuts through most of this to make a shorter film). I also remember Rochester's descriptions of Jane: "the air of a little nun" talking about her austerity and all. I don't get this impression of self-control from INFPs. I think she inherited this J self-control at Lowood and Fe being a teacher there and caring for the other pupils. But she was INFP in the first chapters as a little girl.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I prefer Charlotte, greatly.
    Oh yeah? You wanna fight? :steam: Oh wait... this has to do with personal preference... nevermind...

I agree that her tendency to defy and not mince words seems Fi over Fe.
    Based on my limited experience with INFJs on here, it seems INFJs can be just as direct and brusque as the INFPs, if not more so. (I'm probably gonna go with more so... that whole directing vs informing way of speaking...

Oh, I can totally do that being INFJ when I'm offended. You should have seen me in philosophy class a few years ago. ->
    KLessard, INFJ, agrees!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Based on my limited experience with INFJs on here, it seems INFJs can be just as direct and brusque as the INFPs, if not more so. (I'm probably gonna go with more so... that whole directing vs informing way of speaking...
    Yes, I'm more direct than I probably should be. People here tend to think Fe type = polite and gracious, as they read in textbooks, but INFJs will stand up for themselves too. Just depends on what they are standing up for.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I thought she was INFJ.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

She's more like infp as a kid. Adult Jane is more a infx. She goes back in forth between infj & infp IMO.

Has anyone guessed what enneagram she is?

MBTI
    INFX
    Socionics
    IEI

I think Jane is an ISFJ. Helen is an INFJ. Jane is way too superstitious and paranoid about what people think of her to signal INFJ for me. Helen is more concerned with existential, religious truths.

/bump I see her as an INFP easily. Despite the character being from another culture/gender/etc..

On a sidenote, I think the new film adaptation is played by a real INFP (Mia Wasikowska), making it seem even more the case.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

So INFJ it's not even funny!

How is it not even funny? Is it really that simple to you? Where do you see a Ni dominant? Ni characters are pretty obvious to me, but she stands out for other reasons. As for Fe, she's more celebrated for being a discordant..even spunky sort of individualist. I'm curious why she's typed INFJ often. Is it simply because she's religious (just curious.. because I've seen people equate Fe with religion, which is ridiculous)?